NSERC PGS D 2022-2023

MarleyBarley

2 minutes ago, nerd_inthecorner said:

So it doesn't come out for everyone all at once? 

The department knows in advance so sometimes the PIs also know in advance, as far as I'm aware no one has received login info to see their results yet! Yesterday the login info for SSHRC was sent out around 5/6pm EDT so I think ours could come around the same time. 

how are you mentally preparing yourselves for the outcome? 

its hard not to have any expectations when a lot of effort went into prepping the application. 

but also i keep telling myself im up against a lot of talented people so have to be realistic... 

I don't expect to get it. It's my first year applying. I don't think I'm anywhere near the metrics I've seen are necessary.

So if I don't, I'm hopeful I'll get some understanding of where I rank or where my weak points are and can reapply next year.

10 minutes ago, nerd_inthecorner said:

I don't expect to get it. It's my first year applying. I don't think I'm anywhere near the metrics I've seen are necessary.

So if I don't, I'm hopeful I'll get some understanding of where I rank or where my weak points are and can reapply next year.

Don't loose hope. It all depends on the application and LORs.

56 minutes ago, breadhead said:

I feel like I’m just going to have this thread open all day as a survival strategy ? 

That's what I'm doing! At least my exams are finished so I can just run simulations and hit 'refresh' over and over again.

This is the answer I got from them: The results will be uploaded after 5 pm this evening. You will get a notification regardless of being offered or not awarded. You will receive an email with instructions on how to get access to your result.

So, relax for now, go do ur work and keep an eye on your email after 5 pm. Best of luck to you all!

3 minutes ago, D_ali said:

This is the answer I got from them: The results will be uploaded after 5 pm this evening. You will get a notification regardless of being offered or not awarded. You will receive an email with instructions on how to get access to your result.

So, relax for now, go do ur work and keep an eye on your email after 5 pm. Best of luck to you all!

5PM EST? Heh it doesn't really matter, but I have to schedule my stress today. 

Fingers crossed for everyone! The wait is killing me. I've been following the thread for a while but just made an account today to participate in the madness at 5-6pm. I don't know how I'm going to get any work done