OMG it's March!!!

GI1

I was waiting for March so badly but now I feel like throwing up, I haven' t received any acceptances yet and this makes it really stressful, I think to myself that was I really waiting for this day or I liked the fact that maybe no news is probably good news, fooling myself sometimes makes me feel better!

probably going to receive some results till mid March, ..Yikes!.......I'm totally freaked out!!! :wacko:

Edited by GI1

It seems to me that all the responses are going out this week *gulp*! I got my first one today, and I have a feeling more are to come this week! Best of luck to all! They're on the way!

I've applied to a total of 3 programs in 2 universities. All of them promised thier decisions to be done by the end of March. Now, when its March 1, I am so excited but also so scared. Wish it would be April already...

Yay, finally time to really expect things to happen! (Past years suggest none of my programs ever reply before March, really).

Yes. Mine will come in 2-4 weeks. At this point, I'm only waiting on one school. I have other applications pending, but I really only care about one. It is hard when you don't know what you are going to be doing with your life in a few months. Will it be a PhD, or a Masters? And for me... will it be History, or MLIS? Oh, and should I be looking for a job yet? I know I have plenty of time and I should be patient, I've been really good up until yesterday.

It seems to me that all the responses are going out this week *gulp*! I got my first one today, and I have a feeling more are to come this week! Best of luck to all! They're on the way!

Congrats! Good luck to everyone.

Where did February go?! THIS MONTH I will (basically) know where the next two years will take me?!? THE NEXT TWO WEEKS may have an impact on the rest of my freakin' life?!?!?!

*Just a lil' glimpse of the thoughts battling it out for top billing in my head *

Good luck, all! biggrin.gif

Where did February go?! THIS MONTH I will (basically) know where the next two years will take me?!? THE NEXT TWO WEEKS may have an impact on the rest of my freakin' life?!?!?!

*Just a lil' glimpse of the thoughts battling it out for top billing in my head *

Good luck, all! biggrin.gif

When I work myself up I get like this too! except it will be the next 5-6(ish) years!!! I have not been stable for years now, going between jobs, internships, home, etc. It will be nice to stay in one place for a while :)

I don't have any acceptances yet either, so I've been having a tough time planning for the future. I'm not in school or working, and this uncertainty is making it hard to get a job. Nobody wants to hire you when you can only commit to working there for 6 months max, plus if I find out I don't get in anywhere, I'm probably going to want to find a research job in another city and move ASAP. But, this will all be over soon...we all just need to hang in there :)

I've gotten two unofficial acceptances from POIs so far, both contingent on whether the Prof. gets funding. And the funding situation at each school will be sorted within the next 3 weeks or so. I'm so excited to have gotten in, but if I can't attend due to a simple budget shortfall? Daaaaannnnngggg.

Go March Go.

I'm the same! I've been neurotically checking my email, reading and re-reading the FAQ's about when decisions will be made. Its so awful!!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one physically upset by this process.

Field: Statistics

Applied: UC-SB, UC-Davis, Texas A&M, CSU

I have several tabs opened on my browser, including my gmail-- so when I see that number go up by one, I quickly check to see if there's an *admissions* ::knock on wood:: email, but time and again, it's just my stupid subscription to the NYTimes!! I'm really nervous!!

ha! I do the exact same thing. I also have a smartphone, so whenever I hear it beep or see the green light flashing, I'm obsessively checking..at the gym, walking on the street, in bed first thing in the morning, LOL. It's funny, I thought I would have my first two notifications coming up in the next two weeks, and was resigned to that, but then I was accepted over the phone to a program on Tuesday and now I'm even MORE antsy to find out the other results because now it feels like it can happen at any time!

I have a smartphone too; it is a curse anda blessing. I check my email, the graduate division websites, and the results search over twenty times a day. I am driving myself insane. I am typing this on my iPhone right now because I can't think of anything else. I wish I could sleep until I got my results.

I have several tabs opened on my browser, including my gmail-- so when I see that number go up by one, I quickly check to see if there's an *admissions* ::knock on wood:: email, but time and again, it's just my stupid subscription to the NYTimes!! I'm really nervous!!

Same! I have set all my emails from different accounts to forward them all to a single email account, my stupid subscription to the deadline of the conferences (which I don't use but thought it would be academic to subscribe) makes me mad!

I don't have any acceptances yet either, so I've been having a tough time planning for the future. I'm not in school or working, and this uncertainty is making it hard to get a job. Nobody wants to hire you when you can only commit to working there for 6 months max, plus if I find out I don't get in anywhere, I'm probably going to want to find a research job in another city and move ASAP. But, this will all be over soon...we all just need to hang in there :)

I totally feel your pain, finally got the interview i wanted at an architecture firm and now i have to tell them that i can't make a decision until early April. Messed up.

Currently awaiting something from RPI, and then UPenn in mid-March, and MIT by the end of the month. I really don't know what to expect D; The wait is absolutely dreadful, but sure beats working in retail after an expensive and hard earned bachelor's :)