MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

Laurier emailed me (last name "T") on May 17th and I got waitlisted for the Foundational MSW p/t online program for Fall 2022. I've accepted another grad program already and will be doing that. I hear you, the wait has been ridiculously long. 

To those who got in, a big congrats! And to those who didn't get in or got waitlisted, there are always other intakes or schools that will welcome what you bring to the table. Wishing everyone all the best!

Edited by mrshappygolucky

5 hours ago, mrshappygolucky said:

Laurier emailed me (last name "T") on May 17th and I got waitlisted for the Foundational MSW p/t online program for Fall 2022. I've accepted another grad program already and will be doing that. I hear you, the wait has been ridiculously long. 

To those who got in, a big congrats! And to those who didn't get in or got waitlisted, there are always other intakes or schools that will welcome what you bring to the table. Wishing everyone all the best!

They still haven’t sent out acceptances for the online advanced standing as far as I’m aware ? I can’t believe it

16 hours ago, mrshappygolucky said:

By foundational, do you mean the non BSW online part time program? 

I applied for that too and still haven't heard anything...

36 minutes ago, directcareworker said:

By foundational, do you mean the non BSW online part time program? 

I applied for that too and still haven't heard anything...

I believe that’s what they mean, and I haven’t heard of anyone being accepted yet! Only people being waitlisted and rejected so far. I haven’t heard yet either, the suspense is buildinggggg

15 hours ago, incomingmsw2022 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Congrats to everyone getting accepted into their MSW!

I have gone ahead and accepted my offer for Windsor's MSW (online part-time for working professionals - regular track) program. For a fall start date. 

I was wondering if a group chat has been made already?

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied?

I'm hitting the 4 month mark for my application..

27 minutes ago, lvande94 said:

Hi everyone! Similar to those of you that applied to Laurier's advanced standing MSW program, I have been waiting patiently to hear back. However, I finally received an offer of admission this afternoon! Good luck to everyone else, I hope you also receive some good news today! :) 

Congratulations! I also just received an email offering admissions (first and last name starts with an M). I don’t know that I can attend as I have already put so much work into planning courses for another program and I’m leaning more towards an in-person program but it feels good to be accepted, especially since I was declined last year. All the best to everyone still waiting to hear and those on the waitlist - good luck!

Well I got Into Laurier pt time online advance standing ?✌️ but as previously stated I will be declining the offer as I have already accepted my offer from Ryerson for their advanced standing program (I can't argue with the scholarship their offering and have already made extensive plans to move).

With this, I am incredibly humbled and flattered. I was told over and over my chances were slim because I am not a working professional. So for anyone who is like me and just has a butt load of lived experience and volunteer hours, it is possible to get in. (See my previous post for my stats).

Good luck to everyone on the wait list and future applicants!

2 hours ago, MSW2022 said:

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied?

I'm hitting the 4 month mark for my application..

Thank you so much! 

Of course, please see details below:

Applied: Mid-December 2021 

Accepted: March 3, 2022 

GPA: 3.70 - UofT undergrad 2016-2020 (HBSc - Human Bio & Psych) 

Hours: + 10,000 

Volunteer experience: at my local hospital and St. Mikes, research volunteer at Ontario Shores, kindergarten teaching assistant, KidCoach (FPK), and move coordinator for Shelter Movers.

Work experience: nothing too crazy I used to work at Starbucks and for the last 1.5 years I've worked at CAMH first as an admin and now I'm a research analyst. 

I received my references from one physician that I worked under and the director of clinical research which I think helped out a lot. 

I hope that helps let me know if you want me to provide any further information! 

I also got my admission email today for Laurier Advanced Standing Online Part-Time MSW!!! I will be accepting as this is the only school I applied to and wanted to attend. I need an online program as I work full-time in Peterborough and cannot leave my job to study (bills baby bills haha). 

Congrats to everyone who also got an acceptance today!

I GOT IN!!! FINALLY!!! This was my third try and I was going to give up after this. Thank you for this community for being so supportive of each other. I had a feeling I was going to find out today, and I'm so happy. Congrats to everyone who got in and hope to meet some of you (online) soon!

P.S. The program I got into is the non BSW part time online MSW at WLU 

1 hour ago, directcareworker said:

I GOT IN!!! FINALLY!!! This was my third try and I was going to give up after this. Thank you for this community for being so supportive of each other. I had a feeling I was going to find out today, and I'm so happy. Congrats to everyone who got in and hope to meet some of you (online) soon!

P.S. The program I got into is the non BSW part time online MSW at WLU 

YAAAAAAY CONGRATS, your hard work has paid off ?? Can’t wait to meet online soon! Do you know of any groups/chats created for the program yet? 

9 hours ago, Tj13 said:

Oh can I ask what stream? 

Children and Families. We also had the mandatory equity and diversity training seminar yesterday. This was 1 of 3 mandatory seminars for admissions for this fall. About 100 students were in attendance. Does anyone know how many spots the program has for the 2 year? 

2 hours ago, MSW2022UofT said:

Children and Families. We also had the mandatory equity and diversity training seminar yesterday. This was 1 of 3 mandatory seminars for admissions for this fall. About 100 students were in attendance. Does anyone know how many spots the program has for the 2 year? 

My friend got into the program last year and her cohort had 140 people in the 2 year. Im guessing the avg for the 2 year is about 130-145 people. 

Hi Everyone - Has there been a group chat started for UBC-Vancouver students? I'm not on FB but would love to know if there is a group started on another platform or if anyone would like to connect, please message me!

Looking forward to meeting you all in September!