barbou Posted March 13 Posted March 13 2 hours ago, SocialKonstruct said: Me. Probably going to Antioch as their faculty has been the most supportive of my writing. Plus I get to keep my day job here in LA. Nice! Yeah, I really enjoyed my conversations with Lisa and Colette. So enthusiastic and helpful. SocialKonstruct 1
Nnenna14 Posted March 13 Posted March 13 On 3/10/2026 at 9:02 PM, Nnenna14 said: I don’t think you should because that one notification is a bit off to me. Firstly, sending acceptances on a Sunday is kinda odd, especially for Brown. Second, Brown isn’t known to stagger their responses at days intervals. It’s been two working days since that acceptance and still crickets. Usually, waitlists and acceptances go out about the same time, and rejections follow shortly after—same day or next day (I know because I was high on the wait list last year. Also, notice that poetry notifications this year followed this pattern). I’ll say until you get a response from them, still hold on to that delulu. Just saying. Quoting this to let everyone know that Brown released a statement on their Literary Arts graduate admissions page stating fiction and cross-disciplinary decisions are yet to go out. It says: Application review update, March 2026 In poetry, offers of admission have been made to five candidates; ten others have been notified that they have been placed on a waitlist. Others, who applied to poetry only, have been notified of the university's regrets; those who have applied in poetry and also applied in another track (fiction and/or digital/cross-disciplinary) will receive word only once admission decisions have been made in all tracks to which they applied. In fiction and digital/cross-disciplinary, the admission review process is still in progress. Once admission recommendations have been made by the department and reviewed by the Graduate School, Brown will notify applicants. ladylilith, rumi77, bucket and 6 others 6 3
lizard in a blizzard Posted March 13 Posted March 13 3 hours ago, Nnenna14 said: Quoting this to let everyone know that Brown released a statement on their Literary Arts graduate admissions page stating fiction and cross-disciplinary decisions are yet to go out. It says: Application review update, March 2026 In poetry, offers of admission have been made to five candidates; ten others have been notified that they have been placed on a waitlist. Others, who applied to poetry only, have been notified of the university's regrets; those who have applied in poetry and also applied in another track (fiction and/or digital/cross-disciplinary) will receive word only once admission decisions have been made in all tracks to which they applied. In fiction and digital/cross-disciplinary, the admission review process is still in progress. Once admission recommendations have been made by the department and reviewed by the Graduate School, Brown will notify applicants. Wow. Such a weird thing for someone to lie about… a crowdsourced spreadsheet for this specific branch of grad school… what’s even the impetus? barbou, imgonnapuke, bioluminescent sloth and 9 others 9 3
kiki.xoxo Posted March 13 Posted March 13 On 3/3/2026 at 1:39 PM, delraiser said: also someone who writes a lot of trans art--- this makes me super nervous. my fiction submission doesn't go into that very much, but it def talks about sexuality. fingers crossed being vocal about it in my writing and my personal statement isn't the reason i'm written off :(( I'm not trans, but in part of my writing sample (I applied in nonfiction) I do talk about being queer (or bi, however people want to label it) and I still got accepted, so maybe not too much of a worry?? westwide2 and dyedviolet 1 1
kiki.xoxo Posted March 13 Posted March 13 I was about to assume University of Idaho as a rejection but saw someone got a nonfiction acceptance yesterday. Maybe it's not time to give up all hope🫠
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS Posted March 13 Posted March 13 32 minutes ago, kiki.xoxo said: I'm not trans, but in part of my writing sample (I applied in nonfiction) I do talk about being queer (or bi, however people want to label it) and I still got accepted, so maybe not too much of a worry?? not dragging at all...but Transness and it's art, reality, materiality are under attack by everyone (Cissexual queers included). I love LOVE my Queer, Bi, and Sexually margined cis siblings, but Trans everything is violently erased and comments like this kinda don't allow that to be it's own thing. I do get relating and trying to ease peoples anxiety, but in a way that anxiety is the root of a Trans life unlivable by a non Trans Queer. also...what a crazy thing about Brown. Like why did they make a statement LOLLL. greenleaf, bluecarpet, barbou and 1 other 1 3
kiki.xoxo Posted March 13 Posted March 13 7 minutes ago, PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS said: not dragging at all...but Transness and it's art, reality, materiality are under attack by everyone (Cissexual queers included). I love LOVE my Queer, Bi, and Sexually margined cis siblings, but Trans everything is violently erased and comments like this kinda don't allow that to be it's own thing. I do get relating and trying to ease peoples anxiety, but in a way that anxiety is the root of a Trans life unlivable by a non Trans Queer. also...what a crazy thing about Brown. Like why did they make a statement LOLLL. I do understand trans is its own category and is more targeted than cis queer people. The only reason I replied to OP is because they said they didn't go too much into trans material in their writing sample but more into sexuality. I was just trying to address that part specifically. Wasn't trying to make a blanket statement about trans art or even address their personal statement, just the writing about sexuality in the writing sample. westwide2 1
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS Posted March 13 Posted March 13 1 minute ago, kiki.xoxo said: I do understand trans is its own category and is more targeted than cis queer people. The only reason I replied to OP is because they said they didn't go too much into trans material in their writing sample but more into sexuality. I was just trying to address that part specifically. Wasn't trying to make a blanket statement about trans art or even address their personal statement, just the writing about sexuality in the writing sample. Ik...they were responding to my Trans post. Trans sexuality and Trans gayness and Trans queerness is still different. Treated different. Worse, even. I did not excuse you of doing anything. I am just a Protective Trans Person. barbou and greenleaf 1 1
quetza1e5 Posted March 13 Posted March 13 I think my last school is BU. I think I still have a last seed of hope, but if it falls through, I'll probably be applying again next cycle!
matchasimsbury Posted March 13 Posted March 13 am i the only one who hasnt heard back from any of the schools i applied to? (granted it's only 3 but still) i feel like i'm losing my mind 😭 quetza1e5 and potentialyeti 2
ketchupoverload Posted March 13 Posted March 13 I just got into Columbia!! I got a phone call from the head of the CNF program letting me know I got in with a huge fellowship!! Now I'm freaking out, though, because she said on the phone that she would email me the second she hung up with more information, but it's been an hour, and I still haven't gotten anything. Should I be worried, or am I overthinking things? Also, my portal hasn't had any updates, and that's stressing me out too... Someone tell me I'm overreacting and that I'm really accepted. bioluminescent sloth, MamaCats, ojo534 and 3 others 6
hermione granger Posted March 13 Posted March 13 2 minutes ago, ketchupoverload said: I just got into Columbia!! I got a phone call from the head of the CNF program letting me know I got in with a huge fellowship!! Now I'm freaking out, though, because she said on the phone that she would email me the second she hung up with more information, but it's been an hour, and I still haven't gotten anything. Should I be worried, or am I overthinking things? Also, my portal hasn't had any updates, and that's stressing me out too... Someone tell me I'm overreacting and that I'm really accepted. baby you just got the call! and its a friday! give it a little bit more time before you get anxious. she probably has other calls to make and approvals or she’s even just polishing up the email for you. wait till evening or even tomorrow morning to follow up. CONGRATS!!!!! ladylilith and dyedviolet 1 1
bbeacham Posted March 13 Posted March 13 I also got a call from the head of the CNF program (Chloe Cooper Jones for those who don't know), and was offered a place and a scholarship!! I sobbed on the phone with her OMG I'm still shaking!!! MamaCats, Strawberry14 and ojo534 3
ketchupoverload Posted March 13 Posted March 13 5 minutes ago, hermione granger said: baby you just got the call! and its a friday! give it a little bit more time before you get anxious. she probably has other calls to make and approvals or she’s even just polishing up the email for you. wait till evening or even tomorrow morning to follow up. CONGRATS!!!!! You are the best ever!!! Thank You!! I'm so excited dyedviolet and hermione granger 2
impatientjoy Posted March 13 Posted March 13 Starting to realize that I most want to go to a program where I’m currently waitlisted! Ahhh!! Ready for waitlist movement MamaCats, bioluminescent sloth, Solin and 3 others 4 2
serenitynow805 Posted March 13 Posted March 13 Hi all!! Has anyone heard from UCI poetry?? I feel like it has been forever! I saw someone say the fiction went out already but Im holding out hope for poetry. Maybe someone on the Draft group can lmk? For some reason my request to join hasnt been accepted Thanks:)
actualair Posted March 13 Posted March 13 SO, I applied to 7, got 6 rejections. But my one acceptance is fully funded and, even though it wasn’t my dream school, feeling grateful and excited for the opportunity! Signed the TA agreement today. Time to read and write! Woo! Keep pushing y’all, you just need one.. gafoo, Strawberry14, greenleaf and 9 others 12
ketchupoverload Posted March 13 Posted March 13 1 hour ago, bbeacham said: I also got a call from the head of the CNF program (Chloe Cooper Jones for those who don't know), and was offered a place and a scholarship!! I sobbed on the phone with her OMG I'm still shaking!!! Have you received an email yet, or any updates to your portal?
Walter Hartwell White Posted March 13 Posted March 13 (edited) So it seems like others for poetry on the draft are finally getting responses besides me with waitlists and rejections coming in for UTK. It does still make me a little confused though, like why it was only my waitlist released sooner and in a portal update when people got an email today? But they did get back to me today when I reached out earlier in the week expressing my interest to stay on the waitlist and my questions, so I am in fact waitlisted, but wondering why that happened! That was partly why. I emailed to make sure it wasn’t a mistake and express interest in staying on it. It was weird though. Especially only to me? Maybe it don’t matter and I’m looking too deep into it lol. But it was interesting that happened! Edited March 13 by Walter Hartwell White Edit: forgot to mention which school. UTK
thrifty3 Posted March 13 Posted March 13 looks like there is one UW Seattle fiction acceptance call on draft. if they really are only accepting 2-3 per genre, then i’m going take this as a rejection! at this point in the process i’m just looking for closure delraiser and numbskull 2
westwide2 Posted March 13 Posted March 13 2 hours ago, serenitynow805 said: Hi all!! Has anyone heard from UCI poetry?? I feel like it has been forever! I saw someone say the fiction went out already but Im holding out hope for poetry. Maybe someone on the Draft group can lmk? For some reason my request to join hasnt been accepted Thanks:) There is one UCI poetry waitlist response from early February. I'm assuming calls from their faculty for acceptances and waitlists are complete.
SocialKonstruct Posted March 13 Posted March 13 21 minutes ago, westwide2 said: There is one UCI poetry waitlist response from early February. I'm assuming calls from their faculty for acceptances and waitlists are complete. Yep all done with UCI now.
GreaterGood Posted March 13 Posted March 13 I do not have facebook either. Can someone please confirm that UC Irvine Fiction shows both acceptances and waitlists have been sent out on the draft? Thank you. Also can someone confirm that UW, Brown and U Miami Fiction has not been notified? Thx.
impatientjoy Posted March 13 Posted March 13 It looks like nc state poetry was just super delayed!! someone just posted in the draft! lisichka and bioluminescent sloth 2
imgonnapuke Posted March 13 Posted March 13 3 hours ago, ketchupoverload said: Have you received an email yet, or any updates to your portal? got a call earlier this morning from leslie and havent gotten an email or portal update yet, seems like most programs have a bit of a lag so im sure itll come soon!! congrats on your acceptance !!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now