NSF GRFP 2021-2022

alexhunterlang

I feel like over the weekend and through this morning, I went from feeling anxious to apathetic and am now just upset with the NSF for dragging this on so long. It really shouldn't be this difficult to stick to deadlines and keep the process on schedule and transparent. They've been doing this since the '50s; it's time to get it together. 

11 minutes ago, GH1D said:

I feel like over the weekend and through this morning, I went from feeling anxious to apathetic and am now just upset with the NSF for dragging this on so long. It really shouldn't be this difficult to stick to deadlines and keep the process on schedule and transparent. They've been doing this since the '50s; it's time to get it together. 

To be fair, the solicitation for this year said the awardees are estimated to be closer to 2500, so they might have more "potential" applications to choose from and that's making things take a little bit longer this year.

I dunno, from my perspective as an engineer, +/- 1 week is still pretty close to a deadline given the number of people and moving parts involved. I've definitely never had a project with a group of people work that tight personally. I'm willing to give them some grace even if it's a bit frustrating.

Edited by LaserFreak16

I feel like I have everything else in order besides this! I already know where I’m going, I’m going early to start research, I just need a place to live and to know if I’m getting external fellowship!!! Ugh. The wait continues.

#6pages

2 minutes ago, purplekangaroo said:

Anyone know if they’ve said early April in the past and then released results in March? Thinking that’s unlikely to be the case this year but would like to hold onto hope that maybe we could find out tomorrow ?

The problem is that it said early march up until today, so it's basically guaranteed that they need a bit more time. Whether this is a full week or just a few days, we don't know.

It's also curious that the 2021 list has still been taken down after it seemed to disappear last week. Also I imagine the ABSOLUTE worst case is April 8 as it was around then in 2019 and still gives students a chance to negotiate/consider before the April 15 deadline. 

#6pages

Edited by brutalairplane0

They've released on April 1 before (which I thought was risky re: April Fool's).
They have also said "April" before and released at the end of March.

8 minutes ago, t_ruth said:

They've released on April 1 before (which I thought was risky re: April Fool's).
They have also said "April" before and released at the end of March.

When have they said April and released in March? I just really hope they do it tonight and there are no tech mishaps lol

So, I decided to make a slightly updated version of the spreadsheet shared in last year's and the year before's threads. Each year is a link to the thread for that competition year.

254858403_Screenshot2022-03-28164739.png.f878aa3bd6d3d073aa723e40f5ede060.png

Everyone can take a look at the spreadsheet itself here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LaF7o1oBPHAbVkxuHtAH7MeGDs7qsc_xZoB-Kijn4II/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Amaranthae
clarification

1 hour ago, dynomite6711 said:

When have they said April and released in March? I just really hope they do it tonight and there are no tech mishaps lol

I am just really happy I found a group of people just as anxious as me about the results! (just trying to get to page 6). From the previously mentioned graph, I guess it might be out this Friday or next Tuesday. 

2 minutes ago, nuttynuttynut said:

anybody know if theyre actually awarding 2500 fellowships this year?

Yes, that’s what the NSF wrote in the solicitation.