UT Austin

This is my top choice, a total reach, and I'm kind of a mess waiting on the decision. If I get into UT, I get to stay in Austin with my significant other. If I get in nowhere I can also stay here if I like. If I get in to another school, I have to move.

Last year they started notifying around February 18th. Anyway, just wanted to have a pity-party with anyone else waiting on this program.

This is my top choice, a total reach, and I'm kind of a mess waiting on the decision. If I get into UT, I get to stay in Austin with my significant other. If I get in nowhere I can also stay here if I like. If I get in to another school, I have to move.

Last year they started notifying around February 18th. Anyway, just wanted to have a pity-party with anyone else waiting on this program.

I also applied to UT-Austin (specifically to their Digital Literatures and Literacies program) and I, too, am still awaiting a response. Hang in there! I'm sending good vibes your way!

Yeah, I got that email as well, but it says: "Professors on the admissions committee will be making admission,

denial, and wait-list decisions by the end of February 2011. If you have not heard from us by March 1, 2011, please contact me

through e-mail." I'm hoping this means that a lot of the notification will happen toward the end of February (hopefully the last couple weeks) and that not hearing by March 1 would be an unusual circumstance.

Can I safely assume that you received these e-mails in response to inquiries? I haven't heard anything since before they began the review process.

No I didn't, I just got an email randomly. BUT. I want to stress that I'm positive that if you didn't get it, it doesn't mean anything, assuming your application was complete and everything. If you'll see in the Wisconsin thread, some people were kind of freaking out because they didn't recieve an anagalous email about knowing by Feb. 14. I got the email and others didn't and I got rejected. It means nothing; it's random.

This was one of my top choices too. That early deadline snuck up on me and I rushed to clean up my writing samples, inevitably making a bunch of errors in my second sample. And I've been lamenting that fact for two and a half months. I want in to UT so baaaaaaad.

19th century American lit. It's not a perfect fit but I would DIE if I got in.

As I write this I have to wonder if these demi-gods who decide the rest of our lives ever check out this website for a cruel chuckle....

blink.gif

This was one of my top choices too. That early deadline snuck up on me and I rushed to clean up my writing samples, inevitably making a bunch of errors in my second sample. And I've been lamenting that fact for two and a half months. I want in to UT so baaaaaaad.

19th century American lit. It's not a perfect fit but I would DIE if I got in.

As I write this I have to wonder if these demi-gods who decide the rest of our lives ever check out this website for a cruel chuckle....

blink.gif

I had the same problem with the early deadline; I submitted sub-par documents too, but once they were edited, I sent in my edited documents, and the program coordinator replaced the ones I submitted initially. VERY nice woman, from my email correspondence with her. Keeping digits crossed!

• 2 weeks later...