PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

2 hours ago, bayou_cat said:

Did anyone else receive a welcome letter from BUSPH?

I did not interview and it has been radio silence, but I received an email today that said

Welcome Bayou_Cat,   

At BUSPH, you are joining a community filled with the next generation of public health leaders.

It goes on to mention the benefits of being a BU graduate student, and ends with

We look forward to meeting you on our BUSPH campus.

What is this, y’all? 

Yup, received one as well. It's very frustrating and unprofessional from their end sending such emails... 

On 1/27/2023 at 8:06 PM, bmore_epi said:

did anyone ever hear from Brown BSHS? i didn't get an interview invite so I am assuming rejection but they haven't said a single thing. not even a "hey we got your app" when I submitted in Nov. 

Nothing here either! I wonder if that means we're in the waitlist spectrum? *shrugs* just hoping we all get some definitive responses in the next month or so! 

On 1/27/2023 at 3:29 PM, kgarciar said:

Hey! Looks like they are contacting people this week for interviews. I just got an interview scheduled for JHU MH for next week. They called it a “chat” so I am wondering if it will be 1:1 or if more people will be involved.

Wishing you all the luck! 

i receive a similar invite to chat from tulane who previously ~specifically~ said they don't interview for admissions. i wonder what the difference of using the terms "chat" vs "interview" is!

13 minutes ago, spiralingepi said:

i receive a similar invite to chat from tulane who previously ~specifically~ said they don't interview for admissions. i wonder what the difference of using the terms "chat" vs "interview" is!

Maybe it is to help us feel less anxious ??‍♀️ 

They gave me a time frame of 30 minutes for the interview…so I am confused how to feel. Anxious nonetheless ? 

2 hours ago, spiralingepi said:

Heyy which program did you apply to at Tulane and when did they send the invite to chat email? I applied there and did not receive any communication from them.

9 minutes ago, bmore_epi said:

Congrats!!! Which program? 

Not many people seem to have applied to this program(They seem to accept only 1-2 applicants every year) so specifically mentioning it may easily reveal who I am and I try to refrain from that, sorry.

But the school is GW, and the program is neither Epi nor SBS, I can tell you that

1 minute ago, Myyday said:

Not many people seem to have applied to this program(They seem to accept only 1-2 applicants every year) so specifically mentioning it may easily reveal who I am and I try to refrain from that, sorry.

But the school is GW, and the program is neither Epi nor SBS, I can tell you that

No worries! And thanks for sharing!

On 1/26/2023 at 11:10 AM, MedicinesAreExpensive said:

I have now had three interviews for DrPH programs and the questions are consistent. Why a DrPH? Why our school? Why now? This does seem to be a very competitive year with one school sharing that about 8% of applicants will be accepted. Good luck everyone with the interviews and stay strong/motivated in this final stretch! 

Do you mind sharing which schools you have had DrPH interviews with?

Edited by DSB

Did anyone apply to University of Utah?

I applied to the PhD Clinical and Translational Epidemiology under population health. I got an email today that they are done with their review and they are currently trying to match me with a faculty member who is available to take a new student and provide financial funding. They told me to expect additional details within the next few weeks.

15 hours ago, nc2 said:

Nobody has had a DrPH interview invite for Hopkins yet? 

Hopkins does not usually conduct interviews for their DrPH program as per their website. an interview invite does not mean anything from what the admissions told during the DrPH open house.

2 hours ago, AnxiousKronk said:

Hopkins does not usually conduct interviews for their DrPH program as per their website. an interview invite does not mean anything from what the admissions told during the DrPH open house.

17 hours ago, nc2 said:

Nobody has had a DrPH interview invite for Hopkins yet? 

In previous years it looks like notice of admission has went out around March 1.

2 hours ago, AnxiousKronk said:

Yeah, I just noticed in a few threads from earlier cycles that individuals had posted about getting interview invites.