2022 Fall Application: Chat, Share and Support One Another

CinnamonCream

1 hour ago, MadnessPink said:

Has anyone heard from Berkeley? I saw some responses from the result but I don't know whether they are fake or not.

Those 3 offers posted got me defeated. I'm calling it. No Berkeley for me.

7 minutes ago, wzzzzzz said:

Those 3 offers posted got me defeated. I'm calling it. No Berkeley for me.

Well I thought results would be sent simultaneously instead of continuing from time to time...Good luck to you anyways, there are still some hope till the end. Berkeley is my highest reach so I don't expect much from them, I am just bothered by the long time waiting.

3 minutes ago, MadnessPink said:

Well I thought results would be sent simultaneously instead of continuing from time to time...Good luck to you anyways, there are still some hope till the end. Berkeley is my highest reach so I don't expect much from them, I am just bothered by the long time waiting.

Same, Berkeley is a far, far reach for me, and I'm lucky enough to get accepted somewhere already. The wait is killing me tho, I just want to be done with the chapter of me checking my email and the result page 1000 times each daily. Good luck to you too, can congrats to whoever posted the offers! 

2 minutes ago, Chen2022 said:

Any update from UW ( Seattle )? I have not hear from them since I submitted my application. Should I call them to check my status?

They definitely have already sent out all acceptances. I was accepted and have already gotten official admit and funding offer. They also have asked us to already RSVP for virtual visit day. Sorry ?

1 minute ago, awesome3141 said:

They definitely have already sent out all acceptances. I was accepted and have already gotten official admit and funding offer. They also have asked us to already RSVP for virtual visit day. Sorry ?

Congratulation!! Because they email me early December to told me I forgot to submit the application after I pay the fee, Then they told me to resubmitted the application. I am not sure whether they just skipped my file. (LOL)

5 minutes ago, Chen2022 said:

Congratulation!! Because they email me early December to told me I forgot to submit the application after I pay the fee, Then they told me to resubmitted the application. I am not sure whether they just skipped my file. (LOL)

Oh no! That's unfortunate. Good luck wherever else you applied!

Hi everyone, hoping I can get some answers here

I had my interview with Penn State 2 weeks ago. It went really well and my POI emailed me a few days after saying they were nominating me for acceptance (yay!). I didn't hear from the program or the university until today when they sent out an invitation for a virtual recruitment event.

I'm not sure how to approach the event. There was no mention of interviews, but they did say we have the opportunity to meet with faculty 1:1. Thinking of reaching out to faculty I haven't already spoken to, so I can get to know other professors. How much preparation should I put into this? Is this event them trying to get me to go to the school or am I still trying to convince them to offer me admission?

1 minute ago, islandpoppy said:

Hi everyone, hoping I can get some answers here

I had my interview with Penn State 2 weeks ago. It went really well and my POI emailed me a few days after saying they were nominating me for acceptance (yay!). I didn't hear from the program or the university until today when they sent out an invitation for a virtual recruitment event.

I'm not sure how to approach the event. There was no mention of interviews, but they did say we have the opportunity to meet with faculty 1:1. Thinking of reaching out to faculty I haven't already spoken to, so I can get to know other professors. How much preparation should I put into this? Is this event them trying to get me to go to the school or am I still trying to convince them to offer me admission?

That's intriguing. I got accepted to Penn State but didn't get the invitation you're talking about today. I had a phone conversation with faculty member on Tuesday and they told me official acceptances, funding offers and information on visit event (which will be in-person) wouldn't be going out for a couple weeks. 

13 minutes ago, awesome3141 said:

That's intriguing. I got accepted to Penn State but didn't get the invitation you're talking about today. I had a phone conversation with faculty member on Tuesday and they told me official acceptances, funding offers and information on visit event (which will be in-person) wouldn't be going out for a couple weeks. 

Thanks for replying so soon! I also just realized I posted this on the Sociology forum, so sorry about that and thanks for sharing your exp with Penn State

3 hours ago, Oceanisblue said:

Hi everyone. Thanks for gathering here and sharing the discussion.  

Anyone has idea or heard back from Cornell? I am a bit nervous about my pending coz I couldn't login to the activity page and my IELTS is still pending......

After submitting the materials, is it normal that you will only get one confirmation email asking you to wait 7-10 days? or any following email ?

hi there! i, too, applied to cornell, and i haven't heard anything back. though, i am still able to login to my activity page to see my application and application checklist and the like. if you're worried, email the department to ask and make sure they received all of your materials!

11 hours ago, imtiredlmao said:

hi there! i, too, applied to cornell, and i haven't heard anything back. though, i am still able to login to my activity page to see my application and application checklist and the like. if you're worried, email the department to ask and make sure they received all of your materials!

I believe Cornell is reviewing applications weekly.

17 hours ago, Chen2022 said:

This is what they told me: 

Hi, ____\.  We have sent out our initial set of invitations and, unfortunately, our admissions committee did not include you in that set.  However, there is a chance that we'll dip back into the pool of candidates for another set of invites.  Please feel free to reach out again as things progress.

Best wishes.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:05 PM, wzzzzzz said:

Same, Berkeley is a far, far reach for me, and I'm lucky enough to get accepted somewhere already. The wait is killing me tho, I just want to be done with the chapter of me checking my email and the result page 1000 times each daily. Good luck to you too, can congrats to whoever posted the offers! 

OK, I was just rejected by Berkeley, totally fine. Still waiting for Michigan, since other PhDs that I applied to are not that fit for my research topics, otherwise I'll probably go to regional studies or quantitative methodology masters. 

13 minutes ago, MadnessPink said:

OK, I was just rejected by Berkeley, totally fine. Still waiting for Michigan, since other PhDs that I applied to are not that fit for my research topics, otherwise I'll probably go to regional studies or quantitative methodology masters. 

What are your areas of interest?

15 minutes ago, awesome3141 said:

What are your areas of interest?

Org, Economic sociology and government. If I end up doing a master I might switch my career to poli sci or management. So I'm all good for any results from those sociology PhD programs, since a master can give me more time to think my career path.

Only three schools left that I haven’t heard from regarding interviews, acceptances, or rejections. Starting to finally feel like I can relax, phew?