Waiting it Out on Canadian Universities

NoMoreABD

Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian applicant to my PhD at OISE, University of Toronto for Fall 2011. I submitted my app in Nov 2010 and was told I'd know by late March 2011, which is already a pretty ridiculous wait. Let alone, we are half way through April and still nothing. I emailed them to check when they'd be notifying applicants and all they told me was "shortly". To all those waiting in agony, I am right there with you :(

Edited by mangetout

does any one know how do University of Alberta or SFU communicate for a decision? whether its an acceptance or a rejection !

Probably varies by department. I heard from U of A by email in early February, but only found out about funding (also by email) in early April.

anyone have heard back from SFU, Engineering Dept? I submit my application in early January, but still have not heard anything... It's so frustrated

Same here buddy. Have you got any recommendation from any of the professors of SFU?

Its seems like there is no hope for me .... every day I am counting and "acceptance" is fading away from my mind.

Any one got any info from U of Alberta ECE department? or SFU ECE department?

@Horizon: I did not have any recommendation from any prof. If you got one, you'll probably got admitted.

@bachkn

I have got a conditional recommendation from a professor of SFU but not any from Alberta. Well, this waiting is killing me !

@Horizon: gratz, you got recommendation then you should be admitted. I applied to only SFU, email to 2 prof but heard nothing, assume I'll be rejected this year. I email to the program assistant, she said that we'll heard back before May 1st.

Edited by bachkn

Ok so the last time I contacted the department was april 1st and they told me my application has been passed on to the admission committee for review... its 20 days later and nada. Should I email or call? At this point im not expecting acceptance but it would be nice to have a official or unofficial rejection so I can get on with it.