Who else has still heard nothing from a school?

mj53

I will consider it now, thanks for the suggestion! Have you decided on a school yet?

Not yet. It's a matter of deciding whether I want to fork out the extra $15k~ a year for Georgetown, and whether that much more money is worth it. I didn't get funding at either school, so it'll be loans either way.

I still have heard nothing. Although, the University of Oklahoma's application page now says that as of April 1st my application is under final review with the department. The application deadline was January 10th and my application is just now getting a final review? Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Was supposed to hear back from CUNY Graduate Center since a month ago, when I contacted them two weeks ago they said they were still making decisions EVEN THOUGH on the results section about 3 people were already admitted to the program since Feburary.

Does anyone know anything about Penn State and their School of International Affairs? They're making me very anxious.

@Mal83: Yea I like Mason for the reason that its close to DC as well. However I guess this doesn't affect me very much because I have grown up right at its doorstep. But I can see the logic in wanting to go to a school centered around DC. How do you feel about Mason? I feel like its graduate programs are not terrible, but not close to other universities like GW, American, etc. However I still see it as a step above some. Thoughts? And congrats! My Mason package was full of a ton of goodies as I could hear on the phone from my parents the other day.

Does anyone know anything about Penn State and their School of International Affairs? They're making me very anxious.

@Mal83: Yea I like Mason for the reason that its close to DC as well. However I guess this doesn't affect me very much because I have grown up right at its doorstep. But I can see the logic in wanting to go to a school centered around DC. How do you feel about Mason? I feel like its graduate programs are not terrible, but not close to other universities like GW, American, etc. However I still see it as a step above some. Thoughts? And congrats! My Mason package was full of a ton of goodies as I could hear on the phone from my parents the other day.

I just got a letter, nothing else, it said that once I confirmed my program would send additional information. I want goodies too! I know Mason is no GW or American, but I didn't get into those schools, so it's not an issue. At this stage of the game I see Mason as my way out of my current situation, working at a preschool in Arizona is not something I can continue much longer. Sure, if I'm graced by GW with an acceptance off the waitlist I'll drop Mason like a hot potato if you know what I mean, but in lieu of anything else Mason feels great. Plus there's a 2 week residency abroad included in the program like GW so I have a good feeling about this.

Is there really such a thing as a terrible graduate program?

i was told i was admitted and i would probably get funding and that they will be contacting me again soon. more than a month later i wrote them and they told me there was no money and that i was now second on the wait list

thay way cuny delivers the information sucks

Hey all. So I heard from the Director of Admissions at Penn State an update on my application status via email. And I quote:

"I checked your file and your review was finished and you are in “hold” status.Essentially, it means your file will be held and reviewed again in two weeks (or less), as final decisions are made."

So this essentially means I am wait-listed, correct? Am I interpreting this correctly? Thanks.

I had this dream yesterday that I finally got a huge package in the mail from a school I haven't heard from yet. I excitedly opened the large envelope - and out fluttered a single sheet of big paper that said : NO!

I was so freaked out I woke myself up!

Ugh. This process is turning me into a crazy person!!

I had this dream yesterday that I finally got a huge package in the mail from a school I haven't heard from yet. I excitedly opened the large envelope - and out fluttered a single sheet of big paper that said : NO!

I was so freaked out I woke myself up!

Ugh. This process is turning me into a crazy person!!

HAHA I've had similar dreams except they were more on the yes side... only to wake up and realize that I AM STILL WAITING TO HEAR! Worse then freddy.

I applied to 15 schools, got 10 rejects and 5 unknowns =//// i'm assuming at this point if the last 5 haven't said a word to me yet then they really don't want anything to do with me >_<

That sucks. I've been rejected from all but one of the schools I applied to. Still waiting to hear from UNC-Chapel Hill, but I'm pretty sure its a rejection too. Good luck with your 5 holdouts!

Still waiting to hear on one school - not a peep out of them since I applied, despite the fact it's rolling admissions and they aim to reply within 8 weeks. Applications for the program closed on 1st April so I'm hoping to hear soon now that all applications are in!

i went ahead and emailed the 5 programs i hadn't heard back from, that resulted in 3 responses and 2 schools who still haven't sent me anything since the "your application is complete" message... with april 15th being tomorrow i can't help but wonder if they're planning on getting back to me at all

I'm still waiting on the last PhD program. Knowing the way the school does things, I'm pretty sure they just don't notify those they reject. I sent an e-mail last week, and haven't gotten a response.

I'm still waiting on the only school I applied to. This is getting annoying now. Ugh. Any decision would be fine with me. Maybe the late February 01 deadline is what's holding everything up.

I'm in the exact same boat. If it's a no, just tell me so I can start searching for a job. Last I heard my program was arguing about money, and there's no results on the results page. :/

I'm in the exact same boat. If it's a no, just tell me so I can start searching for a job. Last I heard my program was arguing about money, and there's no results on the results page. :/

Me three. I didn't realize a late February deadline would slow everything down. Everyone else around is either celebrating or down in the dumps, and I'm just staring off a precipice, waiting....waiting. Blargh.

I was notified that I was on a wait list on April 1. I had hoped that I would hear something today (April 18th). I finally broke down and called the program to at least find out my ranking on the wait-list. It turns out that the graduate admissions coordinator is on vacation until April 22nd - bummer. I guess I still wait.

I was notified that I was on a wait list on April 1. I had hoped that I would hear something today (April 18th). I finally broke down and called the program to at least find out my ranking on the wait-list. It turns out that the graduate admissions coordinator is on vacation until April 22nd - bummer. I guess I still wait.

What a horrible time for a graduate admissions coordinator to be on vacation! That's like the Easter bunny taking a vacation on Easter. Dude, it's your SEASON.

I've been on a wait-list since April 2. I finally e-mailed, very similiarly to JoeB's account -- and the director of grad admissions is away until April 26. Looks like I'll be waiting for a bit longer. Though I hear the deadline for decisions of first round offers goes until April 29.

Trying to find the patience in myself!

I e-mailed one of my choices yesterday, to be told that once the department had finalised their choices, I would be contacted. Replying to them that I still haven't even heard a thing for about several weeks, was told to contact a new admission person (the person I had been dealing with isn't there anymore...). Was nice of them to let me know that!

The other program said I might hear back in May..might.

The one I am waiting for (and the one with the Interview) the Admissions person is away until April as well, and since their are no classes this week, when I called, I got a message that said no decisions would be issued until April 30th (and apologized for the delay). I am, at this point, delusional. It is the one offer that would rock my world, but I am worried that I am going to have to accept another offer if they wait too long. But at least I have stopped stalking the Post person every day. I am still checking my e-mail though.

I have also made up a scenario where the reason it is taking so long in my case (I am ignoring that their are other applicants of course), is that they are preparing a fabulous funding offer which takes a bunch of signatures to get approved. Is it truth, no...Is it better than thinking that my application is underneath someone's forgotten coffee cup, yes....