NSF GRFP 2021-2022

alexhunterlang

15 minutes ago, yallknow said:

Hmm, looks like the award list for 2021 isn't active anymore.

Very strange. I wonder if this is part of some sort of testing that they run before website maintenance/posting results. 

4 hours ago, yallknow said:

Hmm, looks like the award list for 2021 isn't active anymore.

The Excel sheet is also blank for the year 2021.

4 hours ago, GH1D said:

Very strange. I wonder if this is part of some sort of testing that they run before website maintenance/posting results. 

I guess it would be safer to test any technical difficulties on an old set of awardees, but that's still really weird.

5 hours ago, differentfrommyredditname said:

Quick question for everyone that's applied before how did the feedback help your application this year? Also, anyone else in the social sciences category ??

Last cycle I applied (life sciences), one of my reviewers said I needed to better integrate my broader impacts across both documents because my previous submission had two essentially independent broader impacts sections. This cycle, the sections are much more complementary and cohesive. We’ll see what “reviewer 3” thinks this year ?

1 hour ago, dynomite6711 said:

Y’all ?

Edit: this was found on the advisories page for NSF, not on fastlane41A4F842-DDEB-4123-BF3D-B4588FC09446.jpeg

The maintenance windows were never this short... yeah? Shortest I've seen thus far is 2 hours, but maybe they worked something out?

1 hour ago, struggleknot said:

The maintenance windows were never this short... yeah? Shortest I've seen thus far is 2 hours, but maybe they worked something out?

Yeah, I'm also not convinced this is it. From what I saw in prior years' threads, usually the maintenance notification for the results is on the GRFP login page and explicitly says that GRFP is down. We figured out that the bottom notification is just weekly maintenance, but I doubt that the top notification is significant.

Starting to suspect next Tuesday is the day, tbh. 

Just now, davidtorres said:

Just want to confirm that everyone will be notified of results, whether or not they received the award?

Correct. Everyone should receive an email containing their result, regardless of whether they received an award, honorable mention, or nothing.

21 hours ago, differentfrommyredditname said:

Quick question for everyone that's applied before how did the feedback help your application this year? Also, anyone else in the social sciences category ??

@differentfrommyredditname My feedback was almost completely useless. Got high marks from first two reviewers with very minimal comments, third reviewer left praising comments but poor scores... I still ended up making a ton of changes but had very little guidance to go off of :(

Looking forward to hearing back as well, but I feel like the results are going to come out early next week, especially if we're going by what has happened in previous years - would be open to being surprised tomorrow though 0:)

In the case that nothing is posted within the next 24 hours or so, we can survive another few days if we've already survived 5 months - best of luck everyone!

Edited by happyhalogen17