MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

Hello.

Would like to know if there are universities with a Winter Intake for their Foundational MSW?

Or is MSW a Fall Intake kind of program for all unis?

Asking for an internation student friend. Thanks!

On 5/10/2022 at 9:20 AM, mswhopeful2022 said:

Hi everyone! I wondered if anybody has heard from Laurier's part-time online program yet? I applied to the non-BSW. I know Laurier expected to send out acceptances in May

I’m still waiting to hear from Laurier part time advanced standing. In last years forum they started hearing around May 12. Fingers crossed 

On 5/10/2022 at 9:20 AM, mswhopeful2022 said:

Hi everyone! I wondered if anybody has heard from Laurier's part-time online program yet? I applied to the non-BSW. I know Laurier expected to send out acceptances in May

I just received an email rejecting my application to the part-time advanced standing MSW at Laurier. I’d already accepted an offer to the MSWwp program at Windsor though. Hope you hear good news soon!!

11 minutes ago, FingersCrossedMSW said:

I just received an email rejecting my application to the part-time advanced standing MSW at Laurier. I’d already accepted an offer to the MSWwp program at Windsor though. Hope you hear good news soon!!

I just heard back as well, and I also received a rejection - except for me it was for the part-time non-bsw Laurier program. They confirmed that there were only 25 spots. Definitely disappointing, but I knew it was a very competitive program.  Congrats on Windsor! :)

I received my rejection letter today for the part-time online program through Laurier. I’m super disappointed even though I told myself not to get my hopes up. I’m hoping to connect with an advisor to get more specific feedback (if this is possible) as the rejection email was so generic.  Ugh, rejection is hard.

Edited by mack07p

On 5/13/2022 at 10:47 AM, FingersCrossedMSW said:

What letter does your last name start with? Thanks for the info and congrats on Windsor!!!!

16 hours ago, mack07p said:

I received my rejection letter today for the part-time online program through Laurier. I’m super disappointed even though I told myself not to get my hopes up. I’m hoping to connect with an advisor to get more specific feedback (if this is possible) as the rejection email was so generic.  Ugh, rejection is hard.

So sorry to hear :( I have been trying not to get my hopes up too. Is your last name at the beginning of the alphabet? I’m so anxious and feeling like I’m going to have to wait til Monday lol! 

17 minutes ago, SaraEm2021 said:

So sorry to hear :( I have been trying not to get my hopes up too. Is your last name at the beginning of the alphabet? I’m so anxious and feeling like I’m going to have to wait til Monday lol! 

My last name starts with P! Maybe the longer wait means you’ll be getting an acceptance email instead! 

Hi everyone, I wondered if anybody could let me know if they have made it off the Laurier MSW (non-bsw, in person) wait list? Or if anybody currently has an acceptance to the program (Fall 2022) that they will be declining. I am hoping to gauge if there is any chance of getting off the wait list. Thank you

Edited by mswhopeful2022

15 minutes ago, mswhopeful2022 said:

Hi everyone, I wondered if anybody could let me know if they have made it off the Laurier MSW (non-bsw, in person) wait list? Or if anybody currently has an acceptance to the program (Fall 2022) that they will be declining. I am hoping to gauge if there is any chance of getting off the wait list. Thank you

I am in a similar position but the advanced standing program and would also like to know the likely hood of getting off the waitlist :)