BenAfflecksmokingacigarete Posted February 19 Posted February 19 anyone else apply to Stony Brook for fiction? wondering if i should take it as a soft rejection that i didn't get an interview
womanonline Posted February 19 Posted February 19 I can't believe Oregon State hasn't fully released decisions yet. There were a few fiction acceptances, one nonfiction, and that was all last week I think. No waitlists or rejections (or poetry, if they have poetry). I still haven't gotten an answer, and it's driving me crazy! Why are they so drawn out? ocurlyfries and girlwiththegreenribbon 1 1
strawberrymatcha Posted February 19 Posted February 19 I feel that ugh, just 1 more month of this limbo hopefully🥲 ocurlyfries, meanwhile and madsmadsmads 3
nonsense Posted February 19 Posted February 19 The waiting is all consuming! This is my second round applying for fiction. My first round I applied to 12 programs and got 1 waitlist (Indiana) but no acceptances. This time, I applied to 23 programs and got 4 rejections so far. Now I just have to hear back from 19 more programs 🙃
madsmadsmads Posted February 19 Posted February 19 Iowa starting to hit the draft......oh man, I'm scared. pengiunsfriend, runlolarun, strawberrymatcha and 6 others 6 3
Theodosia Posted February 19 Posted February 19 4 minutes ago, madsmadsmads said: Iowa starting to hit the draft......oh man, I'm scared. I feel nauseous! I know the chance is so small, but it's not over until it's over! madsmadsmads, theyearshallrunlikerabbits, runlolarun and 1 other 4
theyearshallrunlikerabbits Posted February 19 Posted February 19 I thought Iowa wouldn't start calling until tomorrow i'm shaking j1nju, Ogwick, commandercowboy and 1 other 4
womanonline Posted February 19 Posted February 19 Seeing Iowa on the draft just made my heart stop… Based on last year, looks like Nonfiction responses come last and that feels especially cruel 😭😭😭 runlolarun, cantoras and Ogwick 3
TPike Posted February 19 Posted February 19 I got into George Mason!!! I got an email that made it seem like I’m getting funded but I want an official notice saying so before I get too excited. theyearshallrunlikerabbits, j1nju, prufrock_ and 10 others 13
bucket Posted February 19 Posted February 19 i cannot decide if it is comforting to have heard nothing from UC Davis (as opposed to having been rejected already) as that means i could still get less-bad news… but MAN PLEASE JUST TELL ME😭
TheeMightyQuinn Posted February 19 Posted February 19 (edited) This time of year, anyone else feel like we ought to rename The Draft "The Molasses"? (Shade entirely thrown on the schools, not on Jess.). 🥰 Edited February 19 by TheeMightyQuinn clarity, not to offend kiki.xoxo 1
strawberrymatcha Posted February 19 Posted February 19 25 minutes ago, bucket said: i cannot decide if it is comforting to have heard nothing from UC Davis (as opposed to having been rejected already) as that means i could still get less-bad news… but MAN PLEASE JUST TELL ME😭 manifesting some news from them this week…🕯️🕯️🕯️ I don’t think I realized how desperate I would feel this time around? like. I want this so badly that my body feels like I need it lol theyearshallrunlikerabbits and bucket 2
womaninthevoid Posted February 19 Posted February 19 1 hour ago, theyearshallrunlikerabbits said: I thought Iowa wouldn't start calling until tomorrow i'm shaking anybody know if they typically call all in one day? sincerely, womanfreakingout prufrock_, BowelMovement, runlolarun and 1 other 3 1
Theodosia Posted February 19 Posted February 19 5 minutes ago, womaninthevoid said: anybody know if they typically call all in one day? sincerely, womanfreakingout Someone else will know better than I, but Iowa is notorious for staggering acceptances. madsmadsmads, theyearshallrunlikerabbits and BowelMovement 1 2
gafoo Posted February 19 Posted February 19 To be clear, I assume all the U Pitt waitlist results are only from people who interviewed, yes? Wondering if I can presume this one's a rejection since I never got an interview or any status update. lusitania_unsunk 1
MamaCats Posted February 19 Posted February 19 18 minutes ago, womaninthevoid said: anybody know if they typically call all in one day? sincerely, womanfreakingout 12 minutes ago, Theodosia said: Someone else will know better than I, but Iowa is notorious for staggering acceptances. So, Iowa takes a long time. Fiction first this year, and a couple of weeks later, likely Poetry, then NF. And they call at night, on weekends, whenever they have a minute. And if it is anything like last year, we will think they are done, then someone else gets a call. It is a very drawn out process, but they have a lot of people to call! theyearshallrunlikerabbits, gupppy, BowelMovement and 1 other 2 2
gafoo Posted February 19 Posted February 19 19 minutes ago, gafoo said: To be clear, I assume all the U Pitt waitlist results are only from people who interviewed, yes? Wondering if I can presume this one's a rejection since I never got an interview or any status update. And right on schedule, just got the rejection email! On the bright side, that's one less portal to compulsively refresh
callmemarioplz Posted February 19 Posted February 19 2 hours ago, TPike said: I got into George Mason!!! I got an email that made it seem like I’m getting funded but I want an official notice saying so before I get too excited. poetry?
julesr Posted February 19 Posted February 19 I wanna ask, how much time do schools give you to decide once you're accepted?
TPike Posted February 19 Posted February 19 7 minutes ago, callmemarioplz said: poetry? Yes, for poetry!
lusitania_unsunk Posted February 19 Posted February 19 4 minutes ago, julesr said: I wanna ask, how much time do schools give you to decide once you're accepted? I think decision day is april 15? kiki.xoxo 1
Strawberry14 Posted February 19 Posted February 19 (edited) 50 minutes ago, julesr said: I wanna ask, how much time do schools give you to decide once you're accepted? Yes! If your school is a member of CGS (council of graduate schools), you're not required to make a decision until April 15, and they cannot revoke the offer or anything like that. Schools should not be pressuring you to make decisions sooner. Unrelated, I just got waitlisted at Oregon State! Edited February 19 by Strawberry14 guntherpingu, TheeMightyQuinn, strawberrymatcha and 5 others 8
nonsense Posted February 19 Posted February 19 28 minutes ago, Strawberry14 said: Yes! If your school is a member of CGS (council of graduate schools), you're not required to make a decision until April 15, and they cannot revoke the offer or anything like that. Schools should not be pressuring you to make decisions sooner. Unrelated, I just got waitlisted at Oregon State! Congrats! I applied to Oregon State as well! Still waiting to hear from them. Fiction or poetry? Strawberry14 1
Strawberry14 Posted February 19 Posted February 19 @nonsense Fiction! You? The email said "Please know that we don’t have firm rankings on our waitlist, as we’re aiming for a balanced and diverse cohort, so we re-evaluate as we go."
Ogwick Posted February 19 Posted February 19 2 hours ago, MamaCats said: So, Iowa takes a long time. Fiction first this year, and a couple of weeks later, likely Poetry, then NF. And they call at night, on weekends, whenever they have a minute. And if it is anything like last year, we will think they are done, then someone else gets a call. It is a very drawn out process, but they have a lot of people to call! I’m rarely on Facebook / we have Iowa Fiction phone calls and acceptances confirmed today?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now