UT Austin

I emailed her. But I doubt she will get back to me before I find out the decision in some other way.

quote name='tortola23' timestamp='1298578376' post='204311']

I'd just wait it out. It definitely looks like they're on schedule to let us all know by March 1st like they promised. Although, if I were on campus I don't know if I'd be able to resist the temptation to burst in there and find out!

I go to UT for my undergrad. Should I just go in to ask the Program Coordinator at this point? What do you guys think?

I've had to fight the temptation to go asking myself - I feel like I would just be bothering people or that it would be awkward to ask. But since you already have, let us know if you hear anything! :D I'm hoping that the whole "RSVP by the 25th was so they could send out a second round on the 28th" theory is correct. It still doesn't leave me very optimistic - and it doesn't making the waiting any easier.

I emailed the grad coordinator today to update my address, and she said decisions would be made "this week." I take that to mean by the end of the day tomorrow, unless they're going to contact people on Saturday (stranger things have happened).

Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Jesus Christ. This is driving me nuts.

I emailed the grad coordinator today to update my address, and she said decisions would be made "this week." I take that to mean by the end of the day tomorrow, unless they're going to contact people on Saturday (stranger things have happened).

I wonder why she did not email me back.

quote name='byronlover' timestamp='1298585198' post='204516']

I am beginning to jump to conclusions. Tomorrow is the last day of releasing decisions; it is also the day by which the accepted must accept or decline the visit invitation. And I have not been rejected yet. I should stop guessing, but I am tempted.

Wait, where did we get the info that today is that last day for decisions? Is this speculation or did I miss some crucial info?

A previous poster had heard that decisions would be made by the end of the week.

But really, I'm just speculating here. Maybe we do this Monday. I don't know anymore.

Rejected. What is truly interesting, and which has already been noted, is that the rejection was a form letter. And yet, they seem to be staggering the rejection notifications. Any thoughts on the method to this madness?

I just got my rejection e-mail from the department. It said much of the usual - that there were many qualified applicants, that it was a difficult decision, and that they wished me luck. However, the e-mail said that they did not give out statistical information about how many were admitted or reasons for their admissions decisions.

It's a blow, but I was bracing for the worst since I'd heard nothing on Monday. Best of luck to those still waiting, though, since there might still be a waiting list.

I just got my rejection e-mail from the department. It said much of the usual - that there were many qualified applicants, that it was a difficult decision, and that they wished me luck. However, the e-mail said that they did not give out statistical information about how many were admitted or reasons for their admissions decisions.

It's a blow, but I was bracing for the worst since I'd heard nothing on Monday. Best of luck to those still waiting, though, since there might still be a waiting list.

Really sorry to hear this. I'm sure I'll be joining you soon since this was a real long shot for me.