Counselling Psychology Canadian Application Forum Fall 2023

stillpsych

1 hour ago, sarai510 said:

I also haven't heard anything yet. Have they sent out rejections yet? Or just acceptances? 

They have definitely sent out rejections! I was rejected like two weeks ago and I've seen others on this forum saying they were too. It could be a good sign that you haven't heard yet!

1 hour ago, bebeyoda22 said:

They have definitely sent out rejections! I was rejected like two weeks ago and I've seen others on this forum saying they were too. It could be a good sign that you haven't heard yet!

Okay, thank you so much! :) 

1 hour ago, bebeyoda22 said:

Are you talking about the OISE MEd counselling program? I don’t know how to go back to see the chain of posts haha

So is OISE going to wait until end of April-May to give everyone results like last year and the year prior? At this point I'm assuming a rejection but I don't understand the process of sending a few acceptances last week and then radio silence. I'd just like an answer so I can move on with planning my life hahaha 🥲

i just got waitlisted for OISE counselling and psycgotherapy program. I don't know how much longer I get to wait to get a final decision and anyone knows what are the chances of getting in after being wait listed? 🥲

Hello all, just got an acceptance today into Laurier's MA Theology and Psychotherapy program. I still have other applications pending and will do more research but I am curious in case anybody is in the same scenario as me: Does this program qualify you to become a CCC upon graduation? I would like to know because this is my ultimate goal with pursuing Counselling grad school. Thank you in advance and best of luck to you all.

2 hours ago, Lilyqqq said:

i just got waitlisted for OISE counselling and psycgotherapy program. I don't know how much longer I get to wait to get a final decision and anyone knows what are the chances of getting in after being wait listed? 🥲

Hi, if you don't mind me asking did you get notified via email?

7 minutes ago, Aspiringpsychotherapist said:

Hi, if you don't mind me asking did you get notified via email?

yes they sent me an email providing an update that they have sent out the first round of offer, and if someone declined the offer (which I doubt😪) they will send out another round of offer. I think that’s considered as waitlisted? 

6 minutes ago, Lilyqqq said:

yes they sent me an email providing an update that they have sent out the first round of offer, and if someone declined the offer (which I doubt😪) they will send out another round of offer. I think that’s considered as waitlisted? 

Oh interesting! So it sounds like they have sent out the acceptances and are waiting on some responses before they send out a second round of offers? Did they email you this in response to a question you asked them or was this an unsolicited email?

20 minutes ago, rexandmatcha said:

Oh interesting! So it sounds like they have sent out the acceptances and are waiting on some responses before they send out a second round of offers? Did they email you this in response to a question you asked them or was this an unsolicited email?

No I didn’t send them emails, they just sent me this yesterday! Was wondering if anyone’s got the same? 

they also ask if I’d consider the global mental health program if I fail to get into the counselling and psychotherapy program! 

6 minutes ago, Lilyqqq said:

No I didn’t send them emails, they just sent me this yesterday! Was wondering if anyone’s got the same? 

they also ask if I’d consider the global mental health program if I fail to get into the counselling and psychotherapy program! 

I didn’t receive any emails yet. Wow that’s difficult. What are your thoughts on the global mental health program?

Just now, rexandmatcha said:

I didn’t receive any emails yet. Wow that’s difficult. What are your thoughts on the global mental health program?

I’m not too inclined to apply to that program tbh, the practicum has to be outside of Canada (which I don’t mind), but doesn’t get you registered to the CRPO or CCCA. That’s my main concern because I want to be working as a licensed therapist in Ontario (preferably) in the future! 

But it’s nice they offered the option! I feel like they want more people in the global mental health program…

1 hour ago, Lilyqqq said:

Ahh thank you for letting me know-- I hope we all hear back soon. I'd personally consider the global mental health program for sure

2 hours ago, sunshinescout said:

Wow! I had no idea they sent out rejections for the MEd at OISE, I haven't heard back, so thank you for letting us know they are sending out rejections and not just holding on to all of the rejections.

sorry I can't find the original thread. Is this about the MEd counselling psychology at OISE?

21 hours ago, marketgardener said:

Hello all, just got an acceptance today into Laurier's MA Theology and Psychotherapy program. I still have other applications pending and will do more research but I am curious in case anybody is in the same scenario as me: Does this program qualify you to become a CCC upon graduation? I would like to know because this is my ultimate goal with pursuing Counselling grad school. Thank you in advance and best of luck to you all.

Congrats! I had to look this up through the CCPA website and it looks like it's one of the recognized programs. 

https://www.ccpa-accp.ca/membership/students/graduate-programs/canadian-graduate-programs/

Hi all - for those of you who will be going to the OISE MEd Counselling & PSychotherapy program: firstly,  Congratulations!!  I was thinking of creating a whatsapp group for our 2023-2025 cohort. If you would like to be in this group, please feel free to message me with your number so I can add you! 

44 minutes ago, rexandmatcha said:

I’m considering emailing OISE admissions and asking them when we should expect to hear about the status of our application … the wait is so painful! What do you all think? 

Let us know what they say if you email them! :) 

2 hours ago, sarai510 said:

Let us know what they say if you email them! :) 

I think I will wait till the end of the week before I reach out to them. I will keep you all updated! 

On their official website it says "If you submit a complete application by November 15, you will receive your official results by April. https://www.oise.utoronto.ca/registrar-students/admissions