Counselling Psychology Canadian Application Forum Fall 2023

stillpsych

58 minutes ago, alinal15 said:

I got an email from UofT this morning saying there was an update to my application but nothing has changed on the application portal or on ACORN. Does anyone know if this means anything?

How do you have access to ACORN? Are you currently a UofT student or did you get access while creating the application? I don’t have access to ACORN and I am worried that I missed something. I was under the impression ACORN is for current student and staff.

3 minutes ago, rexandmatcha said:

How do you have access to ACORN? Are you currently a UofT student or did you get access while creating the application? I don’t have access to ACORN and I am worried that I missed something. I was under the impression ACORN is for current student and staff.

I am not a UofT student and I was able to set up an ACORN account. I somehow missed the email to set it up when it came through, but searched ACORN in my email and it came up. It also gave me my JoinID username which I believe I had to enable using the instructions. Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, alinal15 said:

I got an email from UofT this morning saying there was an update to my application but nothing has changed on the application portal or on ACORN. Does anyone know if this means anything?

Same here, except I don't have an ACORN account and never received a JOINid. I keep logging in and out of the application portal but nothing has changed!

1 hour ago, jrdk said:

Same here, except I don't have an ACORN account and never received a JOINid. I keep logging in and out of the application portal but nothing has changed!

I ended up re-checking my inbox for emails from SGS and found the info I needed to enable the account. I'd be surprised if not everyone had access! 🙂

29 minutes ago, rexandmatcha said:

Has anyone else heard from OISE’s MEd Counselling Psychology? I haven’t received an email and my status still says “submitted”. 

Mine still says submitted too. I wonder if they're still sending out acceptances or not

For SFU applicants, I just received the interview invitation today. Here's the information I got - 45 minutes group interview with two or three other shortlisted applicants and 15 minutes mock counselling interview (maybe video recording?). I'm scheduled on April 14. The invitation should be coming into your inbox this week or next week if you get shortlisted!

Also, does anyone know what they are gonna ask in the interview and mind share a bit? Hope you all get good news!!

2 hours ago, rexandmatcha said:

Has anyone else heard from OISE’s MEd Counselling Psychology? I haven’t received an email and my status still says “submitted”. 

Mine also still says "submitted" and I haven't received any emails.

Just got the email from Trina that I’ve been shortlisted for an MEd interview at SFU — I’ll be declining the offer since I got into Ottawa, so whoever’s next on the list will probably hear something soon! 

Assuming my OISE hopes are dashed — Acorn doesn’t tell you if you’ve been waitlisted or rejected, right? I’m going to have to wait for an official email for that?

25 minutes ago, counsellingapplicant23 said:

Just got the email from Trina that I’ve been shortlisted for an MEd interview at SFU — I’ll be declining the offer since I got into Ottawa, so whoever’s next on the list will probably hear something soon! 

Assuming my OISE hopes are dashed — Acorn doesn’t tell you if you’ve been waitlisted or rejected, right? I’m going to have to wait for an official email for that?

Congrats on your acceptance and interview!! What time did you receive the email from Trina? I’m curious if invites are still rolling out :)

Also- someone posted on Reddit that they phone the OISE admin office and they said they have no order of when they send out acceptances, waitlists, and rejections. Apparently they are rolling them all out and it could be another couple weeks to a couple months before we hear from them. In sum, if you have your dreams set on OISE, I wouldn’t count them out just yet. 

6 minutes ago, Lmwstudent said:

Congrats on your acceptance and interview!! What time did you receive the email from Trina? I’m curious if invites are still rolling out :)

Also- someone posted on Reddit that they phone the OISE admin office and they said they have no order of when they send out acceptances, waitlists, and rejections. Apparently they are rolling them all out and it could be another couple weeks to a couple months before we hear from them. In sum, if you have your dreams set on OISE, I wouldn’t count them out just yet. 

Thanks! I got the email close to 7pm. 

I saw that Reddit post, but all the posts from folks saying they’ve been accepted is truly stressing me out 😥 Thank you for the kind and positive words though, and good luck!!!

On 3/27/2023 at 8:11 AM, DocMcflufffin said:

Just got my acceptance into the Laurier MA in Theology & Psychotherapy! This feels so surreal! Congrats to everyone who has been getting their acceptance emails! 

I also just got in today! Congrats and good luck to everyone!

On 3/28/2023 at 5:20 AM, fjiang said:

For SFU applicants, I just received the interview invitation today. Here's the information I got - 45 minutes group interview with two or three other shortlisted applicants and 15 minutes mock counselling interview (maybe video recording?). I'm scheduled on April 14. The invitation should be coming into your inbox this week or next week if you get shortlisted!

Also, does anyone know what they are gonna ask in the interview and mind share a bit? Hope you all get good news!!

Hey! Congratulations on getting shortlisted!! Do you have any idea if the invites are still rolling out?