Counselling Psychology Canadian Application Forum Fall 2023

stillpsych

I received an email at 10:56 this morning from McMaster. I got in! This is so surreal. I've been working towards this dream for years. I received two rejections over the last two weeks and was starting to think that it may not be my year for grad school. Wishing anyone who hasn't received an email just yet the best of luck, and to hold on! 

8 hours ago, ManukaHoney said:

i just checked my mcmaster portal and there was a status update. 

I got in the msc psychotherapy program! feels so unreal 

This is incredible! Congratulations! I also received an offer to the MSc Psychotherapy program today! Would love to get in touch since our class size is so small! :) 

Just now, clinicalpsych19 said:

This is incredible! Congratulations! I also received an offer to the MSc Psychotherapy program today! Would love to get in touch since our class size is so small! :) 

Thanks so much and convrats as well!! Yes im going to create a whatsapp group. Can u message me and send me ur number? 

7 hours ago, uncrnpwr said:

I received an email at 10:56 this morning from McMaster. I got in! This is so surreal. I've been working towards this dream for years. I received two rejections over the last two weeks and was starting to think that it may not be my year for grad school. Wishing anyone who hasn't received an email just yet the best of luck, and to hold on! 

Congratsss!!! I got in as welll. I want to create a whatsapp group for the 2023 mcmaster cohort since it is a small cohort. Feel free to send me a message with ur number so I can add u to the whatsapp group

On 3/8/2023 at 9:42 AM, bebeyoda22 said:

I don't understand how we are supposed to accept an offer without knowing all of the places we got in. I am hoping to attend Laurier as my first choice, but their application was due in February and other schools were due in November, so I'm assuming that their decisions will come out much later. I don't want to turn down another school's offer waiting for Laurier, just to be rejected!

Did you apply to MA Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy at Laurier? This is the only program I applied for and I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear back! Wish you good luck! 

2 hours ago, DocMcflufffin said:

Did you apply to MA Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy at Laurier? This is the only program I applied for and I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear back! Wish you good luck! 

Yes! I am feeling so impatient seeing all the other schools start to send out updates, knowing it will probably be a long time until we hear. My Casper results only got sent over earlier this week! But, on the other hand, they did email me at the beginning of February before the deadline and said they were starting to review applications, so maybe it will be sooner than we think. Good luck to you, as well!

Re UOttawa waitlist.

Does anyone have additional information about the waitlist process (e.g. insights from previous years)?

We have reviewed your application for admission. Although we cannot admit you into the program at this time, we have placed your name on a waiting list. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any further information on your chances of receiving an offer of admission. You will remain on the waiting list until a spot is available or until the program meets its quota. As soon as a decision is taken, you will be informed by email. We strongly recommend that you verify your uoZone account regularly.
Important:

The Admissions Committee at the Faculty of Education has reviewed the applications submitted to the Counselling Psychology program for September 2023

Please note that we have placed your name on a wait list and we could not recommend your admission to the program at this time. Every year we receive a large number of quality applications and the program can only accept a limited number of students. This year we have received more than 400 applications to fill 30 spots. Unfortunately, we cannot give you any further information regarding your chances of receiving an offer of admission or your rank. We will be updating you on your application status by May 1st. Please refrain from sending us questions on your wait list status before June 1st, as we will not be able to respond to your requests. We thank you again for your interest in our program.

35 minutes ago, Lavender_1 said:

Re UOttawa waitlist.

Does anyone have additional information about the waitlist process (e.g. insights from previous years)?

We have reviewed your application for admission. Although we cannot admit you into the program at this time, we have placed your name on a waiting list. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any further information on your chances of receiving an offer of admission. You will remain on the waiting list until a spot is available or until the program meets its quota. As soon as a decision is taken, you will be informed by email. We strongly recommend that you verify your uoZone account regularly.

Important:

The Admissions Committee at the Faculty of Education has reviewed the applications submitted to the Counselling Psychology program for September 2023

Please note that we have placed your name on a wait list and we could not recommend your admission to the program at this time. Every year we receive a large number of quality applications and the program can only accept a limited number of students. This year we have received more than 400 applications to fill 30 spots. Unfortunately, we cannot give you any further information regarding your chances of receiving an offer of admission or your rank. We will be updating you on your application status by May 1st. Please refrain from sending us questions on your wait list status before June 1st, as we will not be able to respond to your requests. We thank you again for your interest in our program.

It really depends on your spot on the waitlist. I was waitlisted last year and was not admitted. However my friend was accepted off the waitlist later on. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info 

34 minutes ago, Lavender_1 said:

Re UOttawa waitlist.

Important:

I received the same message. 

I applied last year and was waitlisted at the end of February. I didn't receive news that I was rejected until June. I had tried emailing them to ask for more info regarding the waitlist but they couldn't tell me anything. Really discouraging :( good luck to you!!

2 hours ago, Lavender_1 said:

Re UOttawa waitlist.

Important:

Did you receive this message to your personal email? It still says “Under Evaluation” for me. Not sure if that’s good or bad 🤷🏼‍♀️

3 minutes ago, rexandmatcha said:

Did you receive this message to your personal email? It still says “Under Evaluation” for me. Not sure if that’s good or bad 🤷🏼‍♀️

Same for me! I applied to MA and it’s still under evaluation