strawberrymatcha Posted February 20 Posted February 20 manifesting 🕯️news🕯️ today. this silence is not it lol meanwhile, runlolarun, bucket and 3 others 3 3
meanwhile Posted February 20 Posted February 20 26 minutes ago, strawberrymatcha said: manifesting 🕯️news🕯️ today. this silence is not it lol U of Arizona 🕯️ please 🕯️ iamnotapoet, gupppy and greenleaf 2 1
pimpimling Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Hey y'all! (just found this page like two days ago so I'm way behind the curve haha) - At this point, is it fair to assume that all the acceptance calls for Iowa (fiction) have gone out already? it strikes me as odd that out of the 1.5k+ folks in Draft, there's only one spreadsheet entry for the program, but I didn't know Draft existed until literally yesterday, so. Lots of factors, I guess. Anyway, can't start the grieving process until you have something to grieve, so I'm pretty anxious to know and move on... Regardless, I'm glad to be a part of this community! Sending all my well-wishes and manifesting the best for everyone else who's on here ❤️
hermione granger Posted February 20 Posted February 20 23 minutes ago, pimpimling said: Hey y'all! (just found this page like two days ago so I'm way behind the curve haha) - At this point, is it fair to assume that all the acceptance calls for Iowa (fiction) have gone out already? it strikes me as odd that out of the 1.5k+ folks in Draft, there's only one spreadsheet entry for the program, but I didn't know Draft existed until literally yesterday, so. Lots of factors, I guess. Anyway, can't start the grieving process until you have something to grieve, so I'm pretty anxious to know and move on... Regardless, I'm glad to be a part of this community! Sending all my well-wishes and manifesting the best for everyone else who's on here ❤️ iowa fiction acceptance call 3 minutes ago! hold out hope molemola, Strawberry14, Theodosia and 2 others 5
iamnotapoet Posted February 20 Posted February 20 anyone else feeling the weight of why the hell did i think i would get in womanonline, meanwhile, dyedviolet and 6 others 9
XXY Posted February 20 Posted February 20 1 minute ago, iamnotapoet said: anyone else feeling the weight of why the hell did i think i would get in Yeeeeep... runlolarun, Ogwick and iamnotapoet 3
Theodosia Posted February 20 Posted February 20 7 minutes ago, iamnotapoet said: anyone else feeling the weight of why the hell did i think i would get in I've been telling myself all along that I'm not going to get in, but I still had hope somewhere deep down when I applied, you know? I wish I would just get the rejection already so that I don't have to have this horrid final vestige of "what if?" meanwhile, iamnotapoet, womanonline and 3 others 2 4
ocurlyfries Posted February 20 Posted February 20 8 minutes ago, iamnotapoet said: anyone else feeling the weight of why the hell did i think i would get in Yes. One thousand percent yes. I've only gotten rejections (and a few soft-rejections) and I just feel so silly for thinking I could do this. However, I'm trying so hard to remember that a rejection doesn't necessarily mean I'm not good enough; sometimes programs are looking for something else, and that doesn't mean that my writing is bad, just not the right fit. I think it's really important to try to stay positive and hopeful, but it also seems impossible to do so. Anyway, just know you're not alone in feeling like that, and you're certainly not the only person who is going through this horribly disheartening process. small-spiral-lines, marsmentality, lisichka and 7 others 9 1
iamnotapoet Posted February 20 Posted February 20 19 minutes ago, ocurlyfries said: Yes. One thousand percent yes. I've only gotten rejections (and a few soft-rejections) and I just feel so silly for thinking I could do this. However, I'm trying so hard to remember that a rejection doesn't necessarily mean I'm not good enough; sometimes programs are looking for something else, and that doesn't mean that my writing is bad, just not the right fit. I think it's really important to try to stay positive and hopeful, but it also seems impossible to do so. Anyway, just know you're not alone in feeling like that, and you're certainly not the only person who is going through this horribly disheartening process. thank you, it's so hard to think im not a bad writer when all i've been seeing are rejections. trying to stay positive small-spiral-lines, ocurlyfries and dyedviolet 3
strawberrymatcha Posted February 20 Posted February 20 (edited) really just trying to hold onto the “it only takes one” mentality right now… but honestly the one thing giving me hope is that hearing people’s anecdotes and looking at the spreadsheet, while there are definitely people who get acceptances across the board there are also people who only get into iowa! so it’s not over til it’s over Edited February 20 by strawberrymatcha bioluminescent sloth, iamnotapoet, ocurlyfries and 2 others 1 4
Theodosia Posted February 20 Posted February 20 1 hour ago, hermione granger said: iowa fiction acceptance call 3 minutes ago! hold out hope Congratulations!!!!! That is absolutely incredible! May I ask if you got an email/if your acceptance portal has been updated to reflect your acceptance?
