Who else has still heard nothing from a school?

mj53

Still nothing from

1. Univs of Minn TC

2. McGill Univs

Really stretching it too far these too! And I would happily take either of the admit!!

Btw does anyone know what happens if one accepts an admission offer and then on getting a better one declines it? :D

I've written off the one university that I haven't heard from yet. I figure after multiple calls and e-mails, they're not getting back to me.

I'm still waiting on the MS program I applied to, but their deadline is "four weeks before the beginning of registration for the quarter you wish to enroll", so I may well not hear anything until AUGUST!:o

I didn't hear anything from Gatech, it's really strange. I sent them emails but they didn't answer. I have chosen to sign with TAMU, but since I paid a fee I want an answer! What are you doing in Atlanta?!

Hey all,

I am in a similar boat, however, slightly different. I applied to a PhD Chemistry program and actually heard back from the department stating they had recommended I be enrolled in their class for the Fall 2011 semester. I received this letter on April 1st, and as of today April 25th I haven't head anything back from the graduate school pertaining to my admission decision. I had e-mailed the chemistry graduate recruiter a couple weeks back, and he stated they are still determining financial aid. So, is it possible I will receive both the graduate school admissions letter and financial aid award at the same time, and do you think this is the cause for not receiving anything from the graduate school yet? As well, how long does this usually take? I assume it's different for every school, but could you please provide me with any input! Thanks!

Edited by magicfc07

Hey all,

I am in a similar boat, however, slightly different. I applied to a PhD Chemistry program and actually heard back from the department stating they had recommended I be enrolled in their class for the Fall 2011 semester. I received this letter on April 1st, and as of today April 25th I haven't head anything back from the graduate school pertaining to my admission decision. I had e-mailed the chemistry graduate recruiter a couple weeks back, and he stated they are still determining financial aid. So, is it possible I will receive both the graduate school admissions letter and financial aid award at the same time, and do you think this is the cause for not receiving anything from the graduate school yet? As well, how long does this usually take? I assume it's different for every school, but could you please provide me with any input! Thanks!

If it helps, often you do receive a financial aid offer and acceptance in the same package. That happened with one of my schools, and the MA program I am attending now. The one school I am waiting for also told me that you will get an admission package, which includes fellowship and merit based aid, but not need based support (like loans).

If it helps, often you do receive a financial aid offer and acceptance in the same package. That happened with one of my schools, and the MA program I am attending now. The one school I am waiting for also told me that you will get an admission package, which includes fellowship and merit based aid, but not need based support (like loans).

KreacherKeeper,

I appreciate your input, that makes me feel much more comfortable! Hopefully everything arrives in the mail shortly. Thanks again for your help!

So I have a reject from UMN-TC (after 5months!!!) and McGill is the only one left in my kitty!!

Anyone there waiting for McGill? Anyone who has applied for MS in Mech in McGill?! Anyone at all, or am I alone in this wait?!!

PS:- Sorry to have sound this desperate!!

I am still waiting on one school. I e-mailed today and requested a time frame since I have to know by Friday for another school and have not heard back yet (not an answer, but any e-mail reply). Unfortunately, if I do not hear back tomorrow, I may just take the other offer.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hello everybody

I am still waiting from CUNY comp lit, and rutgers italian studies....it's weird such a long wait and probably it's not hiding any good message however the hope is the last one to die.......but I don't know what to do to be honest!!!

Any suggestion? I don't eant to email because I like thinking they are still deciding on my application but I probably think they decided and simply could not be bothered to inform me!!!

what do you think you are going to do with those UNIS?

Hello everybody

I am still waiting from CUNY comp lit, and rutgers italian studies....it's weird such a long wait and probably it's not hiding any good message however the hope is the last one to die.......but I don't know what to do to be honest!!!

Any suggestion? I don't eant to email because I like thinking they are still deciding on my application but I probably think they decided and simply could not be bothered to inform me!!!

I just had a minor meltdown with one of my favorite professors, who also sits on these committees at the MA level. She told me that in the case of this particular school they are given a certain amount of funding that can be handed out. So if you hear quickly it means that you were either so wonderful that they could not wait to throw money at you or you were rejected. For the vast majority of cases, it is a matter of trying to match the best candidates with the most money, which can take time because 1. They might 'recycle' refused offers 2. They review everyone not just yours to figure out how you compare 3. They might be screaming to try to get you money from other pots (like Uni money or something). Unlike undergrad admissions, there are many pots of money (all limited) and you not only have to be admitted but you have to match an available 'pot' to get funded. Her advice was to chill, because the longer it takes may (and the emphasis is on the fact that this is a MAY not a definite case) be an indication that they are actually trying to match the best package to you as possible, given the applicant pool and limited funding.

