MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

1 minute ago, acran0715 said:

I really wonder how many MSc applicants there were then...

It’s just my assumption, but I think less because MSc degree has stricter requirements to apply in terms of what previous degree you should have.

And you can apply into MPH even with an arts degree, so more people can apply.

15 hours ago, acran0715 said:

Hi everyone! Got an unofficial acceptance this morning for the MSc Epidemiology (application is being forwarded to FGSR). This is after I contacted them and asked about when admission offers would be going out. They originally told me "in the coming weeks" so don't give up hope!!

Congrats on your acceptance to Msc Epidemiology! I'm an international student and I applied to this program as well. However, I'm really worried and anxious about my application since I haven't heard any update yet. I asked them in the portal and they said that the review process is ongoing and I could expect a decision in April. I don't know whether this is a good sign or a bad sign. I contacted a supervisor earlier but he never responded to any of my emails. So I wonder if I could reach other professors at this stage or if I could take this application unsuccessful. And it would be appreciated if you could share your background with me for reference. It's ok if you don't want to do so. At last, I would like to say congratulation again!

3 hours ago, qiwang18 said:

Congrats on your acceptance to Msc Epidemiology! I'm an international student and I applied to this program as well. However, I'm really worried and anxious about my application since I haven't heard any update yet. I asked them in the portal and they said that the review process is ongoing and I could expect a decision in April. I don't know whether this is a good sign or a bad sign. I contacted a supervisor earlier but he never responded to any of my emails. So I wonder if I could reach other professors at this stage or if I could take this application unsuccessful. And it would be appreciated if you could share your background with me for reference. It's ok if you don't want to do so. At last, I would like to say congratulation again!

Hello, yes reach out to professors if none have reached out to you. They don't accept you unless a supervisor has agreed to take you on. I had a couple approach me a fee weeks back but that's not everyone's experience.

and thank you! I wish you the best of luck. (I'm also a domestic applicant if that changes anything)

4 hours ago, Tomiiiii said:

Has anyone heard back from university of Saskatchewan?

I received an email saying I was recommended for admission to their MPH at around 6am on March 16th! And in the email they said I would be hearing back in about 2 weeks for an official admission

39 minutes ago, purplegiraffe22 said:

Congrats!! Can I ask what we’re your stats?

Thanks! For sure! 

Undergrad program: Health Science - Population and Public Health option

cGPA: 7.5/10. But for the last two years GPA was 8/10 

Work experience: Pharmacy assistant for two years and data entry and verification clerk at covid-19 vaccination clinics 

Volunteer experience: Volunteered at a hospice that serves the homeless community for four years and one of my prof's research projects. I am also on the workplace health and safety committee at work. 

I highlighted my experience volunteering at the hospice, working at the vaccination clinics and course work in the LOI. 

21 minutes ago, JITMPH2023 said:

Thanks! For sure! 

Undergrad program: Health Science - Population and Public Health option

cGPA: 7.5/10. But for the last two years GPA was 8/10 

Work experience: Pharmacy assistant for two years and data entry and verification clerk at covid-19 vaccination clinics 

Volunteer experience: Volunteered at a hospice that serves the homeless community for four years and one of my prof's research projects. I am also on the workplace health and safety committee at work. 

I highlighted my experience volunteering at the hospice, working at the vaccination clinics and course work in the LOI. 

Wow that’s amazing!!! What is a 7.5/10 and 8/10 on a 4.33 or 4.0 scale?

1 hour ago, purplegiraffe22 said:

yay congrats!! can i ask what your stats are? no worries if not 

Thank you! I have a degree in Kinesiology. Worked in a couple research groups throughout my undergrad (part-time, full-time co-op, and volunteering in a mix of qualitative and quantitative-focused studies related to community health). I took many electives in health-related courses (family studies, early childhood development, health promotion, public health, health psychology, and also sexual health). Worked full-time in community outreach -focused NGO after graduation. I do not want to get into details about my CGPA as I think having relevant experiences and right intention are more important for this offer, as long as the minimum CGPA is met.

Honestly, I am sharing this to provide a bit of context, but it is not a mean to make anyone in this forum (including myself) feel worse/better after comparison. It takes courage to apply to grad schools and this whole process is nerve wrecking as it is.

Wishing everyone best of luck!

Edited by audreyzz
typo