2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

2 hours ago, strawberryshortcakes said:

just received an interview invite from NC State. their interviews are the last week of february which seems kinda late to me considering other programs are already sending offers of admission. is anyone else feeling this way?

I got an interview invite for another program that will be in March ?

Anyone else feel like this entire application progress has caused them to shift their priorities and program preferences? I started out with certain programs landing at the top of my pile of schools, and now I realize after going through interviews and having to reflect on my goals and interests, that some programs I thought were a good fit, are not a strong match at all.   

1 hour ago, psych11 said:

Anyone attend the Lewis and Clark College interview yesterday? Any insights?

They were 7 rounds of group interviews, 18 minutes each. 4 rooms are with faculty asking one standard school psych question each while the other 3 rooms informal Q&As with current students. I was in a room with 2 other applicants. Good luck!!

Got an admit for the Ph.D program at Mississippi State University today. Very excited about this. I still have three other interviews, and one is all the way out in end of February. But now that I have one admit I feel like I can breathe a little bit. 

12 hours ago, MS0284 said:

For Temple applicants-- I hadn't heard back and I know interviews have passed. This morning I got an email from them and I'm not sure what to make of it...

"Your application has been reviewed by the faculty admissions committee of your intended academic program. Additional information will be sent to you by mail shortly. Please note that we are unable to provide decision updates by phone or email"

i’m not sure… i received a similar email last week but it said my admission decision was available on TUportal and that i’d receive additional info in the mail

On 1/27/2022 at 9:33 AM, strawberryshortcakes said:

Has anyone heard anything about offers from Mizzou? 

Any updates? I saw one person posted an acceptance on the admissions results thread, but I haven't heard/seen anything else.

Same with Loyola Chicago PhD...anyone heard anything?

19 minutes ago, Grad_Student8 said:

Any updates? I saw one person posted an acceptance on the admissions results thread, but I haven't heard/seen anything else.

i haven’t heard anything from mizzou. i know they said they expected to send offers the first week of february so i’m hoping we should get more information any day now 

Hi friends!

I've been lurking for awhile now, figured it's time to join in. 

I've applied to:

University of Minnesota TC Ph.D. - rejection came in this week

University of Nebraska Lincoln Ph.D. - rejected a couple weeks ago

University of Northern Colorado Ph.D. - interviewing on 2/28

Minnesota State University Mankato PsyD 

University of South Dakota Ph.D.

I'm curious if there's anyone else here that applied to USD or Mankato? USD's priority deadline was this week, but the final deadline isn't until later in the spring. I'm a little nervous as to how that plays into their admissions process. 

2 hours ago, Grad_Student8 said:

I still have not heard anything from loyola! so weird because they told us two weeks or the end of January. 

I’ve applied to Texas Woman’s University, Abilene Christian University, and Texas A&M Commerce (all SSP programs). So far I’ve only heard from ACU and it was an acceptance in early January. TWU is my top choice, so if anyone has heard from them please let me know! It’s been exactly 4 weeks since the deadline, so I’m definitely getting anxious. 

33 minutes ago, schoolpsychapp said:

No I am also waiting to hear back

Okay good to know! It’s one of my top choices and I’m getting antsy lol 

did they ever mention how long it generally takes for them to send out interview invites ? I’m assuming it should be soon since interviews are about 3 weeks away? 

Edited by Ci-ci