MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

1 hour ago, MSW-Advanced Standing said:

looks like many applicants also put york and uoft into their lists as well?? 

I think UofT is always a popular choice?

I hope that they will not issue offers according to the date of submitting applications as I submitted right before the deadline. The waiting game drives me crazy and I keep checking the application portals of all colleges I applied once in a few hours...

3 hours ago, hello121212 said:

Same!!!! Why do York and U of T have to take so long!

ugh I feel you.. I think it's because they have over 1400 applicants with only 140 spots, must take time to go through all those applications. The waiting for UofT sucks 

4 hours ago, teaandSW21 said:

ugh I feel you.. I think it's because they have over 1400 applicants with only 140 spots, must take time to go through all those applications. The waiting for UofT sucks 

Where were you able to see those numbers, i.e., 1400 applicants for 140 spots? 

7 hours ago, T.O.hopeful said:

Okay thanks for clarifying! :)

I had an info seminar on U of T MSW half year ago, and the host said that there are on average 7 people competing each spot each year. I felt that the competition is always fierce for U of T anyway.

19 hours ago, teaandSW21 said:

FYI, York has something like 20 full time spots for the two year program and more like 60 for advanced standing. My source for that is pretty much everyone I've spoken to in the department at York.

24 minutes ago, SW1234 said:

Any news from Carleton?

I haven't heard anything and my status hasn't changed either. The wait is killing me.

Surprised we haven't seen any acceptances yet? IIRC, by this time on previous threads/years, people had already been accepted. I think with my luck, I'll be one of the last to hear haha. 

25 minutes ago, MSW-Advanced Standing said:

Hi , would you mind telling me where you see the word “submitted “ I can only see a list of documents I uploaded and each says “received “ , not seeing any wording besides that 

You have to login in from the main Application management page (https://admissions.sgs.utoronto.ca/apply/). Then it will show you your list of applications (if you have more than one UofT application) with a Status that says Submitted. 

1 hour ago, cofffeee said:

finally built up the courage to open my Dal letter... i got in!!!!!! i am in disbelief. the portal has also been updated :)

Congrats!! The mail where I live hasn’t been delivered for 4 days ? I called Canada post and they said they’re too busy to deliver every day here and I will just have to wait ? where in the portal was it updated?

20 minutes ago, veronica58 said:

Congrats!! The mail where I live hasn’t been delivered for 4 days ? I called Canada post and they said they’re too busy to deliver every day here and I will just have to wait ? where in the portal was it updated?

That's so wild about your mail!

If you log on to your dal online account the status of your application should have changed: https://dalonline.dal.ca/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

Capture1.thumb.PNG.b67b13650afd51228ae407aa22f50fdf.PNG

Edited by EMWC