itsgivingliterary Posted January 19 Posted January 19 anyone else see the ohio state fiction notification on draft? someone says they were accepted via text on saturday, which seems a little weird, but maybe I'm just trying to stay hopeful lmao
asm0deus Posted January 19 Posted January 19 23 minutes ago, itsgivingliterary said: anyone else see the ohio state fiction notification on draft? someone says they were accepted via text on saturday, which seems a little weird, but maybe I'm just trying to stay hopeful lmao I saw, was wondering the same thing... in past years, they always did acceptances one day, and waitlists the next, then rejections a day or so later. So Saturday just seems odd, since nothing else has gone out since. guess we'll see tomorrow?
lisichka Posted January 20 Posted January 20 4 hours ago, itsgivingliterary said: anyone else see the ohio state fiction notification on draft? someone says they were accepted via text on saturday, which seems a little weird, but maybe I'm just trying to stay hopeful lmao I also thought that was weird (especially the text message part)! So many people apply to Ohio State—only one entry on the Notification Data sheet does not signal to me that Saturday was the acceptance day, so as @asm0deus said, we'll see tomorrow!
flyingfry Posted January 20 Posted January 20 9 hours ago, itsgivingliterary said: anyone else see the ohio state fiction notification on draft? someone says they were accepted via text on saturday, which seems a little weird, but maybe I'm just trying to stay hopeful lmao hi! that was me. i was pretty surprised lol, but i woke up to a text from the program director congratulating me. i was told i’d receive an email if i hadn’t already, but i still haven’t gotten one. i got a second text from another faculty member later in the same day. i haven’t heard about anyone else receiving an acceptance, though! Chex, gafoo, C.B. and 4 others 7
gafoo Posted January 20 Posted January 20 Well we've finally got a second OSU result rolling into the draft sheet... sort of surprised that it's just the one so far? It seems like they've usually been dumped out in closely-timed batches historically. Definitely adding to my anxiety lol
lisichka Posted January 20 Posted January 20 2 minutes ago, gafoo said: Well we've finally got a second OSU result rolling into the draft sheet... sort of surprised that it's just the one so far? It seems like they've usually been dumped out in closely-timed batches historically. Definitely adding to my anxiety lol Like flyingfry, that one is also a text message from 1/17 and presumably no official email yet though! flyingfry and gafoo 2
HalBear Posted January 20 Posted January 20 (edited) I really just have something so funny to say and I think you all can relate. I've reread my application writing sample multiple times and there are days where I just want to crawl into a hole and never come out because I just think it is so horrible and childish and immature. Then there are days (like today) where I think to myself that there's no way that I get rejected because I have talent and my work is intelligent and nuanced. I don't know which feeling will appear until I get to the document. Am I insane. Edited January 20 by HalBear lisichka 1
itsgivingliterary Posted January 20 Posted January 20 14 hours ago, flyingfry said: hi! that was me. i was pretty surprised lol, but i woke up to a text from the program director congratulating me. i was told i’d receive an email if i hadn’t already, but i still haven’t gotten one. i got a second text from another faculty member later in the same day. i haven’t heard about anyone else receiving an acceptance, though! omg congratulations! I find it so funny that they texted you guys--I'd assume I was getting pranked lol lisichka, gm3, flyingfry and 1 other 2 2
strawberrymatcha Posted January 20 Posted January 20 15 minutes ago, HalBear said: I really just have something so funny to say and I think you all can relate. I've reread my application writing sample multiple times and there are days where I just want to crawl into a hole and never come out because I just think it is so horrible and childish and immature. Then there are days (like today) where I think to myself that there's no way that I get rejected because I have talent and my work is intelligent and nuanced. I don't know which feeling will appear until I get to the document. Am I insane. I totally feel this too, it was especially bad when revising my sample for the January deadlines! just gotta trust the positive brain days🤞🏼 also, congrats to everyone with the acceptances!! HalBear 1
lisichka Posted January 20 Posted January 20 59 minutes ago, HalBear said: I really just have something so funny to say and I think you all can relate. I've reread my application writing sample multiple times and there are days where I just want to crawl into a hole and never come out because I just think it is so horrible and childish and immature. Then there are days (like today) where I think to myself that there's no way that I get rejected because I have talent and my work is intelligent and nuanced. I don't know which feeling will appear until I get to the document. Am I insane. This is so relatable HAHA HalBear 1
womanonline Posted January 20 Posted January 20 35 minutes ago, lisichka said: Wow, another day without Ohio State notifs? Can it be? I find this so odd with the Draft’s statistics on when they typically release decisions and how. The text messages especially seem strange; I also would think it was a scam or something. I’m holding out hope that I still got in since I’m CNF lisichka 1
girlwiththegreenribbon Posted January 21 Posted January 21 39 minutes ago, womanonline said: Ohio State CNF waitlist has hit the draft hi! i just joined draft (i’m also new to FB and made it just to join draft) and was wondering where can i check to see the waitlists/acceptances?
womanonline Posted January 21 Posted January 21 1 minute ago, girlwiththegreenribbon said: hi! i just joined draft (i’m also new to FB and made it just to join draft) and was wondering where can i check to see the waitlists/acceptances? Search “draft notifications” and it’ll be a post from Jess! The first comment is to submit a notification to the spreadsheet and the second comment is the actual spreadsheet! girlwiththegreenribbon 1
gafoo Posted January 21 Posted January 21 1 hour ago, womanonline said: Ohio State CNF waitlist has hit the draft Lol, that was me. It came in this morning as an email with a doc attached. My portal still shows as "In Review" though. So... anybody have any idea how "short and selective" their waitlist actually is? strawberrymatcha 1
womanonline Posted January 21 Posted January 21 My Ohio State decision was in my portal (rejection) for anyone that wants to check. Says email will come later
lisichka Posted January 21 Posted January 21 6 minutes ago, womanonline said: My Ohio State decision was in my portal (rejection) for anyone that wants to check. Says email will come later Mine was too
Hmax Posted January 21 Posted January 21 I requested to get on the Facebook Draft a while ago, and it’s still pending. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?
strawberrymatcha Posted January 22 Posted January 22 did anyone else get an email from UNLV stating that their application was under review? I’m guessing it’s just a generic status update but I wasn’t expecting one so early!
vilum Posted January 22 Posted January 22 5 hours ago, strawberrymatcha said: did anyone else get an email from UNLV stating that their application was under review? I’m guessing it’s just a generic status update but I wasn’t expecting one so early! hi! i received a similar email in december after i had uploaded all my application materials and my last rec letter came in strawberrymatcha 1
gafoo Posted January 22 Posted January 22 I see on Draft that two users have gotten interview setup emails for Nonfiction at U Pitt... if I didn't get any email, I'm assuming that means I didn't make the first round for the program? Only asking because I didn't even know Pitt did interviews. Do all students who eventually get accepted go through an interview? Anyone have insight into whether these requests are generally sent out in batches by genre?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now