MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

11 minutes ago, SW1234 said:

Congratulations! Weird question, is your Dal ID the same as when you previously attended Dal ? I have an old ID from when I applied there in the past, wondering if I could log on and see my result as my letter has not yet arrived. I'm inpatient haha

When you applied they would have sent you an email with your student # it starts with B00

5 minutes ago, veronica58 said:

When you applied they would have sent you an email with your student # it starts with B00

hahaha omg I am dumb. Thank you! I completely forgot I even received that, meanwhile was digging up emails from years ago

29 minutes ago, veronica58 said:

https://www.dal.ca/admissions/apply/applying_for_undergraduate_studies/congratulations.html

go to that website and click on accept your offer, it will take you to a search page, put in your info and when it asks what you want to pay don’t click on admission fee click on the MSW program it’s the last option on the bottom

I tried this with a doctorate of law to see if it would change and it also said $200 so I’m not sure if this works unfortunately:(

7 minutes ago, MSWMa said:

Mine doesn’t allow me to create a NetID with Dal so I’m assuming I didn’t get in. I will await my letter in Sask but I’m definitely feeling down. Best of luck to everyone else! 

Mine doesn’t either but I wouldn’t  look too far into it..I’m in Ontario and haven’t heard anything either. This is not an indication that you didn’t get in don’t worry just yet!

Edited by ChipDip

16 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

Mine doesn’t either but I wouldn’t  look too far into it..I’m in Ontario and haven’t heard anything either. This is not an indication that you didn’t get in don’t worry just yet!

I'm in Quebec & haven't received anything back yet either! it also won't let me create a NetID

3 hours ago, makttrrr said:

Reaching 3.5 months for my Windsor MSWwp application. Anyone else going insane?

Same! Every Friday marks another terrible milestone of yet another week without hearing. I really wish they had updated their website from 4-6 weeks. 14 and counting over here, this is brutal. Would have been better to have just known it would take longer…

26 minutes ago, FingersCrossedMSW said:

Same! Every Friday marks another terrible milestone of yet another week without hearing. I really wish they had updated their website from 4-6 weeks. 14 and counting over here, this is brutal. Would have been better to have just known it would take longer…

The weeks are going by faster for me at least.. the only thing keeping me together is that my “in process” status changed twice which seems to be a good indicator of acceptance or at least good standing when i read through past forum posts.

2 hours ago, veronica58 said:

Did the letter say when you would be able to pay your deposit? I’m thinking that might be another way to find out if I was admitted lol 

No - the acceptance letter says their recommendation was sent to the facility if graduate studies and then if it’s approved by them they’ll send an email with an official letter with the $200.00 deposit and deadline to accept

2 hours ago, SW1234 said:

Congratulations! Weird question, is your Dal ID the same as when you previously attended Dal ? I have an old ID from when I applied there in the past, wondering if I could log on and see my result as my letter has not yet arrived. I'm inpatient haha

Hey yes! I applied for the program through my current net ID login - but it doesn’t show a change on there yet! I believe they send them by mail first and won’t update until it’s approved by the facility of graduate studies 

1 hour ago, ChipDip said:

You won’t be able to create a net ID until you get the official letter from the registrars office with your email info (from what I remember when I applied for my BSW) 

56 minutes ago, makttrrr said:

The weeks are going by faster for me at least.. the only thing keeping me together is that my “in process” status changed twice which seems to be a good indicator of acceptance or at least good standing when i read through past forum posts.

Oh good to know! My status date has changed twice too. Good luck! Hopefully next week is our week! 

Yes I believe Alex24 is correct in all of this! I have a Netid and a B00 number simply because Dal is where I got my first degree. Nothings changed for me on dal online, it still says "written notification to follow" in the decision box and I imagine it will stay that way for awhile.

Don't be discouraged!! Especially those of you outside the maritimes...though it sucks that we're going into a weekend and you have to wait until Monday :(

1 hour ago, FingersCrossedMSW said:

Oh good to know! My status date has changed twice too. Good luck! Hopefully next week is our week! 

I didn't apply to Dal or Windsor but I just want you all to know I'm watching this thread by the hour and cheering for you all! It's great to see such a community of support and it's so uplifting to see everyone supporting each other. We all got into this field for a reason and I think this thread shows why. Good news or disappointing, you are all going to be amazing social workers and we will get there one way or another!

36 minutes ago, MSW2022MM said:

I didn't apply to Dal or Windsor but I just want you all to know I'm watching this thread by the hour and cheering for you all! It's great to see such a community of support and it's so uplifting to see everyone supporting each other. We all got into this field for a reason and I think this thread shows why. Good news or disappointing, you are all going to be amazing social workers and we will get there one way or another!

thank you , it's very nice to hear this, we all need this especially during this difficult waiting game

**SEEKING ADVICE

Hello everyone! I have been aspiring to pursue a Master of Social Work education for as long as I can remember. I am currently an RSW working with the Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General at a correctional centre. I have a B.A in psych and an HBSW (Lakehead 1-year program). 

This year is my 4th year in a row applying to MSW programs. As I would like to focus on macro level social work, I applied to McMaster (Critical Analysis) and York University.

Due to working full-time, I applied to the part-time program for both McMaster and York. However, I recently came to the realization that I would be willing to give up my job to attend school. Therefore, I really wish I applied to both full-time and part-time to broaden my chance of acceptance.

Do you think it would be permissible to email both schools to request for my application to be considered for both PT and FT?

Thank you in advance.

10 hours ago, French_MSW said:

**SEEKING ADVICE

Hello everyone! I have been aspiring to pursue a Master of Social Work education for as long as I can remember. I am currently an RSW working with the Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General at a correctional centre. I have a B.A in psych and an HBSW (Lakehead 1-year program). 

This year is my 4th year in a row applying to MSW programs. As I would like to focus on macro level social work, I applied to McMaster (Critical Analysis) and York University.

Due to working full-time, I applied to the part-time program for both McMaster and York. However, I recently came to the realization that I would be willing to give up my job to attend school. Therefore, I really wish I applied to both full-time and part-time to broaden my chance of acceptance.

Do you think it would be permissible to email both schools to request for my application to be considered for both PT and FT?

Thank you in advance.

Hey! I feel like there’s no harm in emailing and asking them. I’m not sure if they will be able to change it as most schools say that once you’ve handed in your application, you can’t make changes. However, I feel like emailing and asking wouldn’t cause any harm! Best of luck to you!

On 2/11/2022 at 12:22 PM, ChipDip said:

No, Ontario! But I hope to be in September lol!

Hi there! Chiming in from Toronto - no letter yet from Dal for me either (applied to the 2 year programme). Hopeful today but trying not to be too optimistic.