2 hours ago, KSpeech said:

I received an email on the 16th that I am next in line on the waitlist and that they have a spot available! According to Viki, I am to expect to receive my acceptance letter in the next two weeks on my portal. Although to be honest, am still crossing my fingers for Western (am in the first quadrant of Western's waitlist)

Ok thanks! I was told I’m in the top half too…so I’m hoping they get through a few people!! Do you know how far U of A gets into the waitlist? Best of luck to you for westerns waitlist! 

2 minutes ago, Kslp67 said:

Ok thanks! I was told I’m in the top half too…so I’m hoping they get through a few people!! Do you know how far U of A gets into the waitlist? Best of luck to you for westerns waitlist! 

This is my first year on UofA's waitlist so I'm not sure how far they get into it, but I'm assuming they'll go about half way given that there's only 35 people on the waitlist. Thank you!! ❤️ 

On 4/17/2022 at 9:33 PM, TaySLPApplicant said:

If anyone on Western's waitlist gets an offer this week please let us know! Sincerely, an impatient first quadrant-er  ?

Quoting this to say that I received an offer today from Western and accepted it (I was told I was in the first quadrant of the waitlist)!! I will be declining my acceptance to UofA so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone else! Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone's transparency and willingness to help on this forum, it has been a lifesaver. With this being my third time applying and being waitlisted for the second time, I was beginning to loose hope but I'm glad my hard work payed off :) I wish the best of luck to everyone, please please feel free to message me for advice/help ❤️ 

14 minutes ago, KSpeech said:

Quoting this to say that I received an offer today from Western and accepted it (I was told I was in the first quadrant of the waitlist)!! I will be declining my acceptance to UofA so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone else! Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone's transparency and willingness to help on this forum, it has been a lifesaver. With this being my third time applying and being waitlisted for the second time, I was beginning to loose hope but I'm glad my hard work payed off :) I wish the best of luck to everyone, please please feel free to message me for advice/help ❤️ 

Congratulations, that is so exciting! You deserve it! And thank you for letting me know--I will now be an anxious mess the rest of the week LOL. I really appreciate it :) 

1 hour ago, KSpeech said:

Quoting this quote to share that I've also received an offer from the waitlist for Western's SLP program and I recently accepted it! I was also told I was in the first quadrant. What an incredibly gruelling process, but I'm so relieved that the wait is finally over - I hope everyone is doing well during this waiting period!!!❤️  And of course if anyone has any questions, my dms are always open as well :) Also, if there's a chat for people who accepted their Western offer pls lmk!! I'd love to be a part of it and I'm excited meet everyone!

53 minutes ago, AnnaGrad said:

Quoting this quote to share that I've also received an offer from the waitlist for Western's SLP program and I recently accepted it! I was also told I was in the first quadrant. What an incredibly gruelling process, but I'm so relieved that the wait is finally over - I hope everyone is doing well during this waiting period!!!❤️  And of course if anyone has any questions, my dms are always open as well :) Also, if there's a chat for people who accepted their Western offer pls lmk!! I'd love to be a part of it and I'm excited meet everyone!

Congrats!! Did you ask what quadrant ahead of time? I almost don't want to know ? but I am getting kind of antsy just waiting! I wonder if they are doing calls in rounds or if they did all the calls for currently available spots today. I also wonder if the waitlist is based on grades alone, or if other factors also count towards your spot on the waitlist. Not sure if anyone has insight but that would be nice to know.

3 minutes ago, teachtospeech said:

Congrats!! Did you ask what quadrant ahead of time? I almost don't want to know ? but I am getting kind of antsy just waiting! I wonder if they are doing calls in rounds or if they did all the calls for currently available spots today. I also wonder if the waitlist is based on grades alone, or if other factors also count towards your spot on the waitlist. Not sure if anyone has insight but that would be nice to know.

Thanks!! :) Yeah I asked ahead of time - McMaster actually told me the exact number I am on the waitlist, and Western only told me the quadrant. I found out via email - Western didn't call me to give the offer. Knowing the quadrant just helped me gauge what to kind of expect and what the chances are of getting off the waitlist for the two unis so I could at least plan what to do with my courses a bit better! 

4 hours ago, KSpeech said:

Hey congratulations!!!

May I ask what time you got an email from Janet?

2 hours ago, AnnaGrad said:

So exciting, congrats! Wondering if those that received offers from the waitlist got a call or just an email? 

Congrats first peeps off the waitlist!

3 hours ago, teachtospeech said:

I'm pretty sure they just rank every applicant based on grades and all the other factors included in the application (volunteering, references, etc.) and you're placed in the waitlist according to your ranking rather than grades alone. I'd email Janet, if you are in the 3rd or 4th quadrant it's very unlikely you'll get a spot :(

1 hour ago, TaySLPApplicant said:

So exciting, congrats! Wondering if those that received offers from the waitlist got a call or just an email? 

I just got an email! Definitely be on the look out for an email from Janet!

Congrats to those accepted! For incoming Western SLP students, I am a current Western SLP student (heading into my second year) and I'm looking for 2-3 female roommates for the upcoming year. I live in a fully-furnished rented home in a residential neighbourhood within ~5-minute walk of clinic/classes. It's a super convenient location for the program. My biggest caveat is that there are no parking spots available, so best for those not planning to bring a vehicle. It is right by a bus stop. One room is available for leasing anytime and others will be available by July. Please send me a private message if you'd like more info. 

Also happy to answer questions about Western's SLP program! 

On 4/17/2022 at 9:33 PM, TaySLPApplicant said:

If anyone on Western's waitlist gets an offer this week please let us know! Sincerely, an impatient first quadrant-er  ?

Quoting myself to say I just received an offer of admission to Western, and I will be accepting! For reference, I was on the first quadrant of the waitlist. Thank you to everyone on this forum, it’s been such a help trying to navigate the craziness! And good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back! 

Hii! I just received an offer from western today and i will be accepting! For reference i was in the first quadrant of the waitlist. If there is a FB group for those that are attending western in the fall please let me know!! 

Good Luck to all who are still waiting, don't give up hope!!

1 hour ago, NSpeech said:

Hii! I just received an offer from western today and i will be accepting! For reference i was in the first quadrant of the waitlist. If there is a FB group for those that are attending western in the fall please let me know!! 

Good Luck to all who are still waiting, don't give up hope!!

Hi congratulations on your acceptance!! There's a fb group for the Western class here, come join us haha!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1331766310641852/