Counselling Psychology Canadian Application Forum Fall 2023

stillpsych

19 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Omg Same here!! I stumbled on 1 question and I keep overthinking my answers. Did they tell you when results will be out?

Right? The waiting period is so tough. They told me specifically admissions will go out middle to end of March! Did they tell you something similar?

2 hours ago, ManukaHoney said:

Omg Same here!! I stumbled on 1 question and I keep overthinking my answers. Did they tell you when results will be out?

I stumbled on a question too and felt so silly! I'm hoping they consider how nervous we all must be during these interviews, haha. ? Wishing you the best of luck! I got the same timeline, by the way. 

13 hours ago, sara_2024 said:

Did anyone apply to SFU counselling? Has anyone heard anything back from them?  

I applied! Still waiting to hear from them. I watched their info session and they said that they’ll email a shortlist of applicants to submit their mock counselling session videos around the beginning of March. From there, they’ll make another shortlist for interviews, and decisions should be made by end of March/beginning of April. 

Got my official rejection from U of A thesis-option. My course-based is still under review, but still assuming rejection given I was not notified regarding waitlists. 

Definitely a little frustrated with the thesis-option and did not have my hopes up from the beginning. I reached out to 4 professors regarding supervision in the fall. One was nearing retirement and not taking on anymore students (understandable), one never responded, and two said they weren't sure whether they'd be able to take on a student. Beyond those four I couldn't really stretch my research interests any further without straight up lying. I listed one who didn't respond and one who wasn't sure... so you can see why I was not optimistic. I had a different professor last year after being unsuccessful telling me to "build a relationship with a faculty member". I live in Edmonton. Every prof I emailed either ignored my request to connect or said they did not have the capacity to do so lol.

Hey guys, for those rejected from U of A, can anyone clarify if any of those rejections were from the course-based route?  

Also, I am sorry to hear about the rejections - I imagine all of you were BEYOND qualified - this process is hard as hell. I am fully expecting rejection but since I have heard nothing yet I can’t help but hold on to some hope

4 minutes ago, ola3663 said:

Hey guys, for those rejected from U of A, can anyone clarify if any of those rejections were from the course-based route?  

Also, I am sorry to hear about the rejections - I imagine all of you were BEYOND qualified - this process is hard as hell. I am fully expecting rejection but since I have heard nothing yet I can’t help but hold on to some hope

I was rejected from the course-based route. I'll edit that in my post :)

On 2/22/2023 at 4:41 AM, alexastudent said:

I received an email today that I was waitlisted for UA course based. Mixed feelings as I’m not sure how many are on the waitlist / position but better than nothing! 

Wishing you all the best! Just curious, was there an interview? Or is this a waitlist to an interview?