Who else has still heard nothing from a school?

mj53

No interview. No rejection. No nothing. Is it normal to go this late without hearing anything at all? I feel like after not getting an interview I should have been rejected by now and I assume I have been rejected. I've already received rejection letters from 2 other schools who didn't interview me all the way back in early February.

So what's the deal? I doubt I got wait listed without an interview. That just doesn't make sense to me.

I heard nothing and logged into their site to see if they had posted a rejection. I was surprised to find that it said they hadn't received a transcript, so I called the Registrar's office to confirm the fact that one had been sent on December 2, which it had. So I've emailed to ask about the lost transcript.

So you might want to log into the school's site to make sure some part of your application didn't get lost.

Still waiting to hear from one school. I have received both rejections and acceptances from other schools without an interview so I don't know if an interview necessarily means anything. I logged into the application at my school and it still says the same thing it has said since December 7th.... which is that they have received my application, recommendations and transcripts and a copy has been forwarded to my department.

I don't know, but April seems way late to be getting back to people. I have a school that has accepted me and they want me to make a decision by April 15th. I think if I haven't heard from my other school by Friday I'm going to have to email them to see what's going on.

I'm an american who lives outside the US, so I guess they treat me like an international student regarding intervieing. I have not recieved anything at all (no rejection, no acceptance, no waitlist, no phone interviews) from 2 of the schools I've applied to. I'm trying to be optimistic and assume I'm perhaps waitlisted since I've heard nothing and it appears from this site that rejections have been sent late Feb. One recent poster said he/she was waitlisted so maybe I'm the same.

I suggest you check with the schools as Golden Monkey said (either their websites or by phone). Or check here if someone has received any decisions from the programs you applied to yet.

Good luck!

I haven't heard anything at all from two schools. I'm guessing both are rejections at this point but I'd like to know so I can go ahead and accept another offer.

I don't like the idea of emailing a program and asking them what my status is, but is this acceptable this late in the application process? I'd like to formally cross off every school before I commit somewhere...

i haven't heard anything as well...couple of days ago I sent an email asking for an update (even though they told me in late January that they send notifications all the way from late January to early April, I don't think a polite question can harm) but no response....gee, is really that hard to say at least a lie, like my evaluation is pending or somtg? Last that I heard was on December 12 when they posted on the website that all my papers arrived...and that's it...I already got an official offer in February from my second choice and I'm still waiting from my top school....although I'm assuming that I've been rejected...I'm an international student with a degree from US and I don't think that the international part makes any difference...I sent everything on time for the 'priority funding' deadline and still no word....and on top of that, here there are zero posts about the school/program that I'm applying to, other than somebody that posted an acceptance in late January, and a rejection from late March posted a year ago...so it sounds to me like 'rejected' already....=(

Why don't you guys just email or call the departments? What is it going to hurt at this point?

It may not hurt but it also may not help. I sent an e-mail to USC about a week and a half ago. They just responded yesterday and all they told me was that all decisions will be made by April 15th... ok... so I have to wait till the last minute or accept another offer with no official decisions from my pending schools? The options this process leaves some with are bleak. However, there was someone from my department who e-mailed a while ago and recieved a much more negative response so this may at least mean I'm still being considered although it just seems to be a waste of time to wait.

I'm waiting on Stanford, though not really. My application was turned in back in December and on time. I already received 3 replies from other schools (1 accept, 2 reject), and I need to reply to the one school soon. Just over the weekend (20th March) I went back to the Stanford program's website to see if it was hidden somewhere the date when they'd be sending out the accept/reject letters and guess what I found, a page for students to sign up for visitation day, IF they have already been accepted. And the visitation day was 19th March. So I'll take that to mean I did not get in. They didn't even bother rejecting me. Sheesh!

I am waiting for one school now. Got my rejection from Stanford today oh well. Still waiting on Berkeley Mechanical Engineering. I believe it will be a rejection considering how long it has been. Anyone heard anything from Berkeley for Mechanical?

I am also waiting to hear from UIUC gegraphy PhD program. I noticed that someone had posted an acceptance and another person a rejection. I called the school and they told me that they will get in touch with me in 2 weeks. What does that mean? Am i to expect a rejection or am I on the wait-list?

I'm still waiting on UT Austin Psychology (Cognitive Systems). I emailed the admissions office, and they said the interviews are this weekend, so I should hear from them soon after that. I wasn't invited, so obviously I'm rejected or waitlisted.

I've also noticed that starting down my BlackBerry doesn't help at all either. It just stares back at me like, "Sheesh man, I'm just a phone..."

Haha! I'm like, "beep, damnit! Beep with a new email!" And then Blackberry says, "OK! Here's one from Redflagdeals. One day sale at Old Navy!"

More on topic, I'm waiting on 3 out of 4. I emailed the grad director for one two weeks ago and "not aware of final decision on my application." Emailed the other one a week ago, and it's been crickets. I think a phone call would be better/more immediate, but if it's a rejection, they can hear me crying...

Still haven't heard from 3 universities.

I've emailed my top choice but a silent treatment is all I got. One university, which I emailed in mid-Feb, mentioned that I won't be hearing from them until a decision is made on Feb/March. And another has not received my official TOEFL scores which I requested from ETS last July.

I heard from one 2 weeks ago to discover I've been waitlisted and they won't be able to tell me anything more until the middle of May, George Washington University is my dream school so waiting this out will be fun. But I'm still waiting on the other 2 schools: American University and George Mason. I should hear from American within the next 2 weeks. I emailed them a few days ago and they said that decisions are still being made and they're made in 3 batches so just because others getting acceptances now and you haven't heard doesn't mean you should assume it's a rejection. George Mason's Global Affairs program had a March 15th deadline and didn't touch the application until that day hit. They just processed mine yesterday. So just imagine how many more weeks it will take to hear from them. I'm probably looking at late April for this one. But I'm hoping to get into American and then I won't have to think about waiting for George Mason for another month. That would be nice.

I'm still waiting for 2 universities: American and Georgetown. I emailed American this week and they said they'd send out my decision the first week of April. I'm think they process the apps depending on when they arrived. I applied the day before the application deadline, so I'm pretty sure that's why mine is taking so long. It was rather disheartening to hear everyone on here getting their admit/reject letters and me, nada.

I'm pretty sure I got into American since I got into George Washington, but you never know.

As for GT, I have no idea what's going on over there.

I'm still waiting on a few as well. Received a form letter rejection in snail mail yesterday from UT austin (marketing). Still no word at all from my top choice, but since they are higher ranked than any of the schools I've already been rejected by, I assume that they are a reject as well. That leaves me with 4 schools. One I have an interview with on Monday. Another I've spoken with the PhD coordinator and had an informal interview with a few weeks ago. A third I received a call from their PhD coordinator who was checking to see if I was "still available". It was very positive and she was very enthusiastic about my profile, but said, "this is just me. I have to convince my colleagues...". Still praying that they call back with a flyout offer or interview schedule. They were my #3 pic. Fourth and final school haven't heard a word. I've emailed the marketing admin a few times and she referred me to the PhD coordinator. I've emailed twice in the last 3 weeks with no response whatsoever. I'm assuming they are a reject at this point too.

This late in the game, I'd have to say that no word at all is equivalent to a rejection. There is the slight possibility of being waitlisted, but I'm not holding my breath.