4 hours ago, SLPtobe2024 said:

Just got waitlisted at Dal. I got accepted to all of the Ontario schools so I'm honestly surprised but oh well. I'm removing myself from the waitlist but good luck to everyone on the waitlist and congrats to those who got accepted! 

I got accepted to all the Ontario schools I applied to also but just got a rejection from Dal :( oh well! Congrats to everyone who received an offer and to those still waiting … I’m crossing my fingers and toes for you ;) 

47 minutes ago, SpeechieSar said:

I got accepted to all the Ontario schools I applied to also but just got a rejection from Dal :( oh well! Congrats to everyone who received an offer and to those still waiting … I’m crossing my fingers and toes for you ;) 

Congrats on all the other acceptances though! That’s awesome.

What time did you get the email from Dal? Are they still sending them out even though it’s past the work day?

Would anyone else who's accepted UBC like to apartment hunt together? I'll be arriving in Vancouver in late August but am beginning to look at postings online. Please feel free to reply or message me if you have a place and/or want to be roommates!

Edited by slpapps

3 hours ago, speechenthusiast said:

for everyone who didn't get into any schools this year, whats your plan? Any recommendations on what I should do until I apply for a second time? I was considering a college program 

I’m starting a second under grad in education and accelerating it so I can finish majority of it this year. Going to reapply next year!

10 hours ago, SLP202205 said:

I am still waiting! on their website it says April to May... 

Yeah… I was just really hoping since someone called this week and they said this week, haha. Guess we gotta stay patient! 

10 hours ago, speechenthusiast said:

How many people have done their CDA diploma before applying to masters in slp?

If I don’t get accepted next year I was thinking about doing one via distance education while I work on my application!

On 4/29/2022 at 12:32 PM, speechenthusiast said:

for everyone who didn't get into any schools this year, whats your plan? Any recommendations on what I should do until I apply for a second time? I was considering a college program 

I didn't get in last year, so I kept working as an SLPA, took a handful of relevant 300 and 400-level courses online to boost my GPA, and reached out to a former prof who let me take part in some research she was doing. I got accepted to UBC this year, so I guess all that must've helped! If you're able to get any feedback from school on your applications, or if you have a sense of where your weaknesses were, I'd say just do what you can between now and next year to round out your resume and strengthen your application for next year. And of course, be kind to yourself and just try to stay sane through this whole draining process! 

Finally heard back from Dalhousie today - it was a no which is disappointing but at least that wait is over.

My last hope for this year is U of A's waitlist (top half), I'm wondering if anyone has heard from them recently? "Top half" could mean number 1 to number 17 so I'm curious to see if they've made any progress through the list.

7 hours ago, Love2talk said:

Has anyone heard anything about the McGill waiting list- how many are on it or if they’ve started making offers on it? 

I’m on the McGill waiting list as well and I haven’t heard from them! I haven’t seen anyone on here mention getting an offer from the waitlist yet either. They may have done something similar to McMaster, where it seems they sent out more acceptances than seats available so they did not need to use the waitlist :(. We never know though, people may have heard and just not posted about it! Crossing fingers for us that it maybes moves a bit soon :) 

On 5/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, SpeechieAlly said:

Congrats to everyone who’s gotten in the last few weeks!

Does anyone know where Western is on the waitlist? Have they made it to the 2nd quadrant? 

I’m also waiting for them to get to the 2nd quadrant! I’m hoping they are accepting more people in the summer time, but like also confused as to why they would wait that long to fill all the spots? Or have they already filled the spots and we’re just waiting on people to back out? Wish this was all more clear 

On 5/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, SLPrettyPlease said:

Finally heard back from Dalhousie today - it was a no which is disappointing but at least that wait is over.

My last hope for this year is U of A's waitlist (top half), I'm wondering if anyone has heard from them recently? "Top half" could mean number 1 to number 17 so I'm curious to see if they've made any progress through the list.

I'm also in the top half of U of A's waitlist but I'm still waiting for news ? Based on the other forum, there has been at least one person admitted off the waitlist in the past two weeks.