UT Austin

Group yoga sounds great--or group drinking. Who else will be checking their e-mail every five minutes today because of the posted acceptance?

Congrats to the admit!

Or group screaming into oblivion. . . ;)

Group yoga sounds great--or group drinking. Who else will be checking their e-mail every five minutes today because of the posted acceptance?

Congrats to the admit!

Or group chocolate binge.

Someone should warn first-time grad school applicants about the dangers of the process: weight gain, alcoholism, insomnia, situational OCD, manic mood swings, etc.

Edited by gradgirlwannabe

I really wish we could ask the one accepted person if it was a personal email or a mass email. If it was a mass email, then we were probably rejected or waitlisted. Otherwise, still hope.

Or group chocolate binge.

Someone should warn first-time grad school applicants about the dangers of the process: weight gain, alcoholism, insomnia, situational OCD, manic mood swings, etc.

FUck! Did you see that post about 27k for the first year?! Let's hope there are more offers and that was just a huge fellowship. . .

That's got to include a fellowship. Congrats to those accepted. Anyone want to claim them? I'm curious if the two who were accepted have seen a change on the website. Mine still says "forwarded to receiving institution."

Wait, mine says something different: it says "forwarded to committee for review." Does yours not say that?

That's got to include a fellowship. Congrats to those accepted. Anyone want to claim them? I'm curious if the two who were accepted have seen a change on the website. Mine still says "forwarded to receiving institution."

Wait, mine says something different: it says "forwarded to committee for review." Does yours not say that?

No, same thing. I quoted from the ApplyTexas site, but UT EID thing says "forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

Edit: On another note, you cannot imagine the number of times I've checked to make sure they have my correct e-mail address. Or maybe you can....

Edited by gradgirlwannabe

Looks like there are two admits now.

That amount of money is MASSIVE for an English program . . . just, wow.

My status is still the same. They must be sending out more admits, though! They usually accept quite a few, it seems from last year and from 2009.

How many does UT Austin accept? I have been trying to figure this out.

Looks like there are two admits now.

That amount of money is MASSIVE for an English program . . . just, wow.

My status is still the same. They must be sending out more admits, though! They usually accept quite a few, it seems from last year and from 2009.

How many does UT Austin accept? I have been trying to figure this out.

Apparently around 20 last year, I heard? More than a lot of schools do, although naturally they're swamped with applications, too.

I hope they get all the notifications out quickly. Like ripping off a bandaid.

I can. My phone broke on Friday. I had an acceptance call. I didn't see the voicemail until Saturday when my phone started working again. It was unfortunate since I was also rejected somewhere on Friday; knowing about the acceptance really would have made the day better--so, yes, complete understanding. My ApplyTexas says the same thing, just checked.

No, same thing. I quoted from the ApplyTexas site, but UT EID thing says "forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

Edit: On another note, you cannot imagine the number of times I've checked to make sure they have my correct e-mail address. Or maybe you can....

20/x is probably better odds than 8/300 or more (Stanford), for sure, yet I wish I knew how many applications they get.

Apparently around 20 last year, I heard? More than a lot of schools do, although naturally they're swamped with applications, too.

I hope they get all the notifications out quickly. Like ripping off a bandaid.

Nope, not to UTA. I realize my response was ambiguous--I was talking about another school.

Cicada, did you get accepted to UTA? Or was the acceptance elsewhere? I sure wish those two who posted admits would share some info on here. . .Congrats to them as well.