NSF GRFP 2021-2022

alexhunterlang

1 hour ago, Hougu said:

Well, about that, they announced maintenance for Friday on the 16th:

03/16/22  -  FastLane will be unavailable from 8:00 PM ET Friday, March 18th, until 8:00 AM ET Saturday, March 19th. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edit: I got this from last year's thread, this might ruin some people's night but it might be released tonight or tomorrow morning.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 5.32.23 PM.png

Edit 2: False alarm, this seems to happen every week.

Ah, my apologies. I didn't know that Friday-Saturday maintenance was weekly. Checking FastLane's archives indeed shows that weekly maintenance occurs during those times. I guess there's really no good way to tell that results will come before they're actually meant to come. Let's hope for something good to happen on Monday, then.

7 minutes ago, Amaranthae said:

Ah, my apologies. I didn't know that Friday-Saturday maintenance was weekly. Checking FastLane's archives indeed shows that weekly maintenance occurs during those times. I guess there's really no good way to tell that results will come before they're actually meant to come. Let's hope for something good to happen on Monday, then.

Well, from what I have seen maintenance during the week does indicate that the results might come, they also show up on the GRFP portal a couple of hours before the maintenance, so that might be our signal. They haven't released any results on the weekend yet, so I really doubt anything is coming today.

2 hours ago, chemnerd101 said:

When do they usually announce maintenance to their site? I've never seen their site maintenance announcements before... so I want to be sure I don't miss it if they do decide to update in the week.

The exact day varies year to year, someone posted the table summarizing previous years. The announcement will look something like this on GRFP fastlane:

NSF GRFP 2016 - Page 18 - The Bank - The GradCafe ForumsAnd I think they usually post the results early in the morning before emails go out later in the morning. If you are not incessantly reloading the page, you could just follow this thread and I imagine someone will post here when the announcement goes up. 

Welp, maybe NSF caught on to our tactics and have figured out how to post results tomorrow without posting a maintenance update ?  Very wishful thinking but at this point i will hold on to that to prevent more anxiety lmao

17 minutes ago, nluss14 said:

Anyone else checking the website every hour for the last week even though you know the announcement comes on Tuesdays or Fridays? Just me?

I was until I started following this thread and now I get emails whenever someone posts here. I still check every few hours, but knowing I am getting emails (and will therefore see when someone posts that maintenance is happening or that results are up) has really reduced my stress/neuroticism.

10 minutes ago, rd446 said:

Apologies I have deleted my post. It was referring to a different NSF grant mechanism. I apologize for the heart attacks I may have induced in this stressful time.

HAHAHHAA omg you scared the crap out of me!! All good

14 minutes ago, AnotherComplainingGradStud said:

This might be me being way too anxious, BUT has anybody trying accessing hidden links? AKA if someone applied last year, and you try to copy/paste the results URL into your current application, does anything pop up ?

The release results/reviews through your FastLane account, reviews show up under Application Package Optional Task List -> View/Print Application Reviews. That option isn't live yet, and the Award List has 2022 at the top with nothing in the table. I tried to see if they had it sitting in the Excel link on the Awards page but it's just empty columns

39 minutes ago, drosophila_anon said:

Sucks to refresh the forum and not have any updates. There's gotta be something to do while we pass the time. How's everyone's day going?

Oh swell, just finished my undergraduate thesis! Now I am deciding between a nap or looking up more GRFP stats from previous years ?

7 minutes ago, dynomite6711 said:

Oh swell, just finished my undergraduate thesis! Now I am deciding between a nap or looking up more GRFP stats from previous years ?

Congratulations! Did you apply this season/Do you know where you're going yet?

Edited by drosophila_anon

18 minutes ago, drosophila_anon said:

Congratulations! Did you apply this season/Do you know where you're going yet?

I did! I am going to be studying invertebrate vision and neurobiology @ University of Tulsa next year! Small school but the PI was an awesome fit for me : ) Wbu? Also, other lurkers (lol) feel free to shout out ur research and such if it helps relieve anxiety : ) 

16 minutes ago, dynomite6711 said:

I did! I am going to be studying invertebrate vision and neurobiology @ University of Tulsa next year! Small school but the PI was an awesome fit for me : ) Wbu? Also, other lurkers (lol) feel free to shout out ur research and such if it helps relieve anxiety : ) 

Oh nice, I am in neuroscience too. 2nd year PhD student. I am not optimistic whatsoever about the GRFP, Offer or HM. I just got an Honorable Mention from the Ford Foundation, so my hopes for a GRFP HM are a little higher than 0%. I am going on spring vacation soon and I just want to get the results before then.

35 minutes ago, dynomite6711 said:

I did my undergrad at TU. The campus is great, and Tulsa is a nice city. Lots of fun local traditions/events throughout the year--off the top of my head I recommend the art crawl, oktoberfest, the farmer's market and tulsa tough! 

Sooooo based on my extensive trolling of past years’ threads, it sounds like there are two times we may get results 

1. Friday 3/25- released around 3 AM EST

2. Tuesday 3/28 released around around 3 AM

We will know on Thursday evening if they come out on Friday based on a maintenance message that typically appears the day / night before postings. If they aren’t released on Friday, then I think we can expect Tuesday morning. 

thoughts ?

1 hour ago, Ccbea said:

Sooooo based on my extensive trolling of past years’ threads, it sounds like there are two times we may get results 

1. Friday 3/25- released around 3 AM EST

2. Tuesday 3/28 released around around 3 AM

We will know on Thursday evening if they come out on Friday based on a maintenance message that typically appears the day / night before postings. If they aren’t released on Friday, then I think we can expect Tuesday morning. 

thoughts ?

Do you think the holiday on Friday (Cesar Chavez) will impact it?

Edited by RIP