Waiting it Out on Canadian Universities

NoMoreABD

just wondering if anyone has applied to UBC for masters? was just wondering if you got your acceptance or rejection via email or mail? Same for Ottawa. I haven't heard a peep from either school yet, at this point I'm taking it as no bad news is good news, but it's getting late and I'm getting very anxious to know. haha. Goodluck to all who are still waiting!

I mailed the grad cor-ordinator again. She said they will try their best to give out the result before 1st of May! I am calling them on monday!

At least you have a provision to call them. In my case, they don't even receive long distance call.

What do you know about McMaster? Will they really start to send out any answer after July 1st?

I mean for this,

Your application will be evaluated when all of the required supporting materials have been received by Friday, July 01, 2011 application deadline.

And in case you are wondering about Queen's, I got thos email

All applications are currently under review by the admissions committee. Offers will be made beginning in March and continue until all positions have been filled which is usually in mid May. Successful applicants will be notified immediately by email.

Sent an e-mail asking about my application status last night to U of Alberta graduate admission assistant. don't know what is waiting for me and I am worried to check my U of Alberta mail box. :(

Sent an e-mail asking about my application status last night to U of Alberta graduate admission assistant. don't know what is waiting for me and I am worried to check my U of Alberta mail box. :(

I'm also waiting for U of A ECE department. I submit my application in mid Jan but my application was pending till the first of March due to lack of Recommendation letters!!

Am I waitedlisted? I asked Nona and she said: "Decisions will be made first of May" this waiting is killing me insideangry.gif. please share your stats if you heard any.

I'm also waiting for U of A ECE department. I submit my application in mid Jan but my application was pending till the first of March due to lack of Recommendation letters!!

Am I waitedlisted? I asked Nona and she said: "Decisions will be made first of May" this waiting is killing me insideangry.gif. please share your stats if you heard any.

SORENA

Well I will update my status. I haven't got any recommendation from any of the faculty members of U of Alberta. Only one professor replied my mail and told me that he won't take new graduate student this year becoz all his funding is dedicated to his current students. Seems like my chance is very very poor.

SORENA

Well I will update my status. I haven't got any recommendation from any of the faculty members of U of Alberta. Only one professor replied my mail and told me that he won't take new graduate student this year becoz all his funding is dedicated to his current students. Seems like my chance is very very poor.

I'm waiting for U of A , ECE as well , I guess my chance is very low too as I haven't got any recommendations. from faculty

I'm waiting for U of A , ECE as well , I guess my chance is very low too as I haven't got any recommendations. from faculty

Well, the update is, ECE graduate application Administrator didn't reply my mail and I am sure of my application status that Its a "REJECTION". Finger crossed for you guyz. all the best.

For anyone waiting on McMaster's HRM program, the admissions coordinator said they usually complete the Round 2 application reviews by the end of April or very early May. So I expect we will hear from them sometime next week or the week after.

Hi guys...

I have applied to these Four Universities for Masters in Computer science :

1. York U

2. McMaster U

3. University of Victoria

4. SFU

Still havent heard anything form them :( ........

Does this mean i have lesser chance of getting accepted ?

PS : Checking my mail 100 times /day and very anxiously waiting :(

So I was waiting on UofT, but my UOttawa acceptance deadline is this Friday, so I emailed the department I applied to for UofT to ask for whether a decision had been made about my application and they responded immediately saying yes, a decision has been made and that I had been rejected last week. I've been checking my online application account everyday and even right now it still says my application is "under review". It is annoying that I had to email them to get an decision.

So for those of you still waiting for a decision but just can't wait anymore, perhaps emailing the department is worth a shot.

I sent them a same mail- that I need to confirm admission at another univs before 1st may. And the grad- coordinator replies- "We will try our best to give the result before 1st of May"!! This was a week ago!

And I mailed them again today that can it be expected by tomorrow? - So far no response. I guess I will call them tomorrow to know if they are actually serious about giving any admits now!

I sent them a same mail- that I need to confirm admission at another univs before 1st may. And the grad- coordinator replies- "We will try our best to give the result before 1st of May"!! This was a week ago!

And I mailed them again today that can it be expected by tomorrow? - So far no response. I guess I will call them tomorrow to know if they are actually serious about giving any admits now!

I don't think that they are really interested, as the graduate admission secretary left the office early today. I just called at the university reception and found out that.

Ok, so that is strange! But I have been talking directly to my department. So I hope no one has gone on a vacation there! I see, in the survey, someone getting an admit with funding as late as 23rd April! http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=mcgill&t=a&o=p&p=14 So I am hoping that my decision will be out soon as well, and hopefully a positive one! BTW can anyone tell me how can I contact this person on the survey list. There is no link to any profile on that survey. Thanks a lot.

After finally receiving responses to all of my applications, I just declined an offer for an MA at Queen's in history and for an MA at UofT in linguistics ... hopefully someone gets to hear some good news soon!

Edited by Epyion