NSERC PGS D 2022-2023

MarleyBarley

On 3/9/2022 at 6:15 PM, UbbyDubby said:

Seems some committees have already adjourned. Maybe we'll get results sooner than later?

This will be my committee, interesting to know that they're already finished. That said, I don't expect to see results a day before April 25th (28 weeks after October 17th, assuming they post all results around the same time).

Also, his follow-up tweet is worth reading for the ~60% of us who won't receive anything:

Edited by timeforschool

That makes sense I guess april 25th. Its starting to live rent-free in my head and im trying not to let it though! 

I wonder why are doctoral applications the longest compared to cgs m and pdf. well i guess less pdf applicants and the load of reviewing cgs m apps are spread throughout the universities... 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:43 AM, fantastic_elbow said:

Yes, I know the nserc portal won't give me the results but I saw that it's been modified March 24th, and I've been overthinking it since then. ?

I checked mine and it says the same... modified on March 24

On 4/1/2022 at 11:35 AM, ParisMashouri said:

Has anyone received any emails from nserc since submission of your application? Last year they sent me a link to login on a portal to see my results but I haven't received that this year. Anyone else?

The only thing on my extranet are the result last year. I haven't gotten an email yet either. Just sitting here waiting haha

1 hour ago, WannaBeSwede said:

Last week my department said that nserc would be out tomorrow and they set the deadline for an application for those who don't get nserc for the 13th. So, maybe 70% confidence we should know reasonably shortly. I hope.  

Fingers crossed! Do you mind sharing which school?

5 hours ago, dnd_not_dna said:

Hello fellow Bio PhD in Ottawa! 

Also, WannaBeSwede do you mean when universities are informed or when we will know? I'm pretty sure there's a delay there. Some professors would know early last year (if their departments told them) but that doesn't mean official results are out.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:39 AM, dnd_not_dna said:

It was UofT and one of the Biology departments. They always put the OGS application deadline for one day after the NSERC announcement (fewer applications to read through that way). That said, we got an email this morning saying that nserc applicants were getting an extension to the end of the month which is unusual. Back to aimlessly waiting I guess. 

The joys of confidence values haha

Edited by WannaBeSwede

Also second time applying, but first time being accepted to national competition. Counting the days too :’) Last year, I received an OGS and heard by the first week of April - does anyone know if you still receive an offer from OGS or QEII if you also applied to NSERC (if successful)?

9 hours ago, breadhead said:

Also second time applying, but first time being accepted to national competition. Counting the days too :’) Last year, I received an OGS and heard by the first week of April - does anyone know if you still receive an offer from OGS or QEII if you also applied to NSERC (if successful)?

Hey! I think the federal and provincial competitions are separate, so it's possible to get offers from both (but not to hold both). I got lucky with NSERC CGS-M last year and was still offered OGS a couple weeks later as a sort of a formality even though the department knew I couldn't accept it. I guess it also depends on the school/department and how carefully they keep track of who's accepted what award. 

Fingers crossed for all of us! Only two weeks of possible waiting left :') 

3 hours ago, nervousbiochemist said:

Hey! I think the federal and provincial competitions are separate, so it's possible to get offers from both (but not to hold both). I got lucky with NSERC CGS-M last year and was still offered OGS a couple weeks later as a sort of a formality even though the department knew I couldn't accept it. I guess it also depends on the school/department and how carefully they keep track of who's accepted what award. 

Fingers crossed for all of us! Only two weeks of possible waiting left :') 

Can confirm this as well! Carleton announced the OGS results on March 31st so I know I got it this year (which is great). Since you only have 2 weeks to accept or decline (at Carleton anyway), they say to accept it first and then you can turn it down at the end of the month if you get NSERC. 

You can't hold more than 1 of OGS, NSERC, or QE at a time. And you can't even apply for QE in the same year you still hold OGS (even if it would end by the time you got QE money) which is stupid. 

4 hours ago, MarleyBarley said:

I emailed NSERC last week and they told me results will only be out on 26th. T_T 

Sounds like same time they posted last year. I expect they release log in details by the end of this week and then the results early next week. Good luck every one, they wait is almost over!

Did NSERC already send out info regarding extranet? I didn't receive any yet. 

Also, i guess department / supervisors will probably know before the 26th (earlier than us) ? I don't wanna disappoint mine for the 2nd time round ...

Edited by MarleyBarley