How will you celebrate?

Irishlibra

Question

In the spirit of being positive and keeping the glass half full, how do you plan on celebrating your first acceptance?

I plan on taking a personal day off work to take some time to enjoy the freedom from the anxious purgatory that I've been living in. I'll also take that day to share the good news with others and to obsessively start researching the school, program, city, etc. My day will probably involve guilt free chocolate too!

How will you celebrate?

My top school seems to send out their decisions around or on St.Patrick’s day...and, as an (aspiring) Irish historian, I am sure that my celebration will involve a pub, music, the wearing of green, and FAR too much alcohol.

(On the flip side, if I don’t get in, I will do the exact same thing to drown out the pain. Hurrah!)

It is my full intention to get rather inebriated since I haven't allowed myself to be since about October. But I am going to hold out until I get my first acceptance (knock on wood.)

Edited by UFGator

My night will go as follows:

1. Share (read: drink to myself) a pitcher of my favourite beer

2. Scarf down a plate of ooey, gooey, cheezalicious nachos

3. Hire someone to rub my now bloated belly

4. Go to sleep

I aspire high in life, guys.

I'd like to imagine a scene of calm satisfaction, but I'll likely vascillate among hyperventillation, uncontrollable sobbing, and terrified disbelief (wondering when they'll realize their error and rescind my offer). Then, scotch.

I might yell uncontrollably. If I do, I hope I'm not at work when that happens :) Then I'll open a bottle of champagne.

Edited by newms

Update my facebook status. Hahahah!

No one's mentioned it yet but I KNOW for a FACT that more than half of you will do this (assuming you all have an account)

Then I will email/visit my letter writers, take my family out to dinner, and gloat share to all my friends.

Just being honest here.

Edited by gradstudent84

I think I'm going to throw a party biggrin.gif something i haven't done in years! I get seriously waisted LOL

I also planning on buying a pair of ridiculously expensive sunglasses < consumer behavior, which is my specialty, in it's best>

We moved to US a year ago and maybe, if i get accepted we'll go to our home country for a visit and I could thank my LOR writers in person.

But, being the whiny girl that I am, I'll probably cry for a week tongue.gif

For me, it really depends on the school that I get into. If i get into one of my top two choices, I will

1. throw a GINORMOUS pool party/barbecue for all of my friends and the a-holes in high school who didn't think I could make it (laughs bitterly)

2. go on a big winter-clothing shopping spree!

3. UPDATE MY FACEBOOK STATUS HOURLY, lol. Maybe every 30 minutes, who knows? Just to make sure everybody sees

4. Call all of my friends and family right away, and have them all in one big excited long conference call

5. go out and get so drunk that I don't remember my first name, last name, or even know that I'm smart enough to get into graduate school

6. repeat #5 every single night for about a week

Ok, that's all folks!

Alex

There's a bunch of us in my program who are applying to a myriad of programs, so we're all going to go out to celebrate after we've all heard back. Probably going to an izakaya (Japanese bar kind of thing) or something like that. :D

When I was applying to grad schools, I only lived about 15 minutes from home, so I went home to show my parents my first acceptance e-mail. While I was sitting at the computer waiting for my dad to come home from work, acceptance e-mail #2 popped up :D .

Do I get extra points for saying "chag gadol haya [either here or there, depending on your geographic location]?"

Haha well, I won't be in Israel anytime soon, but I think that the joke still holds :-)

And yes, you DO get extra points.