7 minutes ago, 2022slpplease said:

Does anyone know when UofT and Western release their decisions on April 1st? I heard that Western is right at midnight but UofT can be a couple hours afterward. Can any past applicants confirm? :) 

I think UofT sends acceptances around midnight but rejections the morning after. I got my rejection around 9 am.

Got my waitlist email for Western at 12:12 am

Hello! I'm an SLP student at Western and would be happy to answer a couple questions about the program - I was in your shoes not too long ago. :)

Someone asked about the number of hours/week you spend in class at Western. We currently spend about 18 hours/week in class, which doesn't including the time spent on our placement (which feels a little like working a part-time job while trying to complete 10 courses). Our classes are not evenly spread out at the moment - we have one day where we have 6 hours of classes and one day with no classes (reserved for placement). For the most part our classes are loosely within a 9am-5pm timeframe, though we do have a night class this semester. The days are very full - Monday starts, you blink, and it's Friday again! The first two semesters of Western's program are known for being quite intense (they have to cover a lot of foundational material within a short space of time) - after this, (we're told) the work load gets a little lighter.

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone could confirm that the UofT requirement for a mid-B standing in the last 5 full course equivalents means an overall average of 75% in those last 5 full/10 half courses? (not a minimum 75% in each?).

1 hour ago, 2022slpplease said:

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone could confirm that the UofT requirement for a mid-B standing in the last 5 full course equivalents means an overall average of 75% in those last 5 full/10 half courses? (not a minimum 75% in each?).

Looks like mid B standing is reference to the final year (aka 5 credits), so it would be the average rather than minimal for all 5 credits. Only thing that needs to be at a certain grade are the prereqs as they specifically say and bolden the word each in their wording.

Hope that helps 

3 hours ago, 2022SLPhopefully said:

Hey guys,

I still haven't received an email from Dalhousie and none of my application components are showing up as received. Has anyone emailed them about the delay and heard back? 

I'm in the same boat! I emailed and just got an automated email back which essentially said not to email ... :( 

3 hours ago, SpeechieSar said:

I'm in the same boat! I emailed and just got an automated email back which essentially said not to email ... :( 

I think they are working their way down the list! I called them twice in a panic because one of the universities that I previously attended isn't accepting Official Transcript requests. They were very patient with me and Nomsa emailed me back a couple of days later!

I know it's trés stressful but they'll confirm soon!!

On 2/27/2022 at 8:26 PM, speech_123 said:

Hi everyone! Was wondering if anyone can help me. I got an interview to McMaster and have checked-in for both components of the interview. However, it says that I am have 50% complete for one check-in and 80% complete for the other. I thought that I have filled in all the requirements. Does anyone else have the same numbers as me? Is this normal that it doesn't say 100% complete for the check-in? Thank you in advance :)!

Hi, I do have the same numbers as you so I don't think theres anything to worry about!! :) But, anyone also feel free to confirm if the steps for the check-in are completed with 80% and 50%. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, SLPplease3 said:

@HanktheTank8 @speechenthusiast  @SpeechieSar

@victoriaSLP

Hey guys, if any of you know how to make a group chat, that would be excellent!

21 hours ago, SLPplease3 said:

Would anyone be interested in meeting (through zoom, Skype, etc) to practice MMI? We could go through some scenarios, give each other some feedback :)

Hello, I would also be interested!! Would love to make a group chat as well. :)

18 hours ago, SpeechieSar said:

Hi guys!

I got an email confirming they received my supporting documents on Feb 25! I do think they're going down the list of applicants - I previously read that they go through the list alphabetically (though, I don't know if this is entirely true). One thing I can say is, a couple days before I received the confirmation email, I sent them an email asking about my application. I sometimes wonder if they confirmed my documents because they received my email, or if it was just a coincidence that shortly after they sent me the confirmation? 

Edited by SpeechieGracie

11 hours ago, speechenthusiast said:

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email from Toronto yet?

A confirmation email for what? I didn't know that we'd get any communication for UofT until April 1st. 

I guess just like a confirmation that they received an application? I received that from western, dalhousie and mcmaster but haven't heard a single thing from Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, 2022slpplease said:

A confirmation email for what? I didn't know that we'd get any communication for UofT until April 1st. 

2 minutes ago, speechenthusiast said:

I guess just like a confirmation that they received an application? I received that from western, dalhousie and mcmaster but haven't heard a single thing from Toronto. 

I see, nope I havent received anything like that. But I did get one from Western regarding setting up an account a while back. It's possible that UofT doesn't send one? As long as you got the ORPAS confirmation of the application I wouldn't worry :)

Maybe a current Uoft student or past applicant can confirm? 

Edited by 2022slpplease

1 hour ago, 2022slpplease said:

I see, nope I havent received anything like that. But I did get one from Western regarding setting up an account a while back. It's possible that UofT doesn't send one? As long as you got the ORPAS confirmation of the application I wouldn't worry :)

Maybe a current Uoft student or past applicant can confirm? 

Checked my emails from last year and can't find anything about a confirmation. Just have the one email from April 1st.

Hey everyone! This is my fifth year applying to S-LP programs ?. I'm excited and nervous to start hearing back from Canadian schools. I applied to Western, Toronto, Alberta, and Dalhousie in Canada as well as a school in Scotland (no results yet) and the University of Maine (waitlisted).

After getting rejected across the board for the past four years I'm very excited to have made it onto a waitlist this time. There's hope!

1 hour ago, speechiestudent said:

does anyone know when UBC, UofA, and Dal send out offers?

My submission email from DAL says they will email in April but no specific date. I'm not certain about UofA but I think I saw a post on here that said they send out emails in March! I haven't applied to UBC so I can't offer anything there. Hope this helps :)