CGS D - PGS D 2023-2024 NSERC

Edd1

7 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

Thank you so much @waitingsucks for coming back on to share an update even though the outcome wasn't what you were hoping for. I hope you can finally decompress tonight and treat yourself for getting through such a disgusting process! 

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, it's nice to at least know the outcome and relax.

They may be going in order of committee number, but hopefully you all don't have to wait long!

No email yet for me, cellular and molecular biology committee.

Edit: To anyone reading this, from browsing last years thread, emails will likely be coming out over the course of the next several hours, and there does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to the order, so your best bet is just to wait patiently. Don't worry if you haven't received an email yet. 

Edited by fridgezipper

55 minutes ago, waitingsucks said:

I guess today is the day after all! Just got the email - didn't win unfortunately but it's nice to know.

Good luck to all of you!!

It says I was in committee 168 - Geosciences btw. Not sure how that happened as that's not my field lol

I can help commiserate! Though I'm actually in Geosciences... 3rd time is not the charm I guess 😕 added a publication and three conferences this year too. But you're right, nice to know and not worry anymore. 

Oh well. Prove 'em wrong, right? 

EDIT: received an email from NSERC to extranet with the results. No rankings included.

Edited by Crockpot_o_rocks

What a roller coaster this is- first thought it wasn't going to be so soon, then it seemed like today, then it didn't seem like today anymore, and now emails are trickling out... I'm going crazy! I just want this to be over so I can focus on work again.

Got an email at 10:30 pm EDT from NSERC, inviting me to create an account on the extranet. Unfortunately, I did not receive an offer. Selection Committee No.: 179 - S&F Selection Committee for Chemistry.

SF 194 just received email. Second time applying, got CGSD! 

Received an email from UofT (last year didn't) this morning saying the following: 

"The results of the 2023-24 NSERC Doctoral Scholarships (PGSD and CGSD) will soon be released to all applicants via a secure site. Access details will be sent to applicants via separate emails from NSERC. If you do not receive an email from NSERC this week, please contact NSERC to confirm your current email address on file."

Based on other DPs I guess it's safe to say if you also received this from UofT SGS you can expect a positive outcome in the Extranet.

Oh shit I got a PGS D! Anyone facing their first rejection, there is still hope for you, I finished 148 out of 165 in my committee (194) last year. I'll share some of the changes I made probably in a day or two (I owe it to the people in this forum who did the same thing last year), but I can quickly say that the comments from PNW_ on page 14 of last year's thread reeeeaaaaalllly helped me out :

19 minutes ago, fridgezipper said:

Untitled.jpg.63afaf26184dcfc11452faaec880ef93.jpgIf anyone is curious, this is what rejection looks like. Did anyones rejection indicate a waitlist? 

I was waitlisted last year and the wording was different. It was saying something like "although your application is considered meritorious, we regret to ..."

1 hour ago, Cdn_Psych_Today said:

Wow! Congrats to those who have been awarded! 

How many committees are there in NSERC???? I'm in CIHR and I think there are like...two.

Lol honestly, committee A and B haha. Also waiting for CIHR, no clue when it comes out. Two years ago I was informed April 15.