Counselling Psychology Canadian Application Forum Fall 2023

stillpsych

2 hours ago, A_Poor_Undergrad said:

Rejected from UBC just now.

That's UBC, UofA, and UofC. How do you all subject yourselves to this yearly? It's brutal.

Same. Received rejection from UBC today. Was waitlisted last year! This was my 3rd attempt. I don't even know if this is worth it anymore. I am going to reconsider.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, psychowannabee said:

I heard from a friend that U of A course-based offers have until March 15 to accept their offers, so the movements on the list might not happen till 2 weeks from now. 

I don't understand how we are supposed to accept an offer without knowing all of the places we got in. I am hoping to attend Laurier as my first choice, but their application was due in February and other schools were due in November, so I'm assuming that their decisions will come out much later. I don't want to turn down another school's offer waiting for Laurier, just to be rejected!

Edited by bebeyoda22

1 hour ago, bebeyoda22 said:

I don't understand how we are supposed to accept an offer without knowing all of the places we got in. I am hoping to attend Laurier as my first choice, but their application was due in February and other schools were due in November, so I'm assuming that their decisions will come out much later. I don't want to turn down another school's offer waiting for Laurier, just to be rejected!

You always have the option of accepting to save your spot and giving it up later. You do lose out on your deposit but if you have no other option, at least you're not risking not getting in anywhere in the end. 

3 hours ago, A_Poor_Undergrad said:

Rejected from both UOttawa programs.

That's 4/7 rejected so far.

Sorry to hear :( ! Best of luck with the remaining.

Both meaning the M.Ed. and M.A.? 

How did you find out? Were you notified by email or did you check online?

51 minutes ago, canadamphxyz said:

Did anyone get accepted to UOttawa? Did you get a notification via email to check the portal? Thanks!

Nope. A few people got rejected, so hopefully it's a good sign if we haven't heard yet.

1 hour ago, Leah888 said:

Nope. A few people got rejected, so hopefully it's a good sign if we haven't heard yet.

Heard of one person who got accepted! Mine still says 'under evaluation'.

11 hours ago, psyc1818 said:

What were their stats like? Curious what Ottawa is looking for as many qualified applicants were rejected this year.

I don't know. I didn't ask them. 

I got accepted by McMaster and rejected by Ottawa (MEd Counselling). My interview with McMaster was on Feb 9th. No email notifications were received, and I checked both online portals to find out the results. If anyone is interested in my stats, I am happy to share them.

I applied to graduate school three times in total - in 2019, 2020, and 2022. I understand how struggling and anxious we all are at this stage! When getting rejected for the second time, I was super discouraged and started to question myself. Looking back, I am glad I was able to pick myself up. Stay hopeful and believe in yourself even if it may take longer for your hard work to pay off ❤️

Edited by Toughcook1e

12 minutes ago, Toughcook1e said:

I got accepted by McMaster and rejected by Ottawa (MEd Counselling). My interview with McMaster was on Feb 9th. No email notifications were received, and I checked both online portals to find out the results. If anyone is interested in my stats, I am happy to share them.

I applied to graduate school three times in total - in 2019, 2020, and 2022. I understand how struggling and anxious we all are at this stage! When getting rejected for the second time, I was super discouraged and started to question myself. Looking back, I am glad I was able to pick myself up. Stay hopeful and believe in yourself even if it may take longer for your hard work to pay off ❤️

Congrats! When did you hear from McMaster?

Just got accepted to UNB's MEd Counselling program (course-based). Found out via email. If anyone has any insight on this program, I would love to hear from you! I still have 3 other schools I am waiting to hear from, so I am holding out on accepting as of now.

49 minutes ago, Toughcook1e said:

Hi! Congratulations! Can I ask which portal you saw your decision on? Was it the SGS one?