NSF GRFP 2021-2022

alexhunterlang

4 minutes ago, GH1D said:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for commiserating with me these couple of few weeks. I genuinely hope each of you get the fellowship!

Yes! and it would be cool if we stayed on here to address our comments by reviewers. It might suck if it's less than great feedback but we can give each other tips. 

30 minutes ago, IGenina said:

Should we expect the results to be out by 6AM tomorrow (Monday), or do they take a few more hours after the maintenance to release the results? 

According to past years data seems like it could really be like any time: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LaF7o1oBPHAbVkxuHtAH7MeGDs7qsc_xZoB-Kijn4II/edit?usp=sharing

From other comments here it seems like the emails with results get sent later.

I got VG/G, VG/VG, VG/VG, not recommended. I was praised in reviews but received some valid criticism mainly on intellectual merit. My proposal combined sex selection and molecular physiology in bats and they wanted to see more integration of evolutionary approaches to solidify my hypotheses. 

Honorable mention.

VG/E, G/E, VG/G

Reviewer 1 and 2 gushed about my broader impacts, but reviewer 3 said I didn't do enough and also misgendered me lmao 

1 and 3 praised my proposal, but Reviewer 2 gave me a good because my project was too "ambitious".

I hate this

Awarded: E/E/VG, E/E/E

I got an HM last time I applied, worked very hard this time around and it paid off! ? If you have a chance to reapply I definitely recommend trying again -- it's so unpredictable. If not, remember that this doesn't accurately reflect your ability as a researcher!!

Awarded!

VG/VG/E, E/E/VG

I am a mess of emotions right now but i want to say thank you to everyone here for helping me get through all my anxiety with the process! I believe everyone here is capable of doing great science, with or without the GRFP, and I look forward to seeing what y'all accomplish in the future : ) 

Holy shit, I got it! I never thought I would experience this!!! I’m a second year grad student and this was my second time applying for the GRFP.  In the past few years I’ve been rejected by every fellowship I’ve applied for and had many, many grad school and paper rejections and research struggles. It feels good to finally get it this time, but I was just in the shoes of everyone who didn’t get it and I know how it feels. I’m the same scientist who just got rejected from another fellowship last week, but somehow this particular application struck the right note with these particular reviewers. Remember you are worthy. Keep believing in the importance of your work and keep pushing! I’m proud of you.