Animal Companions

Mrs. Grad

This is my kitty Jynx (hence my forum username). I've had him since he was a kitten, and he'll be turning 12 next month. He's seen me through a lot, not the least of which has been the admissions process. He's actually sitting on my lap as I type this :)

jynxcage.jpgjynxball.jpg

And here is Logan...my fiance and I adopted him a little over a year ago. He's a big silly goofball who makes me laugh every day.

logani.jpglogancute.jpg

Hi tolstoy, thanks for sharing this! We had a German Shepherd/Border Collie mix, Koko. She looked a lot like your Danny. Koko frequently "ra roo-ed" (we called it that because it sounded more like talking than the usual bark). Just curious, does Danny do that too? I saw Koko's likeness in Danny.:D I'm sure Danny is a good boy, and I hope he gives you many more years of "puppy love!"

This is my Border Collie/Sheltie mix, Danny. He's a control freak too, so I feel like on some level, he empathizes with me. However, he gets to bark out his frustrations, whereas I do not.

Aww I love this thread!

This is Buddha, aka the Chaquito Puppito, Buddha-Pest, Povre Bete, and/or Comrade Budka. We have no idea what the hell kind of mix he is, but I think he's pretty adorable. biggrin.gif

27216876005984928107242.jpg

And because he's pretty cute when he sleeps....

20564858818748288107242.jpg

He gets all irked when I'm on the computer too long and attacks me. :D

He looks to be part Chow, if that helps. My family had them growing up, is his tongue purple/bluish? Or does it have purple/blue spots?

He looks to be part Chow, if that helps. My family had them growing up, is his tongue purple/bluish? Or does it have purple/blue spots?

Funny, because I was going to say some sort of pug/Pomeranian cross. A little small to be a chow mix. Fun fact of the day: Chows aren't the only breed of dog that have dark-colored tongues or tongue spots. There are over thirty pure dog breeds that are known to have blue/black tongues or dark tongue spots, and the trait shows up in mutts all the time.

I adopted Dez a few days after I finished all my applications. I needed someone to go through all these changes with. He's my best friend. I don't like my living situations (5 females under 21, do the math) so he's really my only thing making me happy right now. Especially because I'm expecting rejections for 3 of my schools now.

From the shelter:

jhahw8.jpg

2h81fsm.jpg

qmylud.jpg

Edited by warpspeed

Ooh... they do look like they could be siblings--is he a labrador/springer X too? I can definitely see the springer, in the ears, but i'm not really seeing lab...

springer spaniel/setter/border collie/flat-coated retriever or lab--and possibly some other breeds . . .

Funny, because I was going to say some sort of pug/Pomeranian cross. A little small to be a chow mix. Fun fact of the day: Chows aren't the only breed of dog that have dark-colored tongues or tongue spots. There are over thirty pure dog breeds that are known to have blue/black tongues or dark tongue spots, and the trait shows up in mutts all the time.

Nah, his tongue isn't dark colored--it's pretty pink. We got him from a woman who didn't know much about him but who thought he was a pug/pom mix as well, but we've seen other pug/poms and they don't look quite like him. However, some of the Pekingese/pom mixes look more like him so we've kind of just gone with that...sometimes we think he might be part chihuahua too, but really, no idea haha

26051_399347542776_700817776_3681276_3431213_n.jpg

Image not posed. He usually sleeps holding on to something.

10863_1055775771361_1734863544_116450_19608_n.jpg

Mr. Shaggy, Shaggers, Shag, etc, etc.

I adopted Shaggy a year and a half ago, after I bought a puppy who died 2 weeks later. Shaggy has brightened my life in so many ways. He is such a faithful companion, he is here next to me, watching me procrastinate. Shaggy has seen me stress out, panic, cry, but he always manages to put a smile on my face! :lol:

Edited by heelsoverhead

This thread is too cute!

Because my camera does not take fish tank pictures very well, I can't include a picture of my betta fish, De Gualle. He's red with white edges on his fins though. While not fuzzy, he does swim over to me if I get near his tank. I also get to play with other people's pets, which helps!

I have plants. Does that count?

I say yes! I talk to my plants and some of them have names, so I say they count.

Hi tolstoy, thanks for sharing this! We had a German Shepherd/Border Collie mix, Koko. She looked a lot like your Danny. Koko frequently "ra roo-ed" (we called it that because it sounded more like talking than the usual bark). Just curious, does Danny do that too? I saw Koko's likeness in Danny.:D I'm sure Danny is a good boy, and I hope he gives you many more years of "puppy love!"

Thanks! Danny's got a very stereotypical "woof", and a rather piercing one at that. He's 14 and still acts like a crazed puppy most of the time, so I think (and hope!) that he's going to be around for a while longer.