On the other hand, this is no guarantee. I had a friend rejected today and the reason given was the limited class size.

Good luck!

Hello everybody

DONT WORRY I spoke briefly with the CUNY grad school director of admissions today and they are still finalizing decisions for the school of public health so this may very well also be the case for comp lit. just call them you're not the only CUNY student with this concern about the late notifications so just hang in there! good luck okay!

DONT WORRY I spoke briefly with the CUNY grad school director of admissions today and they are still finalizing decisions for the school of public health so this may very well also be the case for comp lit. just call them you're not the only CUNY student with this concern about the late notifications so just hang in there! good luck okay!

btw don't try e-mailing they are sooo not replying to e-mails quickly on the department level and haven't been for some time i tried e-mailing before and started to freak out but you know how large CUNY is so you need to just call the admissions in a calm way and try hard to be calm lool b/c i really feel ya! but if you're calm the admissions may be able to do some extra detective work on your behalf to get a status update directly from the faculty...maintain hope there's always hope seriously there is

I just had a minor meltdown with one of my favorite professors, who also sits on these committees at the MA level. She told me that in the case of this particular school they are given a certain amount of funding that can be handed out. So if you hear quickly it means that you were either so wonderful that they could not wait to throw money at you or you were rejected. For the vast majority of cases, it is a matter of trying to match the best candidates with the most money, which can take time because 1. They might 'recycle' refused offers 2. They review everyone not just yours to figure out how you compare 3. They might be screaming to try to get you money from other pots (like Uni money or something). Unlike undergrad admissions, there are many pots of money (all limited) and you not only have to be admitted but you have to match an available 'pot' to get funded. Her advice was to chill, because the longer it takes may (and the emphasis is on the fact that this is a MAY not a definite case) be an indication that they are actually trying to match the best package to you as possible, given the applicant pool and limited funding.

On the other hand, this is no guarantee. I had a friend rejected today and the reason given was the limited class size.

Good luck!

Does this mean I have a good chance of getting into my desired program if I am not asking for Funding b/c of a scholarship that I am bringing to them? I also have an admission decision pending status! any ideas would be helpful thanks!

Does this mean I have a good chance of getting into my desired program if I am not asking for Funding b/c of a scholarship that I am bringing to them? I also have an admission decision pending status! any ideas would be helpful thanks!

I don't know but I would think that bringing a scholarship would definitely help because you don't have to match a funding source in order to come. I know at my current MA school, I think it would be a definite advantage. I saw a conversation a while back where someone was denied and then got outside funding (for a Phd) and was ultimately admitted, or at least people thought he would be admitted.

Congrats on your outside scholarship. It sounds like to me you might have improved the odds:)

I don't know but I would think that bringing a scholarship would definitely help because you don't have to match a funding source in order to come. I know at my current MA school, I think it would be a definite advantage. I saw a conversation a while back where someone was denied and then got outside funding (for a Phd) and was ultimately admitted, or at least people thought he would be admitted.

Congrats on your outside scholarship. It sounds like to me you might have improved the odds:)

oh thank you so much! I sure really hope so!

I still have not heard from GaTech and UCI, but already committed to another school so not too frustrated.

Did you check your status on buzzport? Mine said my master's transcript was missing all the way up until the time they sent me my rejection.

I applied Feb 22nd but my application status was updated as complete on March 11th.. and STILL NOTHING! This is insane! I emailed to the Admission Office and they said they are still in the process of sending out emails and like I should get mine within next few weeks. Seriously, this is ridiculous!!

How about you? When did you apply and what program?

I'm waiting on the same thing. When did you apply?

I applied Feb 22nd but my application status was updated as complete on March 11th.. and STILL NOTHING! This is insane! I emailed to the Admission Office and they said they are still in the process of sending out emails and like I should get mine within next few weeks. Seriously, this is ridiculous!! How about you? When did you apply and what program?

I submitted my app on Jan 31 for integrated marketing. But my recommendations didn't get there til feb 9. I've heard nothing since. If they are gonna reject me Id rather them just tell me sooner than later.