Waiting it Out on Canadian Universities

NoMoreABD

I got e-mail from SFU that they are still reviewing my application. hah !

and Uni of Alberta told me that I will get the Final decision at Last week of this month, which will obviously a rejection as I just found out that some one with 2 conference papers+2 years of research experience + 1 year of Industrial experience got rejected from the ECE dept. of Alberta for Fall 2011!

Diav, did you know you had been admited before the call?

Yes, I knew I was unofficially admitted before I called, but that was only through the professor. I hadn't heard anything from the graduate office at all before and after I submitted my application (in December)... so I called to double check my status. The lady asked me for my name and told me that I'm admitted and will get my letter some time this week...

Checked the mailbox today... no letter.

My status on SGS is still 'Under Review' and it just says my application was received on the engineering system.

I do know that a friend's boyfriend got admitted into U of T's MEng program yesterday... nothing about MASc yet. I don't know how he was informed of his admission though - whether by email or regular mail....

not really, i received nothing until the rejection

I have applied in ECE; got a recommendation from a faculty member, still my case is in review stage. don't know whats next.

I am an international and have applied for engineering masters..have had 2 rejections thus far: mcgill and waterloo....now waiting from UofT, UBC, UVic, Carleton and Manitoba....and i really dunno how to define this long a wait!!....There seems to be no movement in the process....

I am an international and have applied for engineering masters..have had 2 rejections thus far: mcgill and waterloo....now waiting from UofT, UBC, UVic, Carleton and Manitoba....and i really dunno how to define this long a wait!!....There seems to be no movement in the process....

Similar Story :(

2 Rejection : McGill SFU

Still Waiting : McMaster Uvic York U

I have almost lost hope :( :( :(

Ok, not going to lie, this whole waiting process for U of T had me extremely frustrated for the past two months.

After having not heard from the graduate office in a week, I gave them a call again and they sort of brushed me off, but I basically just told the person that the office said I was accepted but had not received anything in the mail about my acceptance. The lady said she'll check into it and let me know later since she was currently busy and her computer froze on her (sure...). Later that day, I got an email notification that I was accepted... and SGS indicated "Decision Made".

Today, I got my acceptance in the mail, so it got me thinking that, had I not called to follow up, I would have never heard back from the university at all.

So, yep, I'll be going to U of T for MASc. Good luck to those who are waiting it out! You might need to call the offices to follow-up with them about your application/status.

Ok, not going to lie, this whole waiting process for U of T had me extremely frustrated for the past two months.

After having not heard from the graduate office in a week, I gave them a call again and they sort of brushed me off, but I basically just told the person that the office said I was accepted but had not received anything in the mail about my acceptance. The lady said she'll check into it and let me know later since she was currently busy and her computer froze on her (sure...). Later that day, I got an email notification that I was accepted... and SGS indicated "Decision Made".

Today, I got my acceptance in the mail, so it got me thinking that, had I not called to follow up, I would have never heard back from the university at all.

So, yep, I'll be going to U of T for MASc. Good luck to those who are waiting it out! You might need to call the offices to follow-up with them about your application/status.

Very interesting. Congrats!

This reply i got from University of Victoria

"At this current time, there is no supervisor available for you.

However, we will continue to keep the files until the end of June for faculty to continue to review."

How long still i have to Wait :(