iamnotapoet Posted February 20 Posted February 20 i have the urge to share my writing with everyone for people to tell me where i went wrong. i crave a writing group, with people of the same ambitions as me ocurlyfries and orca_lover_19 2
bucket Posted February 20 Posted February 20 5 hours ago, womanonline said: Crossing my fingers that Oregon State CNF waitlists will be today. The fiction and nonfiction acceptances seem to be one day apart, so hoping that the waitlists will be too (fiction waitlists came out yesterday) i’m right here with you!!!!! fingers crossed for us both to hear good news!! womanonline 1
dyedviolet Posted February 20 Posted February 20 28 minutes ago, iamnotapoet said: i have the urge to share my writing with everyone for people to tell me where i went wrong. i crave a writing group, with people of the same ambitions as me I'm right there with you. I know there's weak points in my current project that I'm going to be blind to even if I suddenly gain the best editing skills ever seen on Earth. iamnotapoet 1
LouPatt Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Just got rejected from WashU...still waiting to hear back from JHU, don't understand why rejections are taking so long to come out... Only need to hear from 5 more schools, feeling really bummed and a bit frustrated. Anybody else feeling that way? dyedviolet, j1nju, ocurlyfries and 2 others 3 2
chickennugget7 Posted February 20 Posted February 20 WashU waitlist!!! What’s my shot at getting in off it? MamaCats, small-spiral-lines, meanwhile and 5 others 8
nonsense Posted February 20 Posted February 20 48 minutes ago, chickennugget7 said: WashU waitlist!!! What’s my shot at getting in off it? Was your waitlist in the portal or a separate email? The portal is currently down so I can't see anything!
goodoldneon Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Acceptance! WashU! The entire February feels like dream. I'm so excited and very grateful. meanwhile, j1nju, bucket and 14 others 15 2
bioluminescent sloth Posted February 20 Posted February 20 2 minutes ago, goodoldneon said: Acceptance! WashU! The entire February feels like dream. I'm so excited and very grateful. Congratulations!!!
bioluminescent sloth Posted February 20 Posted February 20 1 hour ago, chickennugget7 said: WashU waitlist!!! What’s my shot at getting in off it? Hey congratulations!!! What genre are you? I am also waitlisted (poetry). I am so happy, as this is tied for my top choice program!!! And even if it doesn't turn into an acceptance, I am proud of us both for making it onto the waitlist, since even that is super competitive! To partially answer your question, I don't know how long the waitlist is, but according to their website they accept 5 people per genre each year. So depending on how many of the 5 accepted in your genre decline their offer, there could definitely be some waitlist movement! 11 minutes ago, nonsense said: Was your waitlist in the portal or a separate email? The portal is currently down so I can't see anything! It was in the portal! MamaCats and Ogwick 2
chickennugget7 Posted February 20 Posted February 20 3 minutes ago, bioluminescent sloth said: Hey congratulations!!! What genre are you? I am also waitlisted (poetry). I am so happy, as this is tied for my top choice program!!! And even if it doesn't turn into an acceptance, I am proud of us both for making it onto the waitlist, since even that is super competitive! To partially answer your question, I don't know how long the waitlist is, but according to their website they accept 5 people per genre each year. So depending on how many of the 5 accepted in your genre decline their offer, there could definitely be some waitlist movement! It was in the portal! I’m fiction! bioluminescent sloth 1
goodoldneon Posted February 20 Posted February 20 17 minutes ago, bioluminescent sloth said: Congratulations!!! Thank you so much! Congratulation to you too!! We may can see each other in st.louis on September bioluminescent sloth and Ogwick 2
nonsense Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Indiana? LBA 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now