NSERC PGS D 2022-2023

MarleyBarley

This is my first year applying for the PGS-D! I have a quick question though––does anyone know what your chances are like once your application gets sent to the national competition? I'm at U of T, if that matters?

On 11/11/2021 at 4:03 PM, emjaysea said:

This is my first year applying for the PGS-D! I have a quick question though––does anyone know what your chances are like once your application gets sent to the national competition? I'm at U of T, if that matters?

Depending on your field you have around a 40-45 % chance of getting an award if you get sent threw to nationals. That is assuming you have a decent application

On 11/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, Greg F said:

Depending on your field you have around a 40-45 % chance of getting an award if you get sent threw to nationals. That is assuming you have a decent application

Last year, depending on committee number, it was like 36-41%, it was pretty brutal. Have no idea what it'll be like this year. 

On 11/22/2021 at 10:36 PM, sammygtee said:

Where did you find that stat! Why was it less than normal? 

I presume higher application numbers from Covid (PDF and Banting both had higher application numbers the last 2 years) and maybe less funding but that's speculation, the stats aren't out yet I don't believe. That was just from seeing people in the forums here and my own experience, I was 41.8% for committee 202 and got waitlisted. 

• 1 month later...

When do we start getting updates on committees meeting and the status of our applications once they've been forwarded to the national competition? Or is this just part of the "big wait" before the "big panic" in April? This was my first time applying for PGS/CGS-D

On 1/7/2022 at 3:37 PM, UbbyDubby said:

When do we start getting updates on committees meeting and the status of our applications once they've been forwarded to the national competition? Or is this just part of the "big wait" before the "big panic" in April? This was my first time applying for PGS/CGS-D

You don't hear anything once your application has been forwarded to the national competition until April when the final results are released. 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, jennakinskywalker said:

I know it's not April yet (and who know when in April we'll hear) but hope everyone isn't too stressed waiting!

Seems some committees have already adjourned. Maybe we'll get results sooner than later?

On 3/9/2022 at 6:15 PM, UbbyDubby said:

Seems some committees have already adjourned. Maybe we'll get results sooner than later?

Oh wow! Hopefully it's on time this year then. I feel like last year we were waiting for weeks after they were supposed to let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I got an update from 1st school March 16th and then an update from 2nd school March 24th... This doesn't seem good right? It looks likes 1st school rejected my proposal March 16th, and then 2nd school reflected for 8 days when they received my proposal and then rejected it... Anyone has had this experience in the past and can tell me about the outcome? Thanks!

17 hours ago, LiliK said:

Hey everyone, I got an update from 1st school March 16th and then an update from 2nd school March 24th... This doesn't seem good right? It looks likes 1st school rejected my proposal March 16th, and then 2nd school reflected for 8 days when they received my proposal and then rejected it... Anyone has had this experience in the past and can tell me about the outcome? Thanks!

I think you might be talking about CGS-M? CGS/PGS-D  is not school-dependent... 

19 hours ago, Silylily said:

Me!

Actually I am under huge pressure and depressed. Waiting for NSERC result to see if I should continue or quit... 

Aww.. doing a phd is stressful for many i guess (including me).❤️ Hope it works out for you either way! 

Thank you for all the kind replies.. I am A motherbof 7 yo and now find myself transferinf pressure to my little one. I am trying to adjust myself. and if it doesnt work out, I will think about quitting.....

Anyone noticed that it showed the result would be released in' the early of April' on NSERC website but then changed back to 'April'?

20 hours ago, Silylily said:

Thank you for all the kind replies.. I am A motherbof 7 yo and now find myself transferinf pressure to my little one. I am trying to adjust myself. and if it doesnt work out, I will think about quitting.....

Anyone noticed that it showed the result would be released in' the early of April' on NSERC website but then changed back to 'April'?

Can you link to where you saw this?