Who else has still heard nothing from a school?

mj53

Waiting on U Calgary. I should find out next week I think. Called the school last week. So nervous. Can't wait to find out either way. And the school isn't bound by the April 15 deadline. Baaaghhhhhhhh....

I emailed Georgetown to ask them what the crap was going on with my application (in nicer terms, of course :). I heard back from them within a few hours, which was very refreshing. They told me that the Latin American Studies program doesn't even look at applications till April 1st, but because it's such a small programs, they make their decisions very quickly. So I'm guessing I'll be hearing them by April 15th.

I emailed Georgetown to ask them what the crap was going on with my application (in nicer terms, of course :). I heard back from them within a few hours, which was very refreshing. They told me that the Latin American Studies program doesn't even look at applications till April 1st, but because it's such a small programs, they make their decisions very quickly. So I'm guessing I'll be hearing them by April 15th.

Did you apply to the MA in LAS at Georgetown? Because I got an email from them about two weeks ago and the official letter in the mail on Wednesday.

Did you apply to the MA in LAS at Georgetown? Because I got an email from them about two weeks ago and the official letter in the mail on Wednesday.

Yeah, weird, right? I saw some other acceptances on the results page, so I don't know what to think about that. The CLAS website does say they're accepting applications till April 1st . . .

Yeah, weird, right? I saw some other acceptances on the results page, so I don't know what to think about that. The CLAS website does say they're accepting applications till April 1st . . .

Did they have a priority deadline/did you apply by it? I don't even remember if they did or not, haha.

Did they have a priority deadline/did you apply by it? I don't even remember if they did or not, haha.

I applied a day or two before the date of the general MSFS deadline, January 10th or something like that.

I've also noticed that starting down my BlackBerry doesn't help at all either. It just stares back at me like, "Sheesh man, I'm just a phone..."

I think my computer has mastered that look. That, and I may have destroyed the F5 key...

Still waiting to hear from American University, people started posting about their acceptances in that thread back on the 14th so of course I started really expecting, getting nervous and that whole bit. It turns out that they make decisions in batches and send them out accordingly. That only led to all kinds of speculating and theorizing about what the batches mean and why would you be in the first as opposed to the 2nd or 3rd...yada yada. Someone said that the admissions person said it has no significance whatsoever, but they have a feeling it does. Does it? Hell if I know. Before the post about the batches we were comparing our locations and figuring mailing times and maybe it had something to do with geography. Yikes, it's enough to drive you nuts, but you know I'm glad this forum exists because I feel like knowing what other people are going through is helpful enough to keep some semblance of sanity. I would still be waiting to hear from George Mason also if I hadn't emailed my program's coordinator and asked when I can expect to get a decision, she told me I should be receiving a very exciting letter in the mail next week. Being waitlisted by the only other school I applied to even an unofficial acceptance at this point is amazing. I was a little surprised that she gave it away like that, she could have just said you'll hear next week, but that was such a welcomed email, it sure did make my day.

I just dont get it! I applied to 4 schools for a Phd in Business Management. I was rejected from 2 (both of them I expected because they were last minute applications I put together), The other two I did everything right and it was confirmed that they received all my application. One they have told me I wont hear back for another 6 weeks (yes they wait until late April/ early May).... the other one's deadline is in 4 days! They said everyone will hear by March 31st. The crazy thing is that this school pursued me! I didnt finish the application, and they sent me 4 emails asking me to complete it, 1 week after the deadline passed. They even told me they would extend the deadline 3 weeks as long as I finished the application with a promise not to look at my application any differently!. What is going on????

I'm still waiting on a lot of programs, was really surprised when I actually got 3 positive replies from some last week - I thought it was rejection time... So, don't give up hope! And I can't understand them either...

3 applications, 1 interview and not a word from anyone since... I emailed the department where I interviewed on Friday but (not surprisingly) haven't heard back yet. My slow deterioration into obsession is evident by the fact that I have no idea how I got onto this forum.... this is not the biochemistry lab I am supposed to be doing...

I'm going to be emailing my final schools as soon as I finish this post!!

So i'll let you guys know if I receive any worthwhile info or just the standard "wait til april 15th" reply...

Quick update :)

I emailed the three schools I haven't heard from.

School A: fast reply and a very pleasant email saying I will get a decision in the mail by the end of this week

School B: no reply but I just checked my mail and got the rejection letter lol

School C: no reply, i saw on the results page that a person got their rejection letter in may lol ugh

Hey there,

I did the same last thursday. Only got one reply, basically saying that it was still under review and they would get back to me when they got back to me (this might go well beyond April). The other's I keep waiting to hear from hehe.

Quick update :)

I emailed the three schools I haven't heard from.

School A: fast reply and a very pleasant email saying I will get a decision in the mail by the end of this week

School B: no reply but I just checked my mail and got the rejection letter lol

School C: no reply, i saw on the results page that a person got their rejection letter in may lol ugh

I just emailed my last 3 schools too. School A had sent my rejection letter a full month ago but it must have gotten lost in the mail so good thing I emailed! School B is still working on it and no response from School C.

*Sigh* I just need one admit....and I want it now!!!!

CRC87 I love your tagline. I just reread Waiting for Godot while awaiting decisions. Its very appropriate and helped me cope.

"I can't go on like this."

"That's what you think."

Oh, it really is one of my favorites.

I applied to all top schools and have been rejected by all of them except one...I got an interview at another good school, and I am waiting to hear back from them on a decision. I contacted the last top school, and this graduate program office wrote back to me stating 'all decisions will be made by 4/15.' I figured if they wanted to reject me already they would have like all the other top schools, but they have not. Now I am stuck here wondering and waiting.

I'm under the impression that no interview means rejection unless you're an international student.