How will you celebrate?

Irishlibra

Question

In the spirit of being positive and keeping the glass half full, how do you plan on celebrating your first acceptance?

I plan on taking a personal day off work to take some time to enjoy the freedom from the anxious purgatory that I've been living in. I'll also take that day to share the good news with others and to obsessively start researching the school, program, city, etc. My day will probably involve guilt free chocolate too!

How will you celebrate?

There are 6 of us in a senior thesis forum that meets on the same night as a campus bar's "Flip Night"--call the quarter correctly, and your drink is free.

All of us applied to similar programs. Good news or bad news, we won't be attending class...

Haha thanks dudes. It's been planned for about 8 months now, so I'm doubly anxious for admissions results. As soon as I know where I'm going, I'll pop the question.

It's funny, because she's been telling me off for being so anxious... little does she know...

1) Run around my house and shriek.

2) Consume an enormous amount of delicious wine.

3) Regret #2 the next morning, but cheer myself up by buying shoes.

4) Possibly go to Disneyland.

Like some others have mentioned, this will also be the list if I am rejected from all the school with the minor change to # 1 (shriek and cry).

If I get into one of my top three's, I will go to a bar, put on my best Oprah impersonation and give away shots. Confetti will be thrown. Lavish celebration! People will chant my name! I will take my shirt off like Mia Hamm!

If I do not get into one of my top three's but by the grace of god got in SOMEWHERE, I will have a tasteful dinner party to celebrate with friends.

Guest Amon-Ra

Once I know where I'm going, I'm proposing to my girlfriend.

(Seriously.)

I don't know who you are, but I love you, and I really hope you get in!

(Seriously.)

Edited by meforarth

I am celebrating (got acceptance notice last night) by continuing my research project. Analyzing my results right now in fact.

Congratulations!

I am going to celebrate by going to a french restaurant, La Belle Vie, that I have not been to yet, because I am saving it for a very special occasion. I am going to order and extravagant meal and delicious drinks. What the heck, I am going to be in debt very soon anyways.

Oh and I will do this even if I have to go by myself.

Haha thanks dudes. It's been planned for about 8 months now, so I'm doubly anxious for admissions results. As soon as I know where I'm going, I'll pop the question.

It's funny, because she's been telling me off for being so anxious... little does she know...

this is so sweet!!!! =) best of luck!!

For me, it really depends on the school that I get into. If i get into one of my top two choices, I will

1. throw a GINORMOUS pool party/barbecue for all of my friends and the a-holes in high school who didn't think I could make it (laughs bitterly)

2. go on a big winter-clothing shopping spree!

3. UPDATE MY FACEBOOK STATUS HOURLY, lol. Maybe every 30 minutes, who knows? Just to make sure everybody sees

4. Call all of my friends and family right away, and have them all in one big excited long conference call

5. go out and get so drunk that I don't remember my first name, last name, or even know that I'm smart enough to get into graduate school

6. repeat #5 every single night for about a week

Ok, that's all folks!

Alex

Absolutely agree, specially with number 1, I'd invite every idiot that has ever doubted I could do this just to rub it in their faces in front of the people who actually supported me.

5 and 6 seem a bit over the top, but knowing my usual reaction to good news I believe they are inevitable.

Additionally, I live in the same town as my parents I believe i wouldn´t drive or ride to their house but literally run there to share the news.

My heart will pound like120 time per min and then as much as I wan to celebrate, my mom will give me this talk about how I shouldn't be celebrating because this is merely a first step <_<

Your mom sounds like my mom!

I will probably cry tears of joy. And call everyone who is interested (parents, friends, recommenders.) Take a day off from work, and do something fun! Don't know what yet, but it'll be awesome!

My heart will pound like120 time per min and then as much as I wan to celebrate, my mom will give me this talk about how I shouldn't be celebrating because this is merely a first step <_<

Your mom sounds like my mom!

I will probably cry tears of joy. And call everyone who is interested (parents, friends, recommenders.) Take a day off from work, and do something fun! Don't know what yet, but it'll be awesome!

I got excited for a couple of seconds, and then started reflecting upon why I decided to pursue a career plagued with long hours, low wages, and bureaucratic mishaps. Meh.