NSF DDIG

spinnergal

Just got unofficially rejected. Beyond frustrating that we missed an entire (last, for me) application cycle.  Best of luck to those still waiting.

Me too.  Mantz has been incredibly helpful though, so here's to better luck with a resubmission!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm IOS, and no one from my lab heard until, IIRC, early May last year. Too early to start thinking about it.

trawling the internets, seems like some DEB folks were notified, all seem to be evolutionary biology. but i'm not sure if there were multiple review panels or not, mine says external review started 1/22/14 with status pending. i guess i probably didn't get funding........darn.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on your program officer for DEB...Just talked with John Shchade and he said it would be a week or two.  Some ecol. awards have already gone out.  My labmate just got one.  So, some of us still have another anxious week or two before we are rejected.  YAY!

I applied to the DDIG for biological anthropology (November 15 deadline). My external review panel date was 2/6/14, and I just noticed this morning that my status date, which was 11/16/13, has now changed to 3/7/14 with status still listed as pending. I'm assuming since I haven't heard by email or phone yet (haven't checked voicemail but assume they also would call my PI, who would have let me know) from my program officer that this means I will be receiving a rejection notice within the next week or so? Anyone else have a status change and hear one way or the other yet? 

I applied to the DDIG for biological anthropology (November 15 deadline). My external review panel date was 2/6/14, and I just noticed this morning that my status date, which was 11/16/13, has now changed to 3/7/14 with status still listed as pending. I'm assuming since I haven't heard by email or phone yet (haven't checked voicemail but assume they also would call my PI, who would have let me know) from my program officer that this means I will be receiving a rejection notice within the next week or so? Anyone else have a status change and hear one way or the other yet? 

Mine says the same thing and I agree with your assessment. 

Although I did not expect to get it this round, I just wanted the editorial suggestions. So a rejection would not actually hurt. 

I suppose it helps that I was awarded a Fulbright Fellow.  :)

Bio Anth - DDIG  (sorry for not clarifying - my post was right above this one so....)

My status just updated today, officially declined.  I am absolutely not concerned about this, it was my first submittal. I can't wait to read their feedback so I can try again in the summer. If I am lucky with all the rest of my funding, then it can be a supplemental to enhance my lab work next year. 

Good luck to everyone else! 

PS - my feedback was VERY helpful. All in all - everyone liked my project!  I have some great ideas on how to improve now. 

Edited by Secret_Ninja

Just a reminder that there are a lot of different DDIG programs - could be helpful if people would note which directorate and/or subheading they're reporting.

In Biological Sciences, it seems DEB has been announced in the past couple weeks. No news from IOS.

Still pending, but I think it's only a matter of time for the rejection. Congrats on your Fulbright Fellow!

I'm still in the running for Wenner Gren (passed round 1), so fingers crossed. 

Still pending, but I think it's only a matter of time for the rejection. Congrats on your Fulbright Fellow!

I'm still in the running for Wenner Gren (passed round 1), so fingers crossed. 

You never know =) 

Good luck with both!  From what I hear, getting through round one of Wenner Gren is very impressive. 

anyone recommended for anthro DDIG still waiting for final decisions? Any idea when we will hear back? 

Anthro is WAY behind schedule...

Edited by Nrrrdgrrrl

Just a heads up for Anthro DDIG - I did not get an email (and still have not). I just logged into fastlane and found my rejection. I forget the exact numbers, but I think they had something like 44 proposals, 10 were competitive. 7 of these had everything they wanted, 3 of them were missing some components. 

Sorry Nrrrdgrrrl - Hopefully they were more helpful than harsh. I was shocked how nice mine were to be honest. I have had friends ripped to shreds. 

extremal - that might be a good thing!

three were helpful; one basically called me an idiot, and my project, worthless...and the reviewer used patently offensive tone in the review.  So, I'm ignoring that one and focusing on the ones that might actually help me improve!  Jerk...

I applied for the August 2013 cycle. Gosh, its been so long... and so stressful!

You need to email Carolyn Ehardt... I applied for the Nov 2013 cycle and have already heard back. Granted, the sequester occurred, which might be slowing things down. But.. are other people from August 2013 still waiting as well? I know it is faster to get out the rejections than it is the funded decisions. 

three were helpful; one basically called me an idiot, and my project, worthless...and the reviewer used patently offensive tone in the review.  So, I'm ignoring that one and focusing on the ones that might actually help me improve!  Jerk...

You're not the only person that this has happened to. In a few days, read the jerky one again and see if there are any nuggets of wisdom hidden in the crap.