SSHRC CGS -D & Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024

capricorn97

6 minutes ago, PsychedelicRaccoon said:

Congrats! Do you think that if we have not heard from our grad office we should assume unsuccessful?

I checked in with my grad office yesterday and they said they hadn't received anything yet. So I wouldn't assume unsuccessful; it seems like some results haven't gotten out to our schools either. 

Just now, chicha3maddy said:

I checked in with my grad office yesterday and they said they hadn't received anything yet. So I wouldn't assume unsuccessful; it seems like some results haven't gotten out to our schools either. 

Thanks for this! I just reached out to my grad office to see if they can provide any information. 

Got a very quick response, my institution (U of Guelph) has not received SSHRC results.  They also stated that they are unable to inform applicants of results even if they had results as SSHRC needs to do it in an official capacity.

At least I know I have to wait for that email now. Looks like there is some hope still for the rest of us out there who are still waiting. 

Sigh... hope everyone manages to have a good day - at least its Friday!

Just got an email from my department that my SSHRC application was successful! Not sure if I got the CGS-D or Fellowship, or my ranking, but I'm just glad that I can rest easy while prepping for comps in the Fall 🥳 Best of luck to everyone still waiting - The future is bright!

Just now, internationalrelationsgal said:

Literally going crazy here. I am currently studying at an American university and am in Category 5, so I have not yet received the email to create the extranet account. Anyone heard any updates on expected timelines for the IT issue to be fixed? Last I heard it could be into next week.

That's the last thing I've heard too... I emailed them again today and haven't received a response, but I'll update if I do. From what I've been able to tell, the extranet emails have been completely stopped for about 24 hours at this point. (I'm in committee 4, and someone in my cohort heard, so it seems like they basically stopped right before me. Yay. 🙃)

7 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

That's the last thing I've heard too... I emailed them again today and haven't received a response, but I'll update if I do. From what I've been able to tell, the extranet emails have been completely stopped for about 24 hours at this point. (I'm in committee 4, and someone in my cohort heard, so it seems like they basically stopped right before me. Yay. 🙃)

Please keep us posted if you get a reply @chicha3maddy ! I’m also in committee 4… the urge to refresh my email every five minutes is worsening 😂 

1 minute ago, reindeerland said:

Please keep us posted if you get a reply @chicha3maddy ! I’m also in committee 4… the urge to refresh my email every five minutes is worsening 😂 

I've been going through phases... I've been trying to have restraint but I have been refreshing at an admittedly embarrassing rate since yesterday. It's so hard to be in the dark when so many have already heard! 

Edited by chicha3maddy

13 minutes ago, internationalrelationsgal said:

Literally going crazy here. I am currently studying at an American university and am in Category 5, so I have not yet received the email to create the extranet account. Anyone heard any updates on expected timelines for the IT issue to be fixed? Last I heard it could be into next week.

Also at the stage of completely losing it. It is hardly is worth saying at this point, but how is it always this difficult. In what world does an IT issue on Wednesday translate into a delay into the following week? 

7 minutes ago, Sundaythecat said:

I just got off the phone with SSRHC IT. They mentioned that the remaining emails will likely be sent out next week. 

On the one hand, nice to to know that I can stop refreshing. On the other hand … 🤯

22 minutes ago, Sundaythecat said:

I just got off the phone with SSRHC IT. They mentioned that the remaining emails will likely be sent out next week. 

Wow. I hope everyone working at SSHRC has a great weekend. Can I bill them for the emergency therapy session that is sure to come out of this slow descent into madness? 

overdramatic? definitely. lost it? completely. 

51 minutes ago, Sundaythecat said:

The amount of mixed information from them is wild. They told me that yesterday, but today on Twitter they said:

"Hello, thank you for reaching out. SSHRC is currently releasing the Doctoral Awards competition results directly to applicants via the SSHRC Extranet for Applicant https://ensemble.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/sites/700001. We anticipate that the results will be available this week. A follow-up email will be sent once the results documents are uploaded."

Do they realize that "this week" would be today? lol 

After my third email to my institution they let me know my results! I encourage those still waiting to ask them for support on this. My grad studies department is apparently sending out further instructions to applicants this afternoon, as there are plenty of us who still haven’t received anything official from SSHRC. 

1 hour ago, reindeerland said:

After my third email to my institution they let me know my results! I encourage those still waiting to ask them for support on this. My grad studies department is apparently sending out further instructions to applicants this afternoon, as there are plenty of us who still haven’t received anything official from SSHRC. 

Okay I am so glad I followed this advice and asked my administration for a second time because she told me I got CGS-D!! So thrilled to just be able to breathe normally again this weekend. Crossing my fingers for everyone still waiting!!

Just confirmed with my Department and Institution that they have not been sent the results and a bunch of us have not received emails. Frustrating, but sharing this in case folks are worried if they haven't heard any news yet. Sounds like this is a SSHRC IT issue and again, not a reflection of being funded/rejected. Hope this helps and fingers crossed we hear directly from SSHRC early next week.

9 minutes ago, Vancouver604.Ontario said:

Just confirmed with my Department and Institution that they have not been sent the results and a bunch of us have not received emails. Frustrating, but sharing this in case folks are worried if they haven't heard any news yet. Sounds like this is a SSHRC IT issue and again, not a reflection of being funded/rejected. Hope this helps and fingers crossed we hear directly from SSHRC early next week.

Very frustrating... Do you mind sharing what university/department you're from? I'm at UBC and nothing so far...

Got my results! Just finished the first year of my PhD studies (English literature); first time applying to SSHRC.
I was awarded a SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship. For frame of reference for other applicants (attached).

My only question, if anyone is able to answer, is that my mailing address is in the province I attend university, but I am currently back in my home province for the summer. Should I be worried about missing some important piece of mail from SSHRC? Hoping I don't have to trek across the country (again), but will bite the bullet if need be. Thanks for any insights!

Wishing everyone luck and positive outcomes! ❤️ ScreenShot2023-04-28at5_11_06PM.thumb.png.a41dba12611c3ce965e00e4b9b8d10e1.png

3 minutes ago, collagepoetics said:

Got my results! Just finished the first year of my PhD studies (English literature); first time applying to SSHRC.
I was awarded a SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship. For frame of reference for other applicants (attached).

My only question, if anyone is able to answer, is that my mailing address is in the province I attend university, but I am currently back in my home province for the summer. Should I be worried about missing some important piece of mail from SSHRC? Hoping I don't have to trek across the country (again), but will bite the bullet if need be. Thanks for any insights!

Wishing everyone luck and positive outcomes! ❤️ ScreenShot2023-04-28at5_11_06PM.thumb.png.a41dba12611c3ce965e00e4b9b8d10e1.png

Congratulations!!!! Do you mind if I ask when your email came in?

10 minutes ago, jbtws said:

Very frustrating... Do you mind sharing what university/department you're from? I'm at UBC and nothing so far...

I'm at UBC and the graduate faculty has the results - My department sent me Congratulations this morning. Check in with your department if you haven't already!

27 minutes ago, Attempted_Academic said:

Okay I am so glad I followed this advice and asked my administration for a second time because she told me I got CGS-D!! So thrilled to just be able to breathe normally again this weekend. Crossing my fingers for everyone still waiting!!

Congratulations!