UT Austin

That does help, only that my application status page is NOT updated. I have checked several times today. But congratulations on getting in!

Maybe this will help a little bit as far as UT goes--

I'm one of those who were admitted. I received an email from Dr Wayne Lesser, the Graduate Advisor, notifying my of my acceptance, and then I also got an email from the UT Office of Admissions today directing me to the Application Status Check page (https://utdirect.ute...tatus_check.WBX). (It was, indeed, updated. I checked just to make triple sure I was actually in!)

The email (which sounds exactly like the email BeeRuckus mentioned receiving--must be a form email) asks for a reply by the end of this week (Feb 25) about whether or not I will be able to make it to the visiting weekend at the end of March. Seems to me like that deadline might indicate something... I think it's safe to assume all the acceptances went out at once, since we're being asked to reply with such little turnaround. Email also mentioned that "fewer than one in twenty applicants" were recommended for admission, in case that helps anybody with the numbers game.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Maybe they need a quick response because they are trying to estimate how many applicants to wait-list.

I'm one of those who were admitted. I received an email from Dr Wayne Lesser, the Graduate Advisor, notifying my of my acceptance, and then I also got an email from the UT Office of Admissions today directing me to the Application Status Check page (https://utdirect.ute...tatus_check.WBX). (It was, indeed, updated. I checked just to make triple sure I was actually in!)

The email (which sounds exactly like the email BeeRuckus mentioned receiving--must be a form email) asks for a reply by the end of this week (Feb 25) about whether or not I will be able to make it to the visiting weekend at the end of March. Seems to me like that deadline might indicate something... I think it's safe to assume all the acceptances went out at once, since we're being asked to reply with such little turnaround. Email also mentioned that "fewer than one in twenty applicants" were recommended for admission, in case that helps anybody with the numbers game.

Mine isn't updated, either. That stinks about them all going out at once; I guess I can assume that I'm not admitted.

Pretty big downer since this was my top choice.

I don't think it's over yet. I think what this tells us is they've identified who they'd like to invite to the weekend (was it paid?), but it's still a little early to say that it's all over. I would imagine that's why the fast turnaround-- so they can invite others to the weekend if somebody declines?

Or maybe not.

But super hearty congratulations to BeeRuckus and giaour!

I'm one of those who were admitted. I received an email from Dr Wayne Lesser, the Graduate Advisor, notifying me of my acceptance, and then I also got an email from the UT Office of Admissions today directing me to the Application Status Check page (https://utdirect.ute...tatus_check.WBX). (It was, indeed, updated. I checked just to make triple sure I was actually in!)

Congrats on your admit! I hear Austin is an awesome place to live. But I do sincerely hope they have not finished notifying....:( The number of acceptances on the board definately does not reflect the number of students UT supposedly admits...

To the earlier poster, yes, the visit is paid. I don't know if that means anything one way or the other, but I know what it's like to be hearing crickets from a school when you see other acceptances posted, so I'm happy to share any bit of info I have. :)

To the earlier poster, yes, the visit is paid. I don't know if that means anything one way or the other, but I know what it's like to be hearing crickets from a school when you see other acceptances posted, so I'm happy to share any bit of info I have. :)

Thanks so much-- and congratulations! And meanwhile, I got another acceptance out of the blue tonight, so I can't complain at all.

So that tells me that they were perhaps hoping to invite other people to a paid visit if anyone declines. That might be why (as an earlier poster mentioned) they expected to have two dates for acceptances. I'm not discounting you yet, UT-Austin.

I agree with you. If applicants decline the paid visit by the end of this week, then the committee will offer the paid visit to others on Monday, Feb. 28 (the decision date according to an e-mail the Graduate Coordinator sent to me). This makes some sense to me, so I am just going to stop waiting and expect to hear one way or the other on Monday.

Thanks so much-- and congratulations! And meanwhile, I got another acceptance out of the blue tonight, so I can't complain at all.

So that tells me that they were perhaps hoping to invite other people to a paid visit if anyone declines. That might be why (as an earlier poster mentioned) they expected to have two dates for acceptances. I'm not discounting you yet, UT-Austin.

Edited by cicada123

I agree with you. If applicants decline the paid visit by the end of this week, then the committee will offer the paid visit to others on Monday, Feb. 28 (the decision date according to an e-mail the Graduate Coordinator sent to me). This makes some sense to me, so I am just going to stop waiting and expect to hear one way or the other on Monday.

Sometimes I see what could possibly be illogical reasoning on this forum (which is sometimes necessary to soothe anxiety), but I think this is a perfectly logical assumption to make. And besides, the grad coordinator said back in January that we could e-mail her if we don't hear by March 1. So another week either way. fingers crossed.

Congrats on your other acceptance!

I am sorry about your rejection. I hope you have gotten in or do get in somewhere that is a good fit for you. Could you tell us what the e-mail said? Did it look like a form e-mail, and did it seem like it just went to applicants in the digital literacies program? Also, at what time did you receive the e-mail?

:( WaaWaaaaa... Just received a rejection email from UT Austin today. I was applying for the digital literacies program. Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back and congrats to those who were accepted.

Augustquail, I am sorry about your rejection. Don't lose hope. Can you tell me, though, what concentration you applied for?

quote name='augustquail' timestamp='1298496815' post='203273']

Crap! I just got the rejection email. This sucks. I'm starting to lose hope!!!!!

Yeah, I'm compulsively checking, too. Nothing yet, but I have an "S" name.

Shit, you guys. It stinks to get that email or letter even when you know it's coming.

I'm an "M." Maybe something will come one way or the other (for this and the other 7 schools) soon. The waiting game is for the birds!

My last name starts with a "K." Anyone with a "K" last name or after K already receive an e-mail?

Yeah, I'm compulsively checking, too. Nothing yet, but I have an "S" name.

Shit, you guys. It stinks to get that email or letter even when you know it's coming.