Fall 2023 Statistics/Biostatistics Applicants Thread

1 hour ago, thermoflask101 said:

Got my Berkeley rejection as well ?, does anyone have news about UPenn Stats? 

Wharton Statistics sent offers as well as rejections. If you didn't get any, you should follow up them if they are still reviewing applications

Edited by biostat_student4

20 hours ago, Rose_Grad said:

Hi! Anyone still waiting for biostatistics PhD for Columbia, Harvard, GWU, UIC, UTH, NYU? I got rejected from JHU and Brown.

For UIC, my application status changed to "Additional Review Required," and does anyone know what this means? 

Harvard will probably take time to give decisions if you had an interview. I saw several acceptances at UTH in the results thread. For UIC, I know, they normally gives offers a bit late. I guess you should email them what that means.

Anyone still waiting for or have any information for UNC Biostat and MD Anderson Biostat ? 

1 hour ago, biostat_student4 said:

Harvard will probably take time to give decisions if you had an interview. I saw several acceptances at UTH in the results thread. For UIC, I know, they normally gives offers a bit late. I guess you should email them what that means.

Anyone still waiting for or have any information for UNC Biostat and MD Anderson Biostat ? 

I'm still waiting for UNC Biostat...

On 2/22/2023 at 12:03 PM, hagjsjsnhu said:

Anyone back from Oregon State and Colorado State? I applied for their MS programs there. I emailed Colorado States last week and they said they are still making decisions. 

Haven't heard back from both, but I applied as PhD.

I emailed Colorado State twice. The first time they said they started reviewing application back in the third week of Jan and they need a couple of weeks to send out results. The second time was last week and they said that they are still making decisions. I also emailed Oregon State twice and they ghosted me. 

On 2/21/2023 at 9:20 PM, STATS22 said:

Thanks! I also applied to the stats program and haven't heard anything back from them. I guess that it is a silent rejection...

It is strange that there is no interview report from Columbia in gradcafe. Do anyone know why?

On 2/22/2023 at 11:20 AM, biostat_student4 said:

MD Anderson's last round of interviews is next week, and they send the invitations a few weeks in advance. 

On 2/23/2023 at 12:01 AM, kkkk_h_ch said:

I'm still waiting for UNC Biostat...

Okay. Do you have any idea if more offers are expected to come? One of my friend asked them, but they ghosted. They should have some visit day soon (or maybe alreday over). But, considering their department size with a large number of students, I think there should be more waves.

20 hours ago, tts said:

It is strange that there is no interview report from Columbia in gradcafe. Do anyone know why?

It maybe a reporting bias or the people who received interviews are mostly international (i.e. those who are not currently in the states and who are less likely to use gradcafe. Stat depts mostly interview the international applicants as I have heard)

6 hours ago, ag112 said:

MD Anderson's last round of interviews is next week, and they send the invitations a few weeks in advance. 

I see. Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, biostat_student4 said:
On 2/24/2023 at 9:50 AM, tts said:

It maybe a reporting bias or the people who received interviews are mostly international (i.e. those who are not currently in the states and who are less likely to use gradcafe. Stat depts mostly interview the international applicants as I have heard)

While this is true, Columbia historically has interviewed many people by now, many of whom were in the States. The paucity of interviews seems unusual given how late it is in the season. My Columbia interview two years ago was on the 12th of February and there had already been some interviews logged in GradCafe at that point. Not sure if they are phasing out the interviews or if the process is just taking longer.

On 2/28/2023 at 1:15 AM, lall said:

Did anyone heard from UFL biostat? I only saw some interview from gradcafe but did not see any offer

I was interviewed by a UFL biostat professor in early Feb. The professor said that I should expect an update on decision in early to mid March. However I also know some interviewees got verbal offers during their interviews.

On 2/22/2023 at 12:09 PM, biostat_student4 said:

Wharton Statistics sent offers as well as rejections. If you didn't get any, you should follow up them if they are still reviewing applications

I just emailed Wharton's doctoral program, and they said the committee meets late February and early March, with a final decision deadline of late March. Where did you get this (above) information?

From UCLA:

"Thanks for reaching out. I can tell you that the first round of admission offers have gone out this week. If you do not hear from us by mid-March, it is likely you will not be offered admission. However, we will send everyone notice at some point once the 23-24 cohort is finalized and admission is officially closed. Thank you for your patience."

Good luck to everyone that applied to the UCLA Statistics PH.D. 

5 hours ago, thermoflask101 said:

I just emailed Wharton's doctoral program, and they said the committee meets late February and early March, with a final decision deadline of late March. Where did you get this (above) information?

Which email address did you contact? They usually don't respond when I email them.