arghgradapps Posted March 9 Posted March 9 hi i have a question about emailing waitlisted programs - i see people say that in your follow-up emails you should ask questions but I dont know what kinds of questions to ask. to be honest ive done a lot of research into the programs and feel like i dont have any burning questions. i do really want to ask about the waitlist though LOL but is it acceptable to just ask about that? quetza1e5, bioluminescent sloth, bucket and 2 others 4 1
Wittosss Posted March 9 Posted March 9 (edited) Any news from Columbia? I’m starting to tweak I can’t hold it together anymore💀 Edited March 9 by Wittosss BowelMovement and julesr 2
tonybump Posted March 9 Posted March 9 When is UNLV fiction gonna drop 😭🙏 potentialyeti, nonsense, julesr and 2 others 3 2
Nnenna14 Posted March 9 Posted March 9 2 hours ago, rumi77 said: One Brown fiction acceptance dropped in the draft yesterday but crickets since. If I don't hear back today should I just assume a rejection? I really don’t know what to think as Brown’s responses usually go out at very close intervals for both tracks. Poetry waitlists went out on the 5th and rejections went out the next day. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
ojo534 Posted March 9 Posted March 9 Anything on the draft for Hunter poetry? Have interview requests been sent out yet? Just wondering in case I can get my hopes up
asm0deus Posted March 9 Posted March 9 5 minutes ago, ojo534 said: Anything on the draft for Hunter poetry? Have interview requests been sent out yet? Just wondering in case I can get my hopes up looks like an interview on 2/24 then a waitlist on 2/25 ojo534 1
bbeacham Posted March 9 Posted March 9 1 hour ago, Wittosss said: Any news from Columbia? I’m starting to tweak I can’t hold it together anymore💀 I'm in the same boat. I know that for CNF, they start making calls around this time in March. I'm anxiously waiting by my phone!
barnaclesandbees Posted March 9 Posted March 9 (edited) HALP, someone else has been asking this, but no answers yet: Have UT Austin's NWP Fiction acceptances and waitlists gone out? I've seen people post about them but I don't know if that's for poetry or fiction. Anyone gotten rejections yet? I'm dying from the ringing silence. Oh, and I have no access to the fb spreadsheet that might answer my questions Edited March 9 by barnaclesandbees
lisichka Posted March 9 Posted March 9 25 minutes ago, barnaclesandbees said: HALP, someone else has been asking this, but no answers yet: Have UT Austin's NWP Fiction acceptances and waitlists gone out? I've seen people post about them but I don't know if that's for poetry or fiction. Anyone gotten rejections yet? I'm dying from the ringing silence. Oh, and I have no access to the fb spreadsheet that might answer my questions acceptances and waitlists went out for both fiction and poetry, from the end of february to about 3/3 💔
impatientjoy Posted March 9 Posted March 9 It seems like CU Boulder reached out to folks but maybe don’t have as much capacity for funding this year?
potentialyeti Posted March 9 Posted March 9 (edited) 3 hours ago, tonybump said: When is UNLV fiction gonna drop 😭🙏 Would also like to know this for poetry; currently standing at one rejection, one waitlist, and one still pending (UNLV). STRESS. Edit to add: Stalking last year's results only tells me that they're running late. Looks like Draft has responses starting in mid-Feb from them last year. Edited March 9 by potentialyeti
actualair Posted March 9 Posted March 9 Another NYU poetry acceptance dropped today. I wonder if it’s just a late report or there’s still hope.. bluecarpet, quetza1e5 and ojo534 3
Walter Hartwell White Posted March 9 Posted March 9 I got a UTK waitlist just now and a VCU waitlist. Fingers crossed for reals. Makes me feel like I have a chance just wonder if I should have applied to different schools lol. like what if my sample hit more at a school I never even applied to type deal? quetza1e5, lisichka, MamaCats and 1 other 3 1
thrifty3 Posted March 9 Posted March 9 anyone waiting to hear from uw seattle, saint mary’s of ca, or u of oregon? samura, delraiser and bucket 2 1
frootkoops36 Posted March 9 Posted March 9 17 minutes ago, thrifty3 said: anyone waiting to hear from uw seattle, saint mary’s of ca, or u of oregon? I’m waiting on UW!! thrifty3 and samura 1 1
strawberrymatcha Posted March 9 Posted March 9 uw and u of oregon for me!! last year I think they notified late for unlv fiction (like end of march??) so I’m wondering if they’re going to follow that again thrifty3 and samura 1 1
WorldlyChoice2943 Posted March 9 Posted March 9 In case any one was waiting for it, Stegner Fellowship rejections just dropped on the portal!
