Is anyone else confused about where to find the link to the open house for the University of Toronto on April 6th online/how to RSVP? It says I need to RSVP in my acceptance email, but like...where?

Edit - p.s. anyone on the waiting list for McMaster - there's another spot for you! Good luck!?

Edited by SLPEventually

2 hours ago, SLP--2021 said:

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has received a rejection letter from UofA? 

Hi there, I emailed csd  U of  A if they are done releasing the offers, they said they are not done yet informing all students. It will all be sent out mid-late April.. I am not sure though if it is acceptances, waitlists, or rejections.. they were a little vague 

Hey everyone!

My name is Pam. I just found this site after googling for info about SLP in Canada. I wish I knew this existed sooner!

I applied to McGill, Western, U of T and Dalhousie this cycle and got waitlisted for McGill and U of T, rejected from Western and offered an admission to Dal! So that’s where I’ll be going in September. 

This was my first year applying, I’m just about to graduate from my BA in Linguistics. If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to share! 

Congrats to everyone who got in! I look forward to meeting the rest of the successful Dal applicants soon. :)

I got accepted on Tuesday the 29th.

Edit: Lol idk how, but I thought I was quote replying to someone but I wasn’t. No clue how to fix it or delete this post. ? 

Edited by SLPam

2 hours ago, SLPEventually said:

Is anyone else confused about where to find the link to the open house for the University of Toronto on April 6th online/how to RSVP? It says I need to RSVP in my acceptance email, but like...where?

Edit - p.s. anyone on the waiting list for McMaster - there's another spot for you! Good luck!?

It says more details to follow on the email they sent on Friday. So I am hoping they will release more information either tomorrow or Tuesday. If anything, you can always email them.

39 minutes ago, bakedbeans said:

Hi guys new to this forum!

Is anyone else who received an email from vicki about getting an offer at UofA still waiting for their portal to update from prescreening? 

32 minutes ago, SLPwonder said:

YUPPP, still waiting! My portal hasn't changed at all :o

28 minutes ago, ewdavid said:

Same! I'm so impatient, I just want to formally accept already!

Mine is still pre-screening also. I'm actually surprised it's taking this long. It's making me anxious! ?

HI there! Congratulations to everyone on all the hard work this application cycle! 

I was wondering if anyone has any insights on choosing between the Ontario English SLP programs (Mac, UofT, Western). Or in general, what have you kept in mind when making your decision in terms of the programs and placement opportunities? 

Edited by slp12398

14 hours ago, SLPam said:

Hey everyone!

My name is Pam. I just found this site after googling for info about SLP in Canada. I wish I knew this existed sooner!

I applied to McGill, Western, U of T and Dalhousie this cycle and got waitlisted for McGill and U of T, rejected from Western and offered an admission to Dal! So that’s where I’ll be going in September. 

This was my first year applying, I’m just about to graduate from my BA in Linguistics. If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to share! 

Congrats to everyone who got in! I look forward to meeting the rest of the successful Dal applicants soon. :)

Congratulations! 

19 hours ago, SLPwonder said:

For UofA, if we get a conditional acceptance and have to pass a pre-req course to receive full acceptance, is there a certain grade we need to pass the class with? Does anybody know?

I am wondering the same thing, I am assuming it should be a B+ or higher, but I have no clue. I am going to email Vicki about this. 

49 minutes ago, KSpeech said:

Has anyone asked Janet yet about which quadrant they are in for Western's waitlist?

Hey!

i emailed her Friday but haven’t heard back yet. I’m sure she has other emails that take priority! I’ll let you know when I hear back. 

On 4/1/2022 at 11:28 AM, danielaspeechSLP said:

Hey everyone! Congrats on getting accepted into an SLP program. I am a 1st year SLP student at the University of Toronto. I am currently half way through my first placement. If anyone has any questions I am happy to answer them!

Hey! I wanted to ask are all of your courses in the building on 500 University? Also did you have any online courses this year? I was wondering if in September its all in person classes or a hybrid? Thank You!

4 hours ago, SpeechieSar said:

Hi everyone! I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding if McMaster is accredited and what that even means? Does that mean when you graduate you aren't able to practice yet?

I am also super confused by this if anyone has more information that would be great. Also is your offer showing on ORPAS for McMaster?

10 minutes ago, Speechiepath said:

I am also super confused by this if anyone has more information that would be great. Also is your offer showing on ORPAS for McMaster?

I'm not sure of its current accreditation status, but I believe before it was accredited/if it isn't yet accredited graduates were only able to practice in the province of Ontario. That was my understanding of what I read the last time I looked into McMaster (which was a year or two ago now). 

I already emailed Dal support to ask, but wanted to see if anyone knew the answer here already. 

After getting accepted to Dal, I decided to drop one of the courses I was taking that was a prereq for UofT and not Dal. I dropped without academic prejudice so it'll just show up as dropped on my transcript and not impact my GPA.

Does anyone know if that will impact my offer for Dal? Even if it's not a prereq course? I did it impulsively and realize now that I probably should have checked first. ?

If no one is sure, I'll report back here when I get the response!