Counselling Psychology Canadian Application Forum Fall 2023

stillpsych

35 minutes ago, counsellingapplicant23 said:

wrt SFU, their website says that results should be coming out 8-12 weeks following the deadline (which was Jan 15) — so that’d be March 15-April 15. Not sure about UNB! 

Thank you for commenting! I should have been more specific- I was curious if anyone had heard from them regarding interviews. I attended their info-session and they said that they would send out invites for applicants to submit a mock counselling video around 7 weeks after the deadline, and from there, they would invite applicants to interview. Anyone been invited to submit their video or interview yet?

Edited by Lmwstudent

My UOttawa application still says “under evaluation”. The longer I wait, the more I feel like the outcome is not going to be good ... curious if anyone’s application still says “Under Evaluation” or if it has changed for them recently? 

Also, does anyone know by when we are supposed to receive a decision, whether it’s rejected, wait-listed or accepted? I imagine there’s a deadline. 

Just now, rexandmatcha said:

My UOttawa application still says “under evaluation”. The longer I wait, the more I feel like the outcome is not going to be good ... curious if anyone’s application still says “Under Evaluation” or if it has changed for them recently? 

Also, does anyone know by when we are supposed to receive a decision, whether it’s rejected, wait-listed or accepted? I imagine there’s a deadline. 

Mine changed today... rejected from the thesis stream and waitlisted for the MRP stream. I think it is good for them to be taking longer to review your application, as it means that you did not get immediately rejected and are still in the running for a spot.

On 3/12/2023 at 5:27 PM, empatheticallyuninept said:

Oh, I think I missed this post. I had my interview with Western. It went well, and they were honestly so nice, that the nerves just went away. I'm pretty sure of the 30 or so interviewees they'll pick half of them

Do you know if they’re doing more interviews or do you think they’ve already reached out to the 30 people? 

1 hour ago, Letsdothiss said:

Do you know if they’re doing more interviews or do you think they’ve already reached out to the 30 people? 

From my understanding they weren't even going to send out all the zoom links until all the interviews were scheduled. Given that some ppl have had theirs, I would imagine that they were all sent out

21 hours ago, rexandmatcha said:

Update: got rejected from MEd course program at UOttawa. UofT is the last program I’m waiting to hear back from - not feeling very optimistic. Rejections suck. Sending love & good vibes to everyone here. 🙏🏻

18 hours ago, Letsdothiss said:

Does anyone know if they already did all of the interviews at Western, or if they will do another round after people accept/decline their offer? What’s typical? It’s my dream program and I have yet to hear back :( 

They did 32 interviews for 15 slots, so I imagine they are done with their interviews since there are still 17 interviewees that didn't get an initial ofer

On 3/13/2023 at 1:38 PM, Lavender_1 said:

Thanks for letting us know!

Has anyone been notified that they have been waitlisted for an interview from McMaster? Also, my portal status hasn't changed and still just says "submitted". Anyone else?:) Good luck to all! 

On 3/13/2023 at 11:47 AM, psyc1818 said:

I would recommend accepting UOttawa by the deadline, and if you get into UofT, rescind your acceptance to UOttawa. Schools are aware that they provide us all with very different deadlines and most of us are waiting for responses from multiple schools, which is why they keep a waitlist (Ottawa accepted people off the waitlist up until end of April last year).

I was in this situation this year and I just rescinded my acceptance to another school because I was accepted elsewhere. The only problem is that you will lose your deposit - but IMO that is very much worth it to secure your spot. You don't want to be left with no options after all your hard work! 

An update on the situation - It looks like I don't need to spend any money at all; my official transcript and initial deposits aren't due until June! I was just able to accept the offer and when I checked what the process was supposed to look like, the website indicated that no further action needed to be taken. 

On 3/6/2023 at 3:30 PM, psycandcoffee said:

Hi guys! Does anyone know what the deadline is for students to accept offers from U of C? Thank you! 

Hey! I recieved an acceptance from U of C and the deadline is March 28th. 
If you are on a waitlist, you would likely hear back early April!

On 3/6/2023 at 3:30 PM, psycandcoffee said:

Hi guys! Does anyone know what the deadline is for students to accept offers from U of C? Thank you!