womanonline Posted March 12 Posted March 12 GUYSSSSS I JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO FUCKING COLUMBIA!!!!!! Holy shit I don’t know what to do I’m just eating dinner and now what do I do?? Throw up?? strawberrymatcha, dyedviolet, greenleaf and 18 others 21
imgonnapuke Posted March 12 Posted March 12 21 minutes ago, ojo534 said: I’ve literally been losing my mind all week waiting to hear ANYTHING back from NYU about CNF…. Would love if anyone knew anything about nyu cnf specifically nyu cnf is out, 12 people accepted so its smaller than other genres (24 each for poetry and fiction) — from what i gather, they're going to send out more acceptances as people decline the offer! and i dont think waitlists have gone out yet keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!!! seems like so much shakes up/changes between now and april 15th ojo534 and greenleaf 2
imgonnapuke Posted March 12 Posted March 12 20 minutes ago, womanonline said: GUYSSSSS I JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO FUCKING COLUMBIA!!!!!! Holy shit I don’t know what to do I’m just eating dinner and now what do I do?? Throw up?? omg congrats!!!!!! incredible news!!! also for those of us stress sweating....did they call or email?!?! womanonline 1
womanonline Posted March 12 Posted March 12 (edited) 2 hours ago, imgonnapuke said: omg congrats!!!!!! incredible news!!! also for those of us stress sweating....did they call or email?!?! They emailed! They gave a lot of resources to find info about the school and financial aid and housing and offered a call to discuss course formating, etc. It also said in the email "You should've received an email from the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid with a link to formally accept or decline," but I haven't received any other email, so I assume something is still forthcoming. Like a portal update type thing that looks official and such. Edited March 12 by womanonline imgonnapuke and molemola 2
imgonnapuke Posted March 12 Posted March 12 9 minutes ago, womanonline said: They emailed! From Lars Horn. They're offering $25k scholarship!!! They gave a lot of resources to find info about the school and financial aid and housing and offered a call to discuss course formating, etc. It also said in the email "You should've received an email from the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid with a link to formally accept or decline," but I haven't received any other email, so I assume something is still forthcoming. Like a portal update type thing that looks official and such. ah that's amazing!!! also thank you for all this intel 🥹 hoping to get good news too 🤞 dyedviolet and womanonline 2
womanonline Posted March 12 Posted March 12 4 minutes ago, imgonnapuke said: ah that's amazing!!! also thank you for all this intel 🥹 hoping to get good news too 🤞 You're welcome and thank you! I hope you get good news too!! And last intel is that the portal still isn't updated; I just checked. Looks the same as it did before. I'll probably give it a day or so. Should I email him back now or wait until tomorrow?? Seems late for an email, but he emailed me at like 7:30 p.m. his time lol imgonnapuke 1
thrifty3 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 uw prose applicants — someone on draft said they got an email saying uw hoped to release prose decisions within the next week or so. i applied for prose but didn’t get this email. any other uw seattle prose applicants get it? bucket 1
BenAfflecksmokingacigarete Posted March 12 Posted March 12 15 minutes ago, thrifty3 said: uw prose applicants — someone on draft said they got an email saying uw hoped to release prose decisions within the next week or so. i applied for prose but didn’t get this email. any other uw seattle prose applicants get it? I applied to uw prose and didn't get said email either 😕 bucket 1
thrifty3 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 3 minutes ago, BenAfflecksmokingacigarete said: I applied to uw prose and didn't get said email either 😕 It made me wonder if they sent it to people who are for sure going to be accepted/waitlisted when decisions come out?
strawberrymatcha Posted March 12 Posted March 12 56 minutes ago, thrifty3 said: uw prose applicants — someone on draft said they got an email saying uw hoped to release prose decisions within the next week or so. i applied for prose but didn’t get this email. any other uw seattle prose applicants get it? I didn’t either, I’m wondering if they sent an email asking for an update? if not then that does seem like it’s probably a good sign for them! thrifty3 1
wombatcat87 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 6 hours ago, PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS said: is it weird that i had no Brown rejection or anything for poetry but i applied to both the poetry and fiction tracks? like i feel like they are different evals but idk. trying not to read into it — just curious bc it's kinda weird? poetry was the primary genre, too! same boat!
theyearshallrunlikerabbits Posted March 12 Posted March 12 I love how Hopkins just dipped out lol springsaquamarine, arghgradapps, bluecarpet and 1 other 3 1
meanwhile Posted March 12 Posted March 12 Anyone else get an email from Idaho early this morning dated March 12th saying their application is still under department review and that the review “may take up to several months”? Had written Idaho off, but is there still a chance? Wondering if this is just an automated template from the graduate college for anyone with a submitted application that hasn’t yet been rejected… kiki.xoxo 1
barnaclesandbees Posted March 12 Posted March 12 On 3/9/2026 at 2:45 PM, lisichka said: acceptances and waitlists went out for both fiction and poetry, from the end of february to about 3/3 💔 *sigh* I figured. But when will they just put us out of our misery and send the "rejection" emails?? It's my last one and I want the closure
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS Posted March 12 Posted March 12 8 hours ago, wombatcat87 said: same boat! maybe we are baddies? or maybe they're waiting for that sweet, sweet double NO. wombatcat87 1
gafoo Posted March 12 Posted March 12 2 hours ago, meanwhile said: Anyone else get an email from Idaho early this morning dated March 12th saying their application is still under department review and that the review “may take up to several months”? Had written Idaho off, but is there still a chance? Wondering if this is just an automated template from the graduate college for anyone with a submitted application that hasn’t yet been rejected… Yeah, I got this same email on March 4, not sure why they'd even send these out (or why they all seemed to come at different times?). I don't know that it's signal, I think it's just a weird automated thing from the grad school. meanwhile 1
impatientjoy Posted March 12 Posted March 12 At what point are folks assuming rejections from the places you haven’t heard from? A little unsure how late schools truly notify initial acceptances / waitlists ojo534 1
quetza1e5 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 I'm a bit confused by the university of maryland. My status on the portal keeps fluctuating between "under graduate school review" and "under program review" bucket 1
Spicy Potato Posted March 12 Posted March 12 ***manifesting news from NC State and UNCG for poetry*** madsmadsmads and bioluminescent sloth 2
arghgradapps Posted March 12 Posted March 12 still no iowa waitlists? guys I can't believe how drawn out this process has become for so many of the schools I applied to. i thought for sure i'd have heard back from most places by now. it's driving me insane. runlolarun, bluecarpet, madsmadsmads and 1 other 3 1
Solin Posted March 12 Posted March 12 1 hour ago, impatientjoy said: At what point are folks assuming rejections from the places you haven’t heard from? A little unsure how late schools truly notify initial acceptances / waitlists Same 😕 I'm preparing to reapply next year. I was really hoping to get into somewhere––and I did––but the funding is just not enough. I wish past me was more realistic about how much the programs I applied to cost, but c'est la vie. I guess on some level I kinda just thought it would work itself out (I would get a job and apply to scholarships etc), especially if I tried my best on my applications (very naive and unprepared I know I know). But now I'm realizing I don't want to have to work during my MFA just to be able to sustain myself and have access to health insurance :(. It's such a tough decision to turn down my offers, but at least I know what the process is like and how I can move forward for next cycle. The only thing worrying me is getting my recommenders to submit for me again. I feel a bit embarrassed asking them one more time. Is anyone else in a similar boat? The uncertain future is so scary. springsaquamarine 1
greenleaf Posted March 12 Posted March 12 10 minutes ago, Solin said: Same 😕 I'm preparing to reapply next year. I was really hoping to get into somewhere––and I did––but the funding is just not enough. I wish past me was more realistic about how much the programs I applied to cost, but c'est la vie. I guess on some level I kinda just thought it would work itself out (I would get a job and apply to scholarships etc), especially if I tried my best on my applications (very naive and unprepared I know I know). But now I'm realizing I don't want to have to work during my MFA just to be able to sustain myself and have access to health insurance :(. It's such a tough decision to turn down my offers, but at least I know what the process is like and how I can move forward for next cycle. The only thing worrying me is getting my recommenders to submit for me again. I feel a bit embarrassed asking them one more time. Is anyone else in a similar boat? The uncertain future is so scary. definitely relate. i've learned next cycle i'll only apply to fully-funded programs to make sure the mfa can be dedicated to writing. also nervous about asking my recommenders again. i think i might change one of them out. of the other two, i think they'll be supportive. one of them didn't get into her mfa until the second round and had already been telling me to look at different schools next year. tho i'm not sure what ur recommenders backgrounds are, if theyre writers they understand that applying multiple years is not uncommon for the mfa! and if they're not, theyre human, and it wouldn't hurt explaining your reasoning--your clarity around your priorities is more than reason enough springsaquamarine and Solin 2
bioluminescent sloth Posted March 12 Posted March 12 39 minutes ago, Spicy Potato said: ***manifesting news from NC State and UNCG for poetry*** Me tooo I feel like it could be any day now! Spicy Potato 1
Solin Posted March 12 Posted March 12 You're so right greenleaf, thank you! Best of luck to you and your MFA journey! greenleaf 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now