hermione granger Posted March 9 Posted March 9 1 hour ago, Walter Hartwell White said: I got a UTK waitlist just now and a VCU waitlist. Fingers crossed for reals. Makes me feel like I have a chance just wonder if I should have applied to different schools lol. like what if my sample hit more at a school I never even applied to type deal? congrats!!! adding schools to your list is one of the perks of applying multiple years i guess... i got positive responses from my lower choices while still waiting for my top ones but i'm realizing i skipped out on a lot of schools i would have matched better with just because i didn't apply to them LOL. now i'm wondering if it would be insane to apply a second year for places i'd be more passionate about with better fits/locations/etc lisichka and Walter Hartwell White 2
greenleaf Posted March 9 Posted March 9 2 hours ago, actualair said: Another NYU poetry acceptance dropped today. I wonder if it’s just a late report or there’s still hope.. i think NYU has yet to send out non-fellowship acceptances (or maybe i'm just telling myself that to hold onto hope) gupppy 1
delraiser Posted March 9 Posted March 9 1 hour ago, thrifty3 said: anyone waiting to hear from uw seattle, saint mary’s of ca, or u of oregon? i'm waiting on uw and u of o! samura and thrifty3 1 1
BowelMovement Posted March 9 Posted March 9 (edited) 17 minutes ago, greenleaf said: i think NYU has yet to send out non-fellowship acceptances (or maybe i'm just telling myself that to hold onto hope) If by fellowship you mean the full funding positions I think they've sent out both? I got the generic acceptance email that says funding info would be released this week, and I'm pretty sure I don't have the full funding package (as much as I'm feining for one right now) because from what I've read online they always call those people first thing (and they did a while back according to the sheets). Edited March 9 by BowelMovement greenleaf, 32geckos and AustWriter 1 2
thrifty3 Posted March 9 Posted March 9 @delraiser @frootkoops36 @strawberrymatcha fingers crossed we get decisions this week! strawberrymatcha, delraiser and samura 2 1
BowelMovement Posted March 9 Posted March 9 @jka0124 Hi Jess! If you don't mind me asking, did you get a call from NYU MFA when you got accepted? I'm only curious because I saw in the FB discussion that you mentioned a 28k package that you got, but then this other NYU student said that the standard funding is only half tuition remission (I'm assuming no stipend). So now I'm wondering if I still have a chance of getting a package like yours if I didn't get the call but only received the email (also, was this half tuition remission + 28k stipend or full tuition remission + 28k stipend?) This is a huge issue for me, as I'm sure it is for many others, because I won't be able to attend if I only get half remission...You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable though! AustWriter 1
KYoon Posted March 9 Posted March 9 I need a sanity check... I applied to on-campus and distance learning programs at the same school, and got accepted for the on-campus with funding but crickets so far on the distance learning. I have to respond to the on-campus program in a couple of weeks. Draft shows acceptances went out for the distance learning program last week. Is there any harm to following up with the distance learning program? I'm not waitlisted or anything. IDK, I'm starting to get anxiety about finances and would love the distance learning option.
SleepingBadly Posted March 10 Posted March 10 5 hours ago, barnaclesandbees said: HALP, someone else has been asking this, but no answers yet: Have UT Austin's NWP Fiction acceptances and waitlists gone out? I've seen people post about them but I don't know if that's for poetry or fiction. Anyone gotten rejections yet? I'm dying from the ringing silence. Oh, and I have no access to the fb spreadsheet that might answer my questions I got a fiction waitlist last monday if thats at all helpful